• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really surprising news, but very sad nonetheless:

[courtesy Lords of Pain]

Lanny Poffo reported on his Poetry in Motion podcast Wednesday that WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has been in and out of a coma at a Tampa, Florida hospital and isn't doing good at all. Poffo added that Heenan wasn't aware of anything and has been unconscious

Okay, now this is getting weird - could Poffo be lying to have something to talk about on his podcast??

That's pretty f***ed up if he is lying about something like that:

Lanny Poffo, brother of Randy Savage, said on the Who's Slamming Who podcast this week that he heard from a friend that Bobby Heenan is in very poor health, noting that he "might be on his last legs." However, Great Lakes Championship Wrestling promoter David Herro wrote on Twitter that he heard from the wife of the WWE Hall of Famer, who said that Bobby is not hospitalized.

Herro wrote, "Just spoke with Cindy Heenan the lovely wife of "The Brain", Bobby is NOT in a coma & is not in the hospital. He's home resting his hip."

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 03:42 AM)
The good news - Miz is the WWE Champion.

The bad news - they book him to be saved by MICHAEL COLE to prevent him losing the WWE title to JERRY LAWLER.

Ugh. Talk about a weak heel champ...

I was thinking that maybe was a bone being thrown to Lawler for his birthday..

Also, they ALWAYS make their heel champs look weak

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
The good news - Miz is the WWE Champion.

The bad news - they book him to be saved by MICHAEL COLE to prevent him losing the WWE title to JERRY LAWLER.

Ugh. Talk about a weak heel champ...

TOTALLY 100% AGREE - and it was a terrible match as well.....

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 03:53 AM)
I read on LoP that the Lawler/Miz match was booked specifically to establish Miz as a champ who fans can believe "can be beaten at any time". By has-beens?? Good thinking, Vince.

That makes sense in one particular way. That's if they give him an extended title run. If the fans really think he can be beaten and lose the title at any time, they'll tune in in greater numbers to see the belt change hands.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Don't thank "Him" yet - Juan Cena was back in action this weekend at a house show.

It seems maybe Juan will do the house shows, but not the televised Raws?

That's been the plan. Since "John" cannot wrestle on the shows they can still advertise "Juan" as wrestling on the shows and of course people know what the deal is.

I think they don't wanna do the Juan thing on tv because they are going to fly through this story line where Wade has to allow him back in the company to wrestle.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the PPV last night. It was pretty decent. My power went out during the TLC match for about 40 minutes. It came back on when Cena ran his shoulder into a chair and then completely dominated Wade Barrett. If there ever was a burial, it was last night. The chair thing was stupid though considering Barrett had been covered. The FU on the chairs had to hurt though.

So where do they go with Barrett now after they made Super Ninja Samarai Level Infinity beat him last night? That whole storyline served no purpose whatsoever.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Ordered the PPV last night. It was pretty decent. My power went out during the TLC match for about 40 minutes. It came back on when Cena ran his shoulder into a chair and then completely dominated Wade Barrett. If there ever was a burial, it was last night. The chair thing was stupid though considering Barrett had been covered. The FU on the chairs had to hurt though.

So where do they go with Barrett now after they made Super Ninja Samarai Level Infinity beat him last night? That whole storyline served no purpose whatsoever.

Yeah I didn't get it.. it was pretty much a squash match

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Was Nexus even on Raw last night? Lame

No, and they made a big deal out of Raw being "Nexus-free".

I read that Nexus is being moved to Smackdown. I don't get why you'd squash the leader and then immediately move them off the show.

What happens now with them? Do they continue the Barrett/Otunga friction on Smackdown, or do they start over with Nexus picking a Smackdown guy to target?

It's odd booking to move them to SD right now, if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
That would be a women's match well worth watching.

Put the belt on Beth than bring in Kong and have her destroy every other woman. Leave em laying. Lead up to a Kong vs. Beth stare down. Than match. That easy.