Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 03:54 AM)
Daniel Bryan returned

Im not gonna lie, going into the PPV I pretty much chalked the Nexus Vs WWE match as one that I wouldn't have any interest in but it was a pretty damn good match outside of the finish..

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
That was the first PPV I've seen in well over a year, and what a shocking ending. John Cena overcomes massive odds to win the main event of the night?! Don't see that too often.

That's what I like about The E - they always keep you guessing!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
That was the first PPV I've seen in well over a year, and what a shocking ending. John Cena overcomes massive odds to win the main event of the night?! Don't see that too often.

Yes nothing like seeing him take a DDT onto the concrete and then immediately move out of the way of the 450, and super cena for a pin.. then literally 5 seconds later submit Wade Barrett..

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
See Matt Hardy in '05. Sure Danielson can take indy bookings, but he'll be back.

I wouldn't put it past this to be all planned out by the WWE. Vince is always trying to out think smarks.

I'm not saying that I'm totally in the "it's a work" boat, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it is one.

Not to say I told ya so...

Either way last night's PPV was subpar.

Raw was decent tonight, good to see them give the Nexus some momentum after losing at the PPV. Even if the finishes were all s***. (minus Barrett/Jericho & the tag match.)

Night of Champions title match spoiler:

6-Pack Challenge: Sheamus, Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho & Barrett.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Netflixed the documentary disc of "The Rise and Fall of WCW". Really well made. The old footage makes me sad cuz things felt so legit and even the worst shows and matches, you were into.

If it's the doc. that I remember, it didn't get near enough time IMO. I think the ECW doc. was longer actually.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
If it's the doc. that I remember, it didn't get near enough time IMO. I think the ECW doc. was longer actually.

I'm 40 minutes into it and they just got to NWA switching to WCW. Does the rest go by faster?

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I'm 40 minutes into it and they just got to NWA switching to WCW. Does the rest go by faster?

IIRC, it speeds through once it gets to the Hogan/Bischoff era.

IMO, things were just kinda biased at that point in the documentary instead of having an unbiased view.

There's a book about the rise & fall of WCW that I've been meaning to buy for some time now. I hear that covers things a little better.

Just talked to my buddy down in FCW for the first time in awhile. He was telling me that in the training sessions he is having practice matches with all the NXT guys, meeting Divas at the gym, and close to getting a contract hopefully.

- Serena released for "not living up her gimmick" I guess cutting all your hair isn't good enough.

- Skip Sheffield injures his leg at a house show; out for a few months

- Sources say they don't expect the Nexus to last past October.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
- Serena released for "not living up her gimmick" I guess cutting all your hair isn't good enough.

Ha. Serena over played the gimic most of the time.

If they don't last past October, they better start building guys into individual feuds so they don't fade out when they break up. Oh wait, It's the E we are talking about with their writers who don't know what wrestling is.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)

Rumor is she likey the drinky.

Nexus could easily fade away when the stable is broken up, as far as I'm concerned. Barrett's the only one I give half a crap about anyway.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
Rumor is she likey the drinky.

Nexus could easily fade away when the stable is broken up, as far as I'm concerned. Barrett's the only one I give half a crap about anyway.

Same, but Sheffield's grown on me.

If you stick him w/ someone who's good on the mic, the guy could be very successful.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
Same, but Sheffield's grown on me.

If you stick him w/ someone who's good on the mic, the guy could be very successful.

It just astounds me that WWE has done away with managers when they are so in love with HOSSES who can barely speak.