Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
I miss when the Intercontinental Championship meant something. It used to be the second-highest achievement in wrestling. Now it's basically the TV or European title.

One of the unintended side effects of the WCW invasion angle was the percieved worth of each belt. I agree, the IC champ used to be a big deal, now it is Heavyweight/World title or nothing. The tag belts are a complete joke

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
One of the unintended side effects of the WCW invasion angle was the percieved worth of each belt. I agree, the IC champ used to be a big deal, now it is Heavyweight/World title or nothing. The tag belts are a complete joke

Yes, the tag team division is another thing I miss. It seems like they're bringing that back a little, though.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
Yes, the tag team division is another thing I miss. It seems like they're bringing that back a little, though.

I will believe it when I see it. I thought they were on the right track with Golddust and Cody, but when they dropped to NAO I was really disappointed. Good that the Uso's have it, but they need a awesome tag team in there that draws pop or heat

Usos are good but there are 0 heel tag teams worth fighting. I don't know why Harper and Rowan don't compete in the division. Goldust and Cody are awesome. Goldust is somehow at his best ever but they are complete baby faces so feuding with the Usos makes no sense.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
I will believe it when I see it. I thought they were on the right track with Golddust and Cody, but when they dropped to NAO I was really disappointed. Good that the Uso's have it, but they need a awesome tag team in there that draws pop or heat

Real Americans should have been that good heel team, but the fans love Cesaro too much....It's kinda hard to get heat now a days, seems like the only way to get heat is to be a boring wrestler. Wyatts should be getting heat but they're just too awesome to hate. I'm sure the Ascension will end up in that same category as a team pushed as heels who will ultimately end up being loved by most fans.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
Real Americans should have been that good heel team, but the fans love Cesaro too much....It's kinda hard to get heat now a days, seems like the only way to get heat is to be a boring wrestler. Wyatts should be getting heat but they're just too awesome to hate. I'm sure the Ascension will end up in that same category as a team pushed as heels who will ultimately end up being loved by most fans.

I think people love Cesaro too much and Swagger is just too meh. Talk is to keep Ambrose and Rollins together as a tag team after the Shield disbands, they could potentially be a big heat magnet

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
I think people love Cesaro too much and Swagger is just too meh. Talk is to keep Ambrose and Rollins together as a tag team after the Shield disbands, they could potentially be a big heat magnet

D-von is already gone from TNA, but I think Bubba re-upped, if they were looking to have a team to draw heat that would have been the perfect fit.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
D-von is already gone from TNA, but I think Bubba re-upped, if they were looking to have a team to draw heat that would have been the perfect fit.

i think the Dudleys would be way over to come in as heels right off the bat. The crowd would love those two

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:09 PM)
Unify the ic and us title and just have whomever has the belt actually defend it. Ambrose has had US Title 9 months and has defended it a handful of times it feels.

Ya, ideally we see Ambrose v Big E and Harper/Rowan v Rollins/Reigns at WM. Where did you guys hear the Kane/NAO vs Shield rumors?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
i think the Dudleys would be way over to come in as heels right off the bat. The crowd would love those two

You underestimate Bubba's mic work, he would be limited in the new era of WWE, but seeing it in person many times, that guy can flat out turn a crowd.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
You underestimate Bubba's mic work, he would be limited in the new era of WWE, but seeing it in person many times, that guy can flat out turn a crowd.

I'd love to see Bully in WWE as a singles heel.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)

Yea, I suppose he could.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
That was all sorts of awesome....I'm starting to like Rollins more than Reigns now. Both have huge potential if used correctly.

They're just the perfect group. Rollins has definitely been unbelievable as of late.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
That was all sorts of awesome....I'm starting to like Rollins more than Reigns now. Both have huge potential if used correctly.

Ambrose is the only one I'm not really a fan of. His promos are good but he is so dull in the ring to me. I know, I know, I shouldve seen him in ROHCZWXtreme Wrestling but in WWE, he doesn't do much for me.

I'm glad they Mania card looks strong without Punk. The more he is gone, the more it pisses me off. 6 months left on a deal and he walks and gives up money. Just dumb.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 05:44 AM)
Ambrose is the only one I'm not really a fan of. His promos are good but he is so dull in the ring to me. I know, I know, I shouldve seen him in ROHCZWXtreme Wrestling but in WWE, he doesn't do much for me.

I'm glad they Mania card looks strong without Punk. The more he is gone, the more it pisses me off. 6 months left on a deal and he walks and gives up money. Just dumb.

That's why they're such a good group though, they mask each other's weaknesses. Ambrose can be the mouth piece, Rollins can do all the heavy lifting in the ring and Reigns can come in and destroy people with his signature moves. They just work perfectly together.

The way I understand the Punk situation is he actually did all his dates that were in his contract so that's kind of why he was able to just walk, so he's still probably getting paid for Merch sales. And as much as I want him at mania it seems he inadvertantly saved the card by walking out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 05:44 AM)

If you remember, I actually said I was kind of surprised by the WWE signing him because he was more of a "hardcore" wrestler who was just really good on the mic.

But ya, like Rowand said, he's the mouth piece, and he's probably there to take a few big bumps or stiff hits along the way.

Also....Luke Harper is such a boss. His last 2 matches with Cena have been fantastic. I really hope he gets a singles run at some point

Edited by scs787

I Hope Ambrose can succeed when SHIELD eventually splits, is all.

I agree about Harper. He doesn't look like much but all of his singles matches have been solid.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)

I agree about Harper. He doesn't look like much but all of his singles matches have been solid.

I'm a little skeptical of him succeeding myself.

Maybe they'll team him up with his old tag partner Solomon Crowe down the road to continue to kind of hide him down the road.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)

I'm worried about Reigns and Ambrose if the Shield were to break up right now. I love the potential of both of them but their weaknesses are beautifully hidden with in the group.

And ya, Harper has been terrific since he was able to showcase his ability in the 6 man rage against the Shield.

EDIT: Apparently autocorrect didn't like 6 man tag but 6 man rage works too.

Edited by Rowand44