Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's just entertainment, but if my best friend was in a position where his arm could be broken, I wouldn't let a loudmouth a**hat stop me from stopping the guy doing the move. "He'll break his arm if you move." Oh ok, nobody saw the whole "he'll break it anyways" thing coming.

Oh, and I'm sure HBK is driving a 2005 red Intrepid nowadays, or whatever that car was. :blink:

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Ever since they made AJ the GM, I've found Raw to be unwatchable. Hopefully the PPV gets things to be interesting again.

Guys like Punk, Bryan, and Cesaro are who are keeping me around. I still get a kick outta watching the guys I've seen grow locally. Those guys and Ziggler can carry anyone in the ring making for a much better match. I cant stand Cena, but Punk/Cena and Bryan/Cena have been great matches.

Really hope Cesaro wins the title, Santino is a waste of space.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Ever since they made AJ the GM, I've found Raw to be unwatchable. Hopefully the PPV gets things to be interesting again.

She's an awful talker and who is going to take any authority figure seriously when they skip to the ring?

As usual, WWE takes something that was getting over and finds a way to make it super-boring.

What do all the guys want to see? AJ Lee in a business suit every week instead of half-naked.

How do you enhance the Punk/Bryan feud after a couple of very interesting matches? Throw Kane into their matches then end the feud with no logical conclusion.

On the plus side, I suppose, it seems that Ryback (AKA Pink-eyeback) seems to be getting over a little bit. I did like JTG yelling at the ref to "keep that pinkeye away from me!!"

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
As usual, WWE takes something that was getting over and finds a way to make it super-boring.

What do all the guys want to see? AJ Lee in a business suit every week instead of half-naked.

How do you enhance the Punk/Bryan feud after a couple of very interesting matches? Throw Kane into their matches then end the feud with no logical conclusion.

On the plus side, I suppose, it seems that Ryback (AKA Pink-eyeback) seems to be getting over a little bit. I did like JTG yelling at the ref to "keep that pinkeye away from me!!"

Ryback is boring as s***. Goldberg 2.0. I want Regal to come in and unexpectedly give him a difficult match and potato him like he did to Goldberg

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:17 AM)
Ryback is boring as s***. Goldberg 2.0. I want Regal to come in and unexpectedly give him a difficult match and potato him like he did to Goldberg

Oh, I didn't say I liked him!

The fans last night were chanting FEED ME MORE along with him and he seemed to be getting cheered a bit.

I would love to see the E use Regal for something worthwhile. THE NEWWWWWW Raw General Manager when they realize the AJ Experimant is failing, maybe?

Personally, I'd like to see them give him a World Title run as a "gold watch" type of thing, but I doubt that would ever happen.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
I can honestly say that I've never understood the internet love that Regal gets, dude bores the hell out of me.

He used to bore me until I started looking at him a little bit closer. He is kind of a rebel. And he is a good worker, he will put guys over that deserve it, and put on a good show.

He didnt think Goldberg deserved his push back in WCW. When he was sent out to get squashed by Goldberg, he no-sold a bunch of Goldbergs power moves, and then to top it off he potatoed goldberg too. I remember watching it thinking to myself "Why isnt this over yet?", and you could see on Goldbergs face, he didnt know either, he expected a 20 second match and a spear.

I think Regal was either sent home for a while or fired by WCW shortly after that

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 07:46 AM)
He used to bore me until I started looking at him a little bit closer. He is kind of a rebel. And he is a good worker, he will put guys over that deserve it, and put on a good show.

He didnt think Goldberg deserved his push back in WCW. When he was sent out to get squashed by Goldberg, he no-sold a bunch of Goldbergs power moves, and then to top it off he potatoed goldberg too. I remember watching it thinking to myself "Why isnt this over yet?", and you could see on Goldbergs face, he didnt know either, he expected a 20 second match and a spear.

I think Regal was either sent home for a while or fired by WCW shortly after that

I know he's a good worker, no argument there, just like I know ADR is a good worker but both guys are just boring to me.

And ya, I remember the Goldberg stuff, I think that's a big reason why Regal does have a cult following.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
This PPV on Sunday has HBK turning on HHH for not helping him when Lesnar was breaking his arm written all over it.

Lesnar has to win IMO, they can't job him twice to faces

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
Lesnar has to win IMO, they can't job him twice to faces

Agreed. If he loses again, his presence inthe company is diminished. If he would make weekly appearances, I'd say have him take the belt of Sheamus and hold it til Mania.

Heres a fun old match between Regal and Bryan.

(I did it! thanks Kyyle, Admin of the year!)

Regals been wasted for years because there's no one really on his level in the WWE. If he was in his prime now with the likes of Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, and Cesaro he'd be way better utilized. The fact that he came through the WWE when Vince had a hard on for huge guys that can't wrestle hurt him.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787