Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
Hard to believe this angle, but I suppose I could see Vince's cash winning out.

I don't want ROH to melt into The E because "creative" will f*** it up like they always do and then ROH will be dead. I want ROH to build into a real threat to The E, because TNA sure as hell never will.

I hope they do a short-term cross-promotional angle, but ROH needs to stay independent.

aside from colt cabana, most of these guys are wwe property anyways arent they?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
aside from colt cabana, most of these guys are wwe property anyways arent they?

yup, i was just about to say that, i know they just signed Hero and Claudio like a week ago...maybe theyll put danielson in there too with all the talk he had about being an indy wrestler for so long

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Is RoH on TV anymore? I don't see that angle getting over. It has it's audience but not nearly as popular as ECW was when they did that.

I think it could get over based on CM Punks promo alone. People want to see what he is going to do now, the E needs to capitalize on that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
I think it could get over based on CM Punks promo alone. People want to see what he is going to do now, the E needs to capitalize on that.

For an angle like that to get over, you would need to get the other guys over and give them chances to be their own talent like RVD was with ECW.

They need to give Danielsen serious mic time. The guy is intense and can give almost as good as promos as Punk.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Is RoH on TV anymore? I don't see that angle getting over. It has it's audience but not nearly as popular as ECW was when they did that.

ROH has a syndicated show coming up in September. The way I'd do the angle wouldn't showcase ROH as a whole, but would have WWE guys run in on Punk's "WWE title defenses" in ROH, with The E showing fan-cam videos of the attempts by WWE guys to steal the belt back for Vince. I think it could work, but it wouldn't work without ROH's involvement. Using former ROH guys in the E without using ROH would be ridiculous.

So, I dont think this is too far fetched...

CM Punk beats Cena at MITB

MITB is cashed in immediately

CM Punk loses to (winner MITB)

Cena is then not fired since Punk did not leave with the title

And then naturally, Cena wins the title back on Raw the next day

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)

That will not go over well in Chicago. I would like to see someone cash it in right away and lose and Punk still "leaves" with it.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)

If SuperCena is not taking time off to heal some lingering injuries or make another unwatchable movie, I can see Vince doing this...and messing up another opportunity for a good storyline.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
If SuperCena is not taking time off to heal some lingering injuries or make another unwatchable movie, I can see Vince doing this...and messing up another opportunity for a good storyline.

Yep. He botched that Nexxus storyline big time. I don't even remember the last time Cena lost clean. All I know, is that I'm going to be upset after watching the PPV. It's almost a guarantee.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
Yep. He botched that Nexxus storyline big time. I don't even remember the last time Cena lost clean. All I know, is that I'm going to be upset after watching the PPV. It's almost a guarantee.

Didn't Punk beat him clean on Raw a few weeks ago?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Didn't Punk beat him clean on Raw a few weeks ago?

Maybe. I haven't watched Raw for the most part in 2 months. Before that loss though, when was the last time he lost clean? Heck, when was the last time he lost the title clean? Or when was the last time he lost at a PPV clean?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
Maybe. I haven't watched Raw for the most part in 2 months. Before that loss though, when was the last time he lost clean? Heck, when was the last time he lost the title clean? Or when was the last time he lost at a PPV clean?

With it being more entertainment and less wrestling, the uber face will never lose clean. Wouldn't make sense in storytelling in Vince's eyes. Sucks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 06:06 PM)
With it being more entertainment and less wrestling, the uber face will never lose clean. Wouldn't make sense in storytelling in Vince's eyes. Sucks.

Where you sitting next Sunday?

Another scenario (which I probably should have thought of immediately) came to mind when they said again "if Punk leaves Chicago with the title, Cena is fired". Since Vince calls the belt "the title" Punk can lose, steal the belt and Cena will be "fired". That's so obvious, I feel dumb for it taking so long to come to me.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hate Cena.

Cena was pretty solid tonight. Still too damn corny in the last segment but thankfully Punk cut him off and was masterful again on the mic. The Red Sox-Yankees comparison was so on the money and so f***in awesome.

Loved the ice cream bars reference too. They really do need to bring those back.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
Cena was pretty solid tonight. Still too damn corny in the last segment but thankfully Punk cut him off and was masterful again on the mic. The Red Sox-Yankees comparison was so on the money and so f***in awesome.

Loved the ice cream bars reference too. They really do need to bring those back.

How did you see it if you had no power? Everyone around our subdivision seems to have power. Of course we still don't.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 06:27 AM)
How did you see it if you had no power? Everyone around our subdivision seems to have power. Of course we still don't.

My mom and I ended up going to my grandmas last night so we could at least watch tv. When we got back at about 11 our power was back on though. If you can, PM me the site I need to go to, gracias.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
That will not go over well in Chicago. I would like to see someone cash it in right away and lose and Punk still "leaves" with it.

Since when has Vince let someone have all the glory in their hometown?

I wouldn't mind seeing an angle where Punk wins, leaves for a few weeks. Cena also actually leaves for a while. You set up a tourney for a new champ, then have Punk come back & do the whole "real world champ" angle they did with Flair in the early 90s.

Or have Vince get involved somehow, either screwing Cena or Punk. A heel Cena would be an interesting twist.

Either way, I wish I didn't have to work because I'd defintely be in the building this Sunday.

I like the Real World Champ idea for the angle.

If Punk re-signs, can he really take time off? He is hot and uber over right now. Don't want to risk him fading out with time out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
one thing is for damn sure, Punk is going to OWN the allstate arena next week

Got my tickets today, looking forward to that last match as much as any match I've attended live. I do love the references to Punk riding down on the side of Cena's car back in 2006 at WM.