Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
They're already on the way to that. This storyline has no consistency.

Yeah, what was up with that horribly boring promo? Who cares about the ending? I was already asleep by that time.

NeXT!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing that's going to kill the NXT angle (IMO, of course) is that none of them other than Wade Barrett is even mildly interesting. The thing that's interesting about them now is the gang attacks, and that will get boring soon. Once it does, they're going to have to try to highlight individual NXTers, and that will be baaaaaaaaaaad.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
The thing that's going to kill the NXT angle (IMO, of course) is that none of them other than Wade Barrett is even mildly interesting. The thing that's interesting about them now is the gang attacks, and that will get boring soon. Once it does, they're going to have to try to highlight individual NXTers, and that will be baaaaaaaaaaad.

I love Wade Barrett, I think he has the look..

I also like Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, and Heath Slater in terms of people ide actually care to see do something in the future..

Darren Young has got to go, and I just don't care for how Skip Sheffield looks..

I agree completely with this quote from Chris Jericho (taken from an interview he did with Brian Fritz of fanhouse.com)

Q. What’s your thoughts about the Bryan Danielson situation because that’s really blown up of him getting released?

A. I think he got caught in a crossfire. I think he was the scapegoat for somebody getting angry at the choke thing. Obviously, that’s been a hot button topic for years. I don’t think he did it maliciously. I don’t think Vince (McMahon) fired him maliciously. I think it was one of those things where hands were tied and somebody got angry from somewhere and they had to make a knee jerk decision to do that. I think it hurts the NXT group because it’s great right now when you have seven animals ganging up on one guy. That’s a great visual but when it comes down, at some point they’re going to have to wrestle. At some point, somebody’s going to have to wrestle. And Wade Barrett is good but Danielson was the gem and could go out there and have five star matches with anybody. And they don’t have that right now. That’s the one thing I think is a little bit of a weak link in the NXT chain is the fact that they don’t have that. So losing Bryan is going to be, it’s going to be a blow. Hopefully, they’ll bring him back at some point because he’s a great guy and a great talent. I worked with him for about six minutes on the first NXT but it was a great match and I would love to work with him more and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
Did anyone catch the premiere of Downfall? It's a game show on ABC hosted by Chris Jericho. I stumbled upon it last night and never heard of it before that.

Let's just say it won't last the season.

If the producer was smart, they would have Jericho play his heel persona on it.

"You lose! You gelatinous sicophant!"

Lying requires thought, Sid - just be honest and tell them you had a softball game, LOL:

- Sid Vicious was scheduled to wrestle for Dreamwave Wrestling on June 5th in LaSalle, Illinois but did not show up. The promoters got word that morning that Sid didn’t board his flight and spent all day trying to get in touch with him. Sid finally called them back and said that when he got to the airport, he forgot to bring his passport so they wouldn’t let him board the flight. Keep in mind Sid was flying from Memphis, TN to Chicago, IL. For those who haven’t figured it out yet, you don’t need a passport to fly within the country.

:lolhitting

Sidiot

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
Oh geez. Wade Barrett's VISA expired and had to go back to England. They don't know when/if it will be resolved. What started out awesome is turning into a disaster.

Yeah, I guess Drew McIntyre is going through a similar thing, but he's still in the States and may return sooner because he's married to Tiffany, a US citizen.

If Michael Cole turns out to be the "anonymous GM", the angle is officially s***.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
Update:

McIntyre was seen in Scotland, and creative has been told not to expect him or Barrett until after SummerSlam.

That's what I was afraid of. Same thing happened to ANgelina Love in TNA and it took her a couple of months to get back.

Lords of Pain reporting some good news for the Nexus:

- The situation with Wade Barrett’s work visa is said to be not as serious as it’s been made out to be. Apparently everyone knew the situation was coming as Barrett had been talking about it for weeks. He is expected to be back in the country as early as today and back on WWE TV as early as this coming week. There is still no word on Drew McIntyre’s return but it’s believed that he may be out for a bit longer.

Bad news about Rick Steamboat:

WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat remains hospitalized in Tampa after suffering a brain aneurysm on Wednesday night, according to Dave Meltzer of WrestlingObserver.com. His condition has been upgraded to stable.

Powell's POV: That's a lot more serious than the WWE website report seemed to suggest earlier today when they said he went to the hospital with neck and shoulder pain. WWE has been quick to point out that his condition is likely unrelated to the "stunt" that he performed with The Nexus during Monday's WWE Raw.

This original source for the above news was Dave Meltzer of WrestlingObserver.com.

Get well soon, Dragon!

Didn't know if it was unrelated to his bumps or not. Glad it is not, but if God forbid something happens, the media will be all over it.

He wrestled with his son at FCW a few weeks ago and still had it.

Taz seems to have finally graduated TNA's "How To Bludgeon Viewers With Obvious Facts" announcing course.

I kind of got the point that tonight's referee is the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, Rob Van Dam, well before the 67th time he told me.

They are rarely using Velvet these days. She was on last week but before that she wasn't on for 3 weeks and nothing again this week. Lame

IMG_1232_650.jpg

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
They are rarely using Velvet these days. She was on last week but before that she wasn't on for 3 weeks and nothing again this week. Lame

IMG_1232_650.jpg

I read that they're planning to have Velvet turn on Madison at the PPV and re-form the original Beautiful People.

Not sure what that means for Lacey - I may have to console her..... :D