Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Wow, who was the fat guy dressed like Tomko?

He gained quite a bit of "insulation" since he was there last.

Sure got jobbed out, didn't he?

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Probably won't happen, but I hope HBK vs. Taker is last on Sunday. I wouldn't want to follow that.

That would be my choice. But all signs point to Clark Kent/Batista ending WM.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
That would be my choice. But all signs point to Clark Kent/Batista ending WM.

Isn't it usually the Rumble winner's match that goes last?

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Isn't it usually the Rumble winner's match that goes last?

Nah, 'Taker & Edge headlined WM 24 & Cena won the Rumble that year.

BTW, Batista was gold on the mic once again tonight. It's gonna be a shame to see him lose on Sunday.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
Nah, 'Taker & Edge headlined WM 24 & Cena won the Rumble that year.

BTW, Batista was gold on the mic once again tonight. It's gonna be a shame to see him lose on Sunday.

Agreed, im feelin heel Batista

On a sadder note, I missed the first hour of Raw because I was watching Dancing with the Stars.... :unsure:

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
Agreed, im feelin heel Batista

On a sadder note, I missed the first hour of Raw because I was watching Dancing with the Stars.... :unsure:

you were not required to admit that. you could of said you missed it because you were pumping iron or welding metal or something

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
you were not required to admit that. you could of said you missed it because you were pumping iron or welding metal or something

...or you were late coming home from the batting cages, or you had to beat the s*** out of some dude for lookin' at you wrong...

ANYTHING but Dancing With What Passes For Stars These Days.

My wife told me to turn to DWWPFSTD to look at Pam Anderson, and I was like "if she's still on when the commercials come on, I might....".

THAT's how you do that!!!!!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
...or you were late coming home from the batting cages, or you had to beat the s*** out of some dude for lookin' at you wrong...

ANYTHING but Dancing With What Passes For Stars These Days.

My wife told me to turn to DWWPFSTD to look at Pam Anderson, and I was like "if she's still on when the commercials come on, I might....".

THAT's how you do that!!!!!

That sir, was the best promo cut in this thread all year. :notworthy Could of used a Flair like ripping off of your sportscoat and an elbow drop onto the floor.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
That sir, was the best promo cut in this thread all year. :notworthy Could of used a Flair like ripping off of your sportscoat and an elbow drop onto the floor.

DANCING WITH THE STARS......I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!! YOU'RE NOT STARS!!! I'M A STAR!!! AJ IS A STAR!!!!

[takes off sportcoat to reveal extremely sweat-stained dress shirt]

YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A STAR IF SOMEONE HIT YOU ON THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHOO! WHOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

[elbow drop] [hits self on forehead to open existing head wound]

HOGAN!!! YOU SHOULD GO ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!!

CUZ YOU'RE NOT A STAR, EITHER!!!!

WHOOOOO!!!

AND MAYBE IF YOU WIN, YOU COULD GIVE YOUR TROPHY TO ABYSS!!!!!! CUZ HE LOVES COLLECTING YOUR TRINKETS!!!!!

........wwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

how's that?

:D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
DANCING WITH THE STARS......I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOU!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!! YOU'RE NOT STARS!!! I'M A STAR!!! AJ IS A STAR!!!!

[takes off sportcoat to reveal extremely sweat-stained dress shirt]

YOU WOULDN'T KNOW A STAR IF SOMEONE HIT YOU ON THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHOO! WHOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

[elbow drop] [hits self on forehead to open existing head wound]

HOGAN!!! YOU SHOULD GO ON DANCING WITH THE STARS!!!!

CUZ YOU'RE NOT A STAR, EITHER!!!!

WHOOOOO!!!

AND MAYBE IF YOU WIN, YOU COULD GIVE YOUR TROPHY TO ABYSS!!!!!! CUZ HE LOVES COLLECTING YOUR TRINKETS!!!!!

........wwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

how's that?

:D

:lolhitting Well played.

Yes, heel Batista is awesome. He was long over due for this change and it really makes him fresh again. I like the "Corporate creation" angle with the match.

10 guys in MITB is WAAAAAAAY! Too many. Realistically, at least one of the other 9 guys should be able to be ok enough to stop someone else from climbing the ladder and winning.

Im wondering what the numbers are going to look like this week. Jarrett hitting Bischoff with the guitar wasnt the *pop* opening I was looking for.

Although I am sad I missed foley blowing up Bubba the Love Sponge

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Im wondering what the numbers are going to look like this week. Jarrett hitting Bischoff with the guitar wasnt the *pop* opening I was looking for.

Although I am sad I missed foley blowing up Bubba the Love Sponge

I wonder if there's any way to determine exactly how many people tuned out while Eric Bischoff pretended to play guitar for FAR too long.

Monday’s TNA Impact drew a 0.9 cable rating, which was rounded up from a 0.86. The rating is up slightly from last weeks 0.84.

Here are the quarter-hour ratings for Impact television show.

Q1: 0.79 rating – Eric Bischoff guitar solo, Jeff Jarrett and Bischoff verbal exchange

Q2: 0.85 rating - Foley and Jarrett backstage, Beautiful People and Daffney vs. Tara, Angelina Love, Taylor Wilde, and Sarita, Ric Flair and A.J. Styles arrive

Q3: 0.93 rating – Hulk Hogan and Abyss promo, Flair and Styles interrupt, Sting and D’Angelo Dinero get involved

Q4: 0.76 rating – Continuation of the previous angle, Rob Terry vs. Tomko, Jarrett and Foley promo, multiple commercial breaks

Q5: 0.85 rating – Jarrett vs. Foley with Beer Money as refs, Bischoff on commentary

Q6: 0.97 rating – Conclusion of Jarrett vs. Foley, Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy save, Foley says goodbye and roughs up Bubba The Love Sponge, Bischoff and Hogan backstage

Q7: 0.89 rating - Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez match and injury angle

Q8: 0.85 rating - Hernandez loaded into the ambulance, Hardy and RVD vs. Beer Money,

Overrun: 0.81 rating – Main event conclusion, Eric Young hypes next week’s main event

Still not good at all. Yikes.

But WWE shouldn't be crowing - the final Raw before WrestleMania did a 3.24, down from 3.7 last week.

I'm not surprised at the ratings - neither show had much worth watching this week.

WWE just needs to do away with the rotating celebrity GM and put someone in there permanently(William Regal please) so it isnt a focus point of the show. There hasnt been a GM that actually made me say "that guy was worth watching the show" but there have been plenty that have made me want to turn it off, and Pete Rose was just an awful choice leading into Mania.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
WWE just needs to do away with the rotating celebrity GM and put someone in there permanently(William Regal please) so it isnt a focus point of the show. There hasnt been a GM that actually made me say "that guy was worth watching the show" but there have been plenty that have made me want to turn it off, and Pete Rose was just an awful choice leading into Mania.

About a month ago, I read The Rock was in discussions to be the GM for the whole summer. Not sure where that news is now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
And I wouldn't hold your breath on Regal ever having a huge role again. E has been burnt a few times by him and wellness violations.

I dont think the wellness violation would matter too much really. He is what he is, he always had his problems. He is always a good on screen character, and IMO he really was a fun GM, and he could come out and deliver a beatdown too. He is working his way back to a larger role on TV, I wouldnt be surprised to see him back as GM, but I wouldnt be surprised if they went another direction either

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
10 guys in MITB is WAAAAAAAY! Too many. Realistically, at least one of the other 9 guys should be able to be ok enough to stop someone else from climbing the ladder and winning.

Well when you think about it, there really only need to be 6-7 guys incapacitated to allow 3-4 to be going for the case and having one of them end up with it, not too much of a stretch..

So now there's talk of a Four Horsemen type stable in TNA with Flair as the leader/mouthpiece.

Styles would obviously be in the group, but who else do you think would fill out the lineup?

My guess:

Styles

Wolfe

Morgan

Anderson, only to later butt heads with Flair and do a face turn

dark horse:

Sting