Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
I kinda wonder if they turned Rollins because they think he needs to most help by getting this rub. Who knows. I'm interested.

The guy they usually turn heel out of these groups is the one they have higher(est) hopes for. I think they have high hopes for all but they might be highest on Rollins at the moment or at least think he's the most ready to be on his own. I get why they did it, I just don't agree with it. That being said, besides Punk, the Shield are the only thing since I got back into wrestling that I've just been a straight mark for. So I'm just sad to see them go.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
Reigns isn't getting a world title push anytime soon. Rollins is about to be pushed to the moon by joining Evolution. He's definitely in a higher regard by this happening. Reigns will be pushed hard too like he has been. It's Ambrose that's currently list in the shuffle but he makes for a nice mouthpiece for Reigns.

The Shield breaking up is all about Reigns huge singles push, Rollins is the means to a end, Rollins gets a small rub but Evolution is not a long term gig.

Edited by Soxfest

If the doctors don't clear DB to wrestle and he has to vacate the title, they should turn it into an angle where Steph paid the dr off to say he wasn't cleared.

Doubt WWE thinks that stuff up though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
If the doctors don't clear DB to wrestle and he has to vacate the title, they should turn it into an angle where Steph paid the dr off to say he wasn't cleared.

Doubt WWE thinks that stuff up though.

That one is such a no-brainer. I'd actually be surprised if they didn't do that.

As for the Shield, Reigns is going to get the big babyface push, and I think they have faith in Ambrose on his own anyway, so the Evolution rub does benefit Rollins the most.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
I wonder if they all stay with the merc look or if they all get repackaged with new unique looks

Rollins will definitely have a new look right away, we'll probably see him in a suit next week. Good question about Reigns and Ambrose though.

I haven't been watching NXT, like at all... has Solomon Crow(Sami Callihan) been doing anything down there?

I know it probably won't happen, at least anytime soon, but I'd love to see him get paired with Ambrose again. Not a real big fan of Ambrose as a singles wrestler, that's about the only knock I have on the Shield splitting up.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
Rollins will definitely have a new look right away, we'll probably see him in a suit next week. Good question about Reigns and Ambrose though.

And what about a haircut and one color hair? Im interested to see his look with this change.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
Kevin Steen reportedly signed with WWE....The talent is there, but if they cut Chris Hero because of the lack of time he put in weight room then I'm not so sure why they're signing Steen. Dudes a human bowling ball.

Dude can entertain though.

Hero is a middleweight, Steen is a hoss. Vince always loves a hoss

According to sescoops.com, Daniel Bryan will not be cleared in time to compete at the June 29th WWE Money in the Bank PPV. Bryan was reportedly given the news backstage this afternoon by WWE doctors.

Obviously nothing is official until the WWE announces it, but sescoops.com has a good track record. Their source is the same one that revealed Bryan's concussion back in January and also was the one that revealed that he would be needing neck surgery.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
According to sescoops.com, Daniel Bryan will not be cleared in time to compete at the June 29th WWE Money in the Bank PPV. Bryan was reportedly given the news backstage this afternoon by WWE doctors.

Obviously nothing is official until the WWE announces it, but sescoops.com has a good track record. Their source is the same one that revealed Bryan's concussion back in January and also was the one that revealed that he would be needing neck surgery.

Do NOT f*** with the neck. Bryan needs to stay off tv until his neck is healed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Do NOT f*** with the neck. Bryan needs to stay off tv until his neck is healed

Ding! Those minor surgeries are usually just a band aid until the major ones are needed as well.

I wonder if WWE would consider Cesaro winning the MITB, and then Lesnar winning the ladder match. Cesaro then comes out and beats Lesnar, turning face and then setting up their already rumored bout at Summerslam. I don't think they could have Lesnar carry the belt for awhile with how much time he doesn't get on TV.

Agreed.

I wonder if they'll have 2 MITB matches, one for the title and one for the brief case.

I believe there's a Brock Lesnar to win the title MITB match rumor floating around yes? If they have 2 matches I'd love to see Cesaro win the other to set up a Lesnar/Cesaro feud.

EDIT Whoa Soxfan, that's kinda eery.

Edited by scs787

It would make sense because putting Heyman with Cesaro has actually slowed Cesaro down to he for some reason. Always talking about Lesnar with Cesaro just standing there. I've been saying they should put the belt on Lesnar for a long time right now. Hold it until Mania.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
Wwe may or may not be looking to add a member of the Shield. Really the two that makes even a little sense to me aren't currently in WWE right now. Sting and Punk make more sense than anyone but really aren't perfect matches either.

I really think any nxt guy makes sense. Throw Zayn/Neville/Graves out there.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Add a NXT guy and they're instantly over.

Not too familiar with Graves character but Zayn/Neville don't fit at all.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Not too familiar with Graves character but Zayn/Neville don't fit at all.

Graves is pretty much CM Punk. I think if you throw a flak jacket on anyone they'd fit. I've seen Generico as a heel and it worked. He'd obviously be a better babyface but I think it'd work.