Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
Nope. That spin kick for no good reason. Punches, spears and jackhammers. Other than when Bret Hart, CJ, Malenko, and Benoit did it, I wasn't really a fan of technical wrestling.

I understand you have a different preference, but I have to laugh at the bold part. It's like listing wearing wrestling shorts or the ability to collect a routine pinfall as a moveset.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Not gonna lie, I didnt really notice any no selling there

It wasn't no-selling like the Bruiser Brody/Lex Luger cage match (look that one up if you want a laugh), but Regal resisted Goldberg's offense enough to make the match real sloppy and make Goldberg look weaker than usual. Regal had more offense in that match than probably any Goldberg match before or since. Regal imposed his will during the match, but went along with the scheduled finish.

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Not gonna lie, I didnt really notice any no selling there

Watch how many times Regal shrugs off hits like it was nothing. In the middle of Goldbergs streak people were acting like he had blocks of concrete in his gloves, and his shoulder block off the ropes was usually the lead in to his spear and jackhammer. Regal was really taking it to Goldberg in a way that he wasnt expecting.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Watch how many times Regal shrugs off hits like it was nothing. In the middle of Goldbergs streak people were acting like he had blocks of concrete in his gloves, and his shoulder block off the ropes was usually the lead in to his spear and jackhammer. Regal was really taking it to Goldberg in a way that he wasnt expecting.

I saw MAYBE three moves from Goldberg that entire match.. a back drop, a spear, and a jackhammer..

Yeah, Regal wasn't floppin around the ring like he was getting destroyed but when I heard you guys talkin about it and how bad it was I was expecting him to get back up after a spear or something like that..

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
I saw MAYBE three moves from Goldberg that entire match.. a back drop, a spear, and a jackhammer..

Yeah, Regal wasn't floppin around the ring like he was getting destroyed but when I heard you guys talkin about it and how bad it was I was expecting him to get back up after a spear or something like that..

Consider the time frame. Goldberg probably hadn't even taken part in a match that lasted a minute at that point.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)

I guess that's what I liked about it. Every move seemed like Power from him, even though it was the wrestler's selling it. Besides Hitman, he's probably my favorite video game wrestler.

This does make it sound like he may be interested in wrestling again, even if its just a small chance..

The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of Bill Goldberg:

"BTW..my desire to return to the wrestling world in any capacity is based on the fact that if I continue to let my issues with the business......stand in the way, I'd be very selfish. Times have changed and I don't work for people anymore.....I work with them. I control my destiny."

Was never a Goldberg fan, but would pop for a return tomorrow or a run in of some sort. It seems he has changed now that he has kids and is less selfish.

Not too mention, it would be something shocking which we haven't had from wrestling in awhile.

The Ultimate Warrior is such a little b****

The Ultimate Warrior has posted a blog on his official website detailing his decision to turn down induction into year's WWE Hall of Fame after he felt Vince McMahon wasn't willing to meet him in-person to talk about their issues over the years.

On reports he was scheduled for induction into the WWE Hall Of Fame this year:

Well, after months of silly speculation and rumor-mongering regarding an appearance by me at this year's Hall of Fame, and with WM being this weekend, I suppose I should say something about it all. Actually, after first seeing how my decision to decline was reported, I had initially decided it wasn’t worth wasting time to say anything. Always the rumors. The silliness. The lies. The bulls***. Simply telling the truth is a high spot the bottom-feeders of internet wrestling news

always find too tough to pull off.

However, over the last couple of weeks I have received thousands of feverish emails from those of you who are absolutely convinced that my silence is absolute evidence that I will be making a surprise appearance at the Hall of Fame ceremony. So, I thought I should let you know the truth: I am not. I will NOT be at Wrestlemania in any capacity.

I did decline induction. Yes, I declined.

I did not “back out” of anything. There was never anything to “back out” of. I never agreed to appear at the Hall of Fame to begin with. The rumor that I did is a lie; an easy one that fits the kooky, fictional groundwork the liars have been laying down for years. It sounded good, made me look bad, so they added it on.

The issue of money never came up, either. I’m not even sure they pay inductees. I don’t think they do. I could be wrong. Don’t know. Don’t care. I never considered asking for any and it was never brought up in any of the discussions I had. Discussions, mind you, I had only with Vince, nobody else.

On his discussions with McMahon regarding the WWE Hall Of Fame:

Vince called me on December 23rd and left a voicemail saying, among other things, “let’s get you in the Hall of Fame where you belong.” After the holidays I returned his call, left a voicemail telling him to call me again when he found time. When we finally connected, I told him I would rather meet with him in person than talk over the phone. He said that would be great. He said he would find time on his calendar and call me back to set it up. When he called back a couple of weeks later he didn’t even mention finding a time scheduled to meet, and throughout the remainder of the conversation, further decided not to find one. So, given only the option to say either yes or no, my answer was quick and clear, I declined Vince’s invitation to headline this year’s HOF event.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
That guy is seriously in his own little world.

Totally agreed. Here he is admitting that Vince McMahon is giving him the respect he feels he deserves, and he still wont accept it because of a little breach of etiquette, which is only a face to face meeting

On another note, does Orlando Jones seriously think that this overtly bisexual character is going to go over? This is more than creepy, and he isnt a good enough wrestler to pull it off. I saw pics of his appearance at the last TNA event when the entire crowd went into a "This is Creepy" chant when he was lowered to the ring wrapped in police tape and went to sit down next to a guy and girl who felt him up. WTF

Edited by KyYlE23

How do you think Wrestlemania 26 will shake out?

The Streak vs. The Career

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

I think this will be the surprise of the night, I think Michaels wins

No Holds Barred Match

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

Bret is going to lock in the sharpshooter at some point, we all know it. The question is, will he win, or will there be interference? Im guessing interference

WWE Championship Match

Batista © vs. John Cena

SuperCena overcomes great adversity and defeats the man who broke his neck. Who knew?

World Championship Match

Chris Jericho © vs. Edge

Edge is about to go on an extended run as World Champion

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Kane, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, MVP, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy, Drew McIntyre

Drew McIntyre. No reason why.

United Tag Team Championship Match

Big Show and The Miz © vs. John Morrison and R-Truth

Big Show and Miz retain after a long match

Triple H vs. Sheamus

Trips overcomes a kick to the head and beats evil Ronald McDonald

Triple Threat Match

Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Cody Rhodes

DiBiase wins and starts his first true solo push. He probably pisses off Rhodes in the process

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

CM Punk wins(mostly because I believe Rey is about to take another injury leave)

10-Diva Tag Team Match

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs. Michelle McCool, Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero

I think McCool/Maryse/Layla/Alicia Fox and Guerrero win this one. But I wont watch

Winners bolded below:

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels -

(It would be stupid to kill the streak at this point.)

Bret Hart vs. Mr. McMahon

(There is a suspicion that another "screwjob" could be in the works, but I don't think Bret would agree to it at Mania)

Batista© vs. John Cena

(SuperCena strikes again!!!)

Chris Jericho© vs. Edge

(It's time for Edge to wear a belt again)

Big Show & The Miz© vs. John Morrison & R-Truth - Unified Tag Team Championship

(You can't have too many title changes on one PPV)

Triple H vs. Sheamus

(Trips seems to put guys over on PPVs, so I think he does so again)

(Rhodes steals the win from DiBiase, and let the Legacy feud begin!)

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

(Mysterio joining the SES keeps him on TV while his injuries heal up)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Drew McIntyre -

(I think McIntyre's closer to a title run than anyone else in the match other than Christian or Kane)

I just don't see why they would end the streak when HBK is taking time off or possibly even retiring after mania anyways..

Look at it like this, Vince isnt dumb.. he knows that there are loop holes to beat the retirement and get HBK back somehow, but there is no chance to erase the loss for Undertaker, and the streak is history..

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I just don't see why they would end the streak when HBK is taking time off or possibly even retiring after mania anyways..

Look at it like this, Vince isnt dumb.. he knows that there are loop holes to beat the retirement and get HBK back somehow, but there is no chance to erase the loss for Undertaker, and the streak is history..

I mentioned a possible way for HBK to lose to Taker and still stick around:

During the Vince/Bret match, HBK comes to the ring, starts tuning up the Sweet Chin Music, but then BAM! - hits Vince with it instead of Bret. (Someone else on WSI actually mentioned that scenario, but it got me to thinking about the next part)

Bret wins the match, Vince goes on Raw the next night and screams that he's holding HBK to his contract. Refuses to let him retire, and keeps making his life miserable.

Sure, it's all been done before with small changes in the storyline, but it would be effective and keep Michaels around despite the loss to Taker.

I'd like it.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
I mentioned a possible way for HBK to lose to Taker and still stick around:

During the Vince/Bret match, HBK comes to the ring, starts tuning up the Sweet Chin Music, but then BAM! - hits Vince with it instead of Bret. (Someone else on WSI actually mentioned that scenario, but it got me to thinking about the next part)

Bret wins the match, Vince goes on Raw the next night and screams that he's holding HBK to his contract. Refuses to let him retire, and keeps making his life miserable.

Sure, it's all been done before with small changes in the storyline, but it would be effective and keep Michaels around despite the loss to Taker.

I'd like it.

Either way, you could have HBK leaving the WWE with or without a win at mania.. it just doesn't make any sense to me to end the streak, and I am fairly certain that Vince feels the same..

And when you look at it, he may be known as Mr. Wrestlemania but that's mainly for the show he puts on, HBK has a losing record at manias and more times than not, hes the one on the short end of big mania matches..

How do you think Wrestlemania 26 will shake out?

The Streak vs. The Career

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

I can see either man winning this match & as long as it's good. I don't really care.

No Holds Barred Match

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

Bret wins, I'm sure there'll be interference of some sort, but Bret wins.

WWE Championship Match

Batista © vs. John Cena

Cena wins, but it should be Batista. I would book this feud the same way Tommy Dreamer/Raven was booked in ECW. Batista plays this role way better than I thought he would.

World Championship Match

Chris Jericho © vs. Edge

Edge wins the title & hopefully he doesn't get hurt again so he can finally get his extended title run.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Kane, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, MVP, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Matt Hardy, Drew McIntyre

Drew McIntyre. He's the only one with some kind of push in this match.

United Tag Team Championship Match

Big Show and The Miz © vs. John Morrison and R-Truth

ShowMiz over the tag team with awkward chemistry. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Morrison heel turn for some reason.

Triple H vs. Sheamus

I'm gonna Sheamus.

Triple Threat Match

DiBiase & Rhodes have their falling out & Orton wins the match in the process.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk

CM Punk wins, extending the feud a bit. But I would of also taken another approach with this feud. Would of booked it like Sandman/Raven from the early ECW days. Especially since they got Rey's family involved a bit.

10-Diva Tag Team Match

Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs. Michelle McCool, Maryse, Layla, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero

Don't care. Just as long as they look good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Kinda excited. Ross just tweeted that Shawn/Taker will be last. Nice!

Thank god, I have to work so im prolly not gonna get back till around 9 or so and I should be able to catch this before watching the whole thing..

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)

Hopefully he'll be the first MITB winner NOT to win a title from it. I don't see the point in pushing him. He's not good.

It doesn't sit well with me when a guy wins who didn't even do anything in the match. Evan Bourne stole the show. Swagger is ok. Nothing special.