Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 07:04 AM)
Yep safe to say the Jet Flying, Limousine Riding son of a gun has lived that lifestyle a bit too much. WOOOOOOO.

Hope Del Rio wins the Rumble, and that leads to an Edge vs Del Rio WM main event.

Barrett vs Undertaker seems certain to happen as well.

Yep, that Ex-wife Havin', Alimony Payin', 401K Blowin', Money Needin' son of a gun needs to check himself so he can keep his job.

I think Del Rio vs Edge is a good bet - I don't think it's Ziggler's time yet.

I hate to say it, but I hope Taker's done after he reaches 20-0 at Mania. It's getting sad to see him struggling and taking tons of time off to heal up.

I hope Miz retains, but I have a bad feeling.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This years WM is going to be very lackluster. Like a rebuilding year. I hope they save Cena vs. Punk for it but I doubt it.

Barrett vs. Taker would kind of be interesting because Barrett is the type of guy that could end the streak and get the rub from it. That is up to Taker and I know he is a fan of Barrett's. Who knows.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
I have no idea who Del Rio is.

He is a latino guy, obviously, that they are pushing pretty hard. He is actually pretty good in the ring but his gimic isn't anything new.

My buddy down in FCW is coming home. They are not renewing his deal. I just got off the phone with him and he was telling me all this stuff they are doing in the company over the next few years that could kill the wrestling business if TNA doesn't pick it up. I'll post later when I get to my computer.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
He is a latino guy, obviously, that they are pushing pretty hard. He is actually pretty good in the ring but his gimic isn't anything new.

Not anything new, but it's so well done.

Huge fan of the gimmick, I hope he wins.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
My buddy down in FCW is coming home. They are not renewing his deal. I just got off the phone with him and he was telling me all this stuff they are doing in the company over the next few years that could kill the wrestling business if TNA doesn't pick it up. I'll post later when I get to my computer.

well?

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
well?

Basically you will never see the word WRESTLING in the company again. WWE will soon stand for World Wide Entertainment. WWE for the wrestling shows will just be like a word and won't mean anything.

Announcers won't be referring to moves at all just characters and storylines and the real kicker WrestleMania XXX, the event from then on will be known just as MANIA. Or that is what is planned. Raw and SD will have even less wreslting than they already do. When he was telling me this stuff I was just shaking my head.

I guess when they met with him, they asked what his goals were and he said he wanted to be a wrestler for a living and stuff and they through the old "We aren't wrestling anymore, we're entertainment."

Which makes me ask, why sign guys like Danielsen and Black who are great wrestlers but don't have the look they are asking for.

Unless TNA and ROH can grow, I can't see wrestling becoming anything more and could die in ten years. Maybe just me.

My buddy is driving back next week and taking some time off than going to work for Cornette who is running OVW and maybe get on ROH shows and see what happens. All the WWE trainers went to bat for him but Johnny Ace denied him anything else further with the company.

Hmmm;

Kevin Nash IS confirmed to return to the WWE tomorrow night as a surprise entrant into the Royal Rumble. Additionally, according to one source close to Nash, he has died his hair jet black again which is leading to speculation that he may be using his "Diesel" gimmick again. However, that is not confirmed at this point.

Furthermore, sources within TNA told us today that Kevin Nash did in fact sign a new contract to return to their company earlier this month, but he backed out of the deal as recently as this past week. Some sites are reporting that Nash reneged on the deal due to his belief that TNA office members leaked the story to the media and Nash was unhappy about it. Others are saying it was simply because WWE finally made him any offer.

We have not confirmed at this point whether Kevin Nash's appearance at the Rumble is a one-shot deal or whether this is the start of a long-term agreement between both parties.

Either way, expect Kevin Nash (ala Diesel potentially) to return to the WWE tomorrow night on pay per view. That is, unless Vince McMahon nixes these plans simply because the "dirt sheets" spoiled the surprise.

We recently reported that along with Kevin Nash, Booker T was rumored for this year's Royal Rumble as well. WrestleZone.com can now confirm plans for former WWE and TNA superstar, Booker T, to be another surprise entry into the Rumble. Booker recently cleared bookings he had scheduled this weekend which just added to the speculation that he was WWE bound. We now know that the scheduled plan is for Booker to be another one of the surprise entrants into the Rumble.

If Booker T and Kevin Nash are both in the Royal Rumble tomorrow night, that takes the final count to 36 filled slots out of the 40 available. Triple H is the superstar with the most speculation surrounding his inevitable return to WWE television, but that has yet to be confirmed at this point.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
I always order the Rumble and Mania every, even if like this year, I'm not all that excited about it.

I hope the show surprises you and is an enjoyable card, but yeah, it's pretty lackluster this year.

I've seen reports online confirming Nash and Booker to be there - Vince throws a wrench in TNA's MEM plans, it seems. If Vince can convince Sting to finally jump, who the hell is left for the MEM? Angle, Steiner, maybe Lashley and that Crimson guy?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
Basically you will never see the word WRESTLING in the company again. WWE will soon stand for World Wide Entertainment. WWE for the wrestling shows will just be like a word and won't mean anything.

Announcers won't be referring to moves at all just characters and storylines and the real kicker WrestleMania XXX, the event from then on will be known just as MANIA. Or that is what is planned. Raw and SD will have even less wreslting than they already do. When he was telling me this stuff I was just shaking my head.

I guess when they met with him, they asked what his goals were and he said he wanted to be a wrestler for a living and stuff and they through the old "We aren't wrestling anymore, we're entertainment."

Which makes me ask, why sign guys like Danielsen and Black who are great wrestlers but don't have the look they are asking for.

Unless TNA and ROH can grow, I can't see wrestling becoming anything more and could die in ten years. Maybe just me.

That's highly depressing to hear. ROH losing their deal on HDNet doesn't help matters either. Stuff like this is why I haven't sat down & watched a full episode of any show in a few months.

Oh, about those spoilers earlier......

The two title matches were good. The worst thing wwe could do right now is take the title off Miz and break up him and Riley. They work really well together.

That said, I expect both to happen by mania.

I was pleased with the PPV..

Miz retained, Edge retained, and the RR win went to someone who needed it instead of a Cena, Orton, etc..

The rumble should be for people like Del Rio to win, as much as I would have been amped to see HHH return theres no reason for him to win the rumble, much less someone thats already been established..

I liked the PPV

I liked the two main title matches, but the womens match was a cluster. Let's make it a 4 way but instead of one of the girls who can actually wrestle, like Beth or Melina, keys throw Eve who gets the reception as loud as a fart in church, and give her the belt. Ugh

Rumble was boring. Punk and Bryan were there fir awhile but barely anyone else had a long stay or anything memorable. The Booker and Nash pops were actually kind of cool.

Too early for Del Rio to be main eventing Mania. I was hoping for Barrett and instead of choosing a title match at mania, choose Taker.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
That Orton match was incredibly boring in person. A guy I didn't know of before won the Rumble lol. Booker T's pop was huge, one of the biggest I've ever seen.

really? Watching the PPV it seemed Nash had a bigger pop. I believe you since you were there obviously, it just seemed to me that the whole crowd went nuts when the engine revved up

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
really? Watching the PPV it seemed Nash had a bigger pop. I believe you since you were there obviously, it just seemed to me that the whole crowd went nuts when the engine revved up

thats the feeling I got too, as soon as his music hit it sounded like that place exploded

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)

No, I would definitely say Booker T's pop was substantially better, and then he followed it up with all of his signature moves.

I was surprised how good Booker and Nash looked physicality wise. Both jacked up.

I think I would of liked Del Rio winning more if he was in there more than 5 minutes. Should of had him in there at number 18 or so and stay in for like 30 minutes.