Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
what do you guys think about CM Punk as the new Nexus leader?

Keeps the younger guys on TV. I'm cool with it. But at some point, these guys have to be tired of following, right? Hope they make it work so they can build those guys up to be more than lackeys. Like put them in their own feuds or something.

I only like it if they let them destroy everyone in sight for a while. IMO it would weaken Punk and Nexus if the program only lasts a couple PPVs.

I'd have Punk win the belt while leading Nexus, have Barrett turn face (seems they want to do this anyway) and eventually Barrett or Cena wins the belt.

Maybe at WrestleMania?

If done correctly, it can elevate Punk to main event status. If botched, it can hurt him as a solo performer and Nexus as a group.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 07:09 PM)
I only like it if they let them destroy everyone in sight for a while. IMO it would weaken Punk and Nexus if the program only lasts a couple PPVs.

I'd have Punk win the belt while leading Nexus, have Barrett turn face (seems they want to do this anyway) and eventually Barrett or Cena wins the belt.

Maybe at WrestleMania?

If done correctly, it can elevate Punk to main event status. If botched, it can hurt him as a solo performer and Nexus as a group.

This all the way. They need to use this to elevate CM Punk and Nexus. They've made Nexus seem like bums enough already. Punk becomes champ. Make Slater and Gabriel have beef with all tag teams and take them out, have Otunga win a belt. No one takes them seriously because they beat guys down but lose every PPV.

In the end though, they're going to waste this like they did with the original Nexus. Punk will win a match or two, Cena will bury him, Wade will probably help him, and half of Nexus will be in TNA. WWE had a chance to make this their nWo and they blew it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Miz vs Morrison was really good tonight.

I like Orton but in his short range, Miz is the most interesting champion the WWE has had in awhile.

Miz has been great as champ, and I hope Vince sees that and lets him hang onto it for a while.

I really don't need an Orton reign any time soon, and Orton doesn't need the title to get over.

However, I could do without seeing Alex Riley on my TV ever, but I understand why he's there.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
Miz has been great as champ, and I hope Vince sees that and lets him hang onto it for a while.

I really don't need an Orton reign any time soon, and Orton doesn't need the title to get over.

However, I could do without seeing Alex Riley on my TV ever, but I understand why he's there.

Yeah I am really enjoying the Miz right now

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Miz vs Morrison was really good tonight.

I like Orton but in his short range, Miz is the most interesting champion the WWE has had in awhile.

Definitely a good match. It was PPV quality. WWE seems backwards though. Why have Morrizon win #1 contender's match on PPV, to only have the championship match on cable tv.

And the WWE really messed up with Nexus. Should've had Punk help Barrett. That would've been 20 times more interesting. Now Wade will turn into a face on Smackdown. We need the originaly Nexus back. Tarver, Skip, all of them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2011 -> 04:54 AM)
HBK was introduced as first member of Hall of Fame. Too soon. Should of hyped it for like Mania 30 or something.

too soon? hes a hall of famer day 1, I dont have a problem with it

My buddy down in FCW is having a meeting with John Lauranitis next week about getting a contract or not. He is really nervous but all the trainers down there and talent have his back and are shocked he doesn't have one yet. Hope it works out for him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Heard he is a nice guy but Batista was more skilled in the ring.

eventually he was, Batista wasn't all that great when he first showed up.. hopefully this guy works out though I like his look and I like the way Nexus is going..

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 27, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
Once upon a time, Ric Flair was arguably the best talker in wrestling.

In 2011 he's one of the worst. Sad is what it is.

haha yeah I heard he snapped recently and left the TNA tour

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
haha yeah I heard he snapped recently and left the TNA tour

Yeah, from what I read he demanded a pay advance, was denied, refused to get on the bus or plane (I read two reports, can't remember which was the latest one) in Ireland and was left behind.

He did catch up with them and apologized, so he's back on the tour.

Yep safe to say the Jet Flying, Limousine Riding son of a gun has lived that lifestyle a bit too much. WOOOOOOO.

Hope Del Rio wins the Rumble, and that leads to an Edge vs Del Rio WM main event.

Barrett vs Undertaker seems certain to happen as well.