Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
The two guys that are going to get a huge reaction right now where ever they're at, are Cena and Punk. Cena is the most over guy in the company(crowd is loud for him, whether boo's or cheers, mostly boo's now a days) and Punk gets a big face pop pretty everywhere. And ya, you'll have to watch Punk's full body of work and you'll be a fan, it's kind of hard not to be. He was a guy that had a huge online following but wasn't one of the E's biggest stars, then last year happened. Kev gave you a background there but the Summer of Punk was literally the best thing that happened in wrestling in years, it was awesome.

Besides Punk and Cena, Sheamus(though he bores the hell out of me) is extremely over as a face, and besides him the guys that probably get the biggest face reactions at this point are "goofballs" like Santino and Ryder.

As for heels, I feel like it depends on the day, besides Vicky Guerrero, a lot of heels get a face reaction at this point.

unrivaled heat magnet

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And ya, I don't care for Taker of HHH at this point but I thought the HIAC was pretty awesome. The superkick into the pedigree was pretty freaking cool, I didn't see that coming whatsoever and it was executed extremely smooth. HBK is still great.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
That was awesome tonight. One of the better Raw crowds I've ever seen. I still don't get why Rock beat Cena, and THEN Brock goes after the person who lost the night before. Oh well, just great to see the big guy return.

He went after the guy who was getting booed out of the building, and got an insane pop because of it.

It will be interesting to see what kind of program they put Brock on, he is getting the superstar treatment and schedule, so he wont be a weekly appearance

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 08:01 AM)
He went after the guy who was getting booed out of the building, and got an insane pop because of it.

It will be interesting to see what kind of program they put Brock on, he is getting the superstar treatment and schedule, so he wont be a weekly appearance

I read he will be on all TV and PPV. No house shows. Good deal. Hard to believe its been 8 years.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 08:21 AM)
I read he will be on all TV and PPV. No house shows. Good deal. Hard to believe its been 8 years.

i remember watching the Mania when him and Goldberg walked after their match. The crowd was giving it to them bigtime, Lesnar was obviously pissed about it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
i remember watching the Mania when him and Goldberg walked after their match. The crowd was giving it to them bigtime, Lesnar was obviously pissed about it

Wish Brock went over now

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 05:18 PM)
From what I saw Brock will only make 38 or so appearances and have a flexible schedule. On another note man that crowd was insane.

Thats about 2 raws a month and the PPV's. I'm completely fine with that.

ALso means Brock can do a program with Cena, maybe go off TV for a month and build towards big PPVs. If this angle started on Monday, culminates with Brock/Cena at SummerSlam, if they choose to hold off that long and do a nice build, I'm all for it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
How good is that for mania? I don't know about those numbers.

How is TNA still around?

I don't have numbers to compare it to, but from all accounts WWE is thrilled with that number.

TNA is a pet project for Dixie Carter - her dad owns an energy company and he's just now getting sick of the red ink. I guess they do fairly well overseas, and I've read that the Spike contract earns them enough to sort of stay afloat.