Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
TNA's officially moving to Monday nights starting beginning March 8th

TNA to Monday's

I dont know about you guys, but I'm hoping TNA can step it up and work themselves up ratings wise just so WWE stops with these , s***ty, recycled storylines they've been using since the attitude era ended

TNA is gonna have to step it up big time if they are gonna threaten the E in any ratings war

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
TNA is gonna have to step it up big time if they are gonna threaten the E in any ratings war

For TNA to even threaten WWE, they need to have that moment while on Mondays. Like Scott Hall showing up on Nitro. No offense to Angle, but an established WWE star who was just on their program a few weeks ago and than shows up on their show.

Jeff Hardy could of been that but hasn't been on since.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
Pun/Rey on Smackdown was top notch. I can see they are setting that up for Mania.

Agreed. IIRC, the early plan was for them to have a hair v. mask match.

As for Raw, the only part I enjoyed was Orton/Sheamus. An Okay addition to the Hart/McMahon angle, until it kept being referred to as the worst night of Bret's life.

I'm sure losing his brother in tragic form or his parents or having a stroke & being put in a wheelchair can't even compare to breaking a leg.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Agreed. IIRC, the early plan was for them to have a hair v. mask match.

As for Raw, the only part I enjoyed was Orton/Sheamus. An Okay addition to the Hart/McMahon angle, until it kept being referred to as the worst night of Bret's life.

I'm sure losing his brother in tragic form or his parents or having a stroke & being put in a wheelchair can't even compare to breaking a leg.

Would of been better if they didn't show who the driver of the car was until everyone walked away and it was Stephanie just making a cameo.

And my jerk friend, down in FCW, texts me to say that he was working out and Mickie James, who he met a couple of days ago, remembered him and came over to talk to him today. What a jerk.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:08 PM)
So the NXT program is going to basically be an Ultimate Fighter-style show?

I don't have SyeFye, so I can't watch it, but I'm sure it'll end up online somewhere.

I'm interested to see how The Fortunate Sons (Joe Hennig and Brett DiBiase) do on that show.

That's what Meltzer is basically saying, kind of like the show they had on MTV. Now what is not clear to me is how much is going to be "reality" or worked (knowing full well that most "reality tv" is worked, but I mean completely worked)

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
here's the list if no one's seen it yet:

FCW Champion: Justin Angel

Daniel Bryan

Kaval

Skip Sheffield

Joe Hennig

Brett Dibiase

Darren Young

Heath Slater

Michael Tarver

That's what I saw, and for the record, Kaval is Lo-Ki and Daniel Bryan is Bryan Danielson

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
That's what I saw, and for the record, Kaval is Lo-Ki and Daniel Bryan is Bryan Danielson

Kaval and Daniel Bryan had a great match on FCW a few weeks ago.

P.S. A lot of internet people hate that they aren't calling him Bryan Danielsen. Who cares? He will hopefully still keep his style.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12337/

The official cast and mentors were announced tonight on ECW for the reality show that begins next week:

Chris Jericho as the mentor for Wade Barrett

Matt Hardy as the mentor for Justin Gabriel (who was Justin Angel in FCW, the current FCW champion)

MVP as the mentor for Skip Sheffield

Carlito as the mentor for Michael Tarver

Miz as the mentor for Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and there is humor in that

Christian as the mentor for Heath Slater

C.M. Punk as the mentor for Darren Young (longtime Northeast indie wrestler Fred Sampson)

R-Truth as the mentor for David Otungs (Jennifer Hudson's fiance)

Now I am exhausted so there is a great chance I am just missing something, but no Lo-Ki here. Not his new ring name and his real name is Brandon Silvestry...

Also, Miz as Daniel Bryan's mentor? I really hope this show isn't a shoot. Danielson is a veteran of the indie scene, a great in ring wrestler and was trained by HBK, I have no idea how a guy who got his job because he was on the Real World and tries really hard could mentor him.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
Also, Miz as Daniel Bryan's mentor? I really hope this show isn't a shoot. Danielson is a veteran of the indie scene, a great in ring wrestler and was trained by HBK, I have no idea how a guy who got his job because he was on the Real World and tries really hard could mentor him.

Maybe they're thinking the reason Danielson hasn't "made it" yet is personality and promo-related, and a guy who is in the big time because of his TV history could help develop a character for him. If that's the line of thinking, it's actually pretty solid IMO.

So much for Hogan staying out of the ring:

rajah.com

It was announced at Tuesday night’s TNA iMPACT tapings that Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair would make their in-ring debuts for TNA on the live Monday night March 8th iMPACT!.

Hogan will be teaming with Abyss to take on the team of Flair and TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

Ric Flair will be returning to action on national television almost 2 years after his big sendoff at WrestleMania 24, which coincidentally also took place from Orlando, Florida.

I'm sure Nigel McGuiness is regretting his decision to choose TNA over WWE. He has been reduced to being Bischoff's lackey after a nice little feud with Kurt ANgle.

Unfortunately, so has Homicide who I am a fan of.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
I'm sure Nigel McGuiness is regretting his decision to choose TNA over WWE. He has been reduced to being Bischoff's lackey after a nice little feud with Kurt ANgle.

Unfortunately, so has Homicide who I am a fan of.

It wasn't really a choice for Nigel. Once the WWE ran a physical on him, they saw how banged up he's been over the years & they didn't want the risk.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
It wasn't really a choice for Nigel. Once the WWE ran a physical on him, they saw how banged up he's been over the years & they didn't want the risk.

That's right. I forgot about that.

What the hell is this Samoa Joe angle? I'm not a huge fan of his, but they showed him leaving the arena and a white van pulls up and these guys in hoods jump out and kidnap him. How dumb.

I actually do like the Angle/Anderson stuff.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
Nothing on tonight so I am getting Chamber and I know I will be disappointed in it because outside of the Chamber matches, its bad looking.

Hope Jericho wins it.

+1 for Jericho winning it. I also wanna see DiBiase get some time to shine in the Raw EC match.