Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 06:25 AM)
Rock and Punk had an epic close out to the show last night, especially Punk.

The Rock needs to stay away from the ball jokes and stick to being semi serious. Obviously comedy is part of his thing but he's better than the crap he's come with against Cena and now Punk.

Punk was absolutely epic last night.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)
The Rock needs to stay away from the ball jokes and stick to being semi serious. Obviously comedy is part of his thing but he's better than the crap he's come with against Cena and now Punk.

I disagree. I felt Punk's was a little too forced. Rock did much better against Punk on the mic than he did Cena. The thing with Rock, is that he can't cut shoots which Punk essentially has been given semi-permission to do. And Rock won't cut a shoot against Vinny Mac or the fans because he recognizes who made him.

Rock can easily go out there and talk about how ratings are the lowest they've been in 15 years on Raw with Punk as the premier guy or about how the Rock never had ratings that low as champ. He could talk about how much whining Punk does or in what ways he really is a hypocrite.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
I disagree. I felt Punk's was a little too forced. Rock did much better against Punk on the mic than he did Cena. The thing with Rock, is that he can't cut shoots which Punk essentially has been given semi-permission to do. And Rock won't cut a shoot against Vinny Mac or the fans because he recognizes who made him.

Rock can easily go out there and talk about how ratings are the lowest they've been in 15 years on Raw with Punk as the premier guy or about how the Rock never had ratings that low as champ. He could talk about how much whining Punk does or in what ways he really is a hypocrite.

I think we all understand at this point that you're not a fan of Punk.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 10:19 AM)

I'm willing to give rock a pass due to a little bit of ring mic rust.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
I hope Bully Ray puts Brooke thru a table next week and Hulk makes the save and Bully Ray is the leader of Ace's and 8's. If not this is a terrible angle!

This is the only way for the A&8 angle to go. Oh, and after Bully is shown to be the leader, how about they win a few matches? Has any heel faction ever been booked to look as weak as they've been?

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
This is the only way for the A&8 angle to go. Oh, and after Bully is shown to be the leader, how about they win a few matches? Has any heel faction ever been booked to look as weak as they've been?

Very true A&8 win/loss is horrid!

Randomly turned TNA on (Idk why but I just haven't given it a fair shot) and saw that Brad Bradley (or Jay Bradley) got a contract....I almost got my ass whooped by him 8 years ago.

His tag team partner ripped up a sign (Punk=Drug free/Boz=Talent free) then tossed a chair my way. I being the 17 year old "bad ass" I was kicked the chair back and it hit Bradley who didnt see what occurred before. He got in my face and got all sorts of intense, daring me to do something, and told me to sit my ass down, I of course refused and this continued for a a minute or 2 before Ian Rotten came out and broke it up.....He proceeded to call me a turd online...the next show when the crowd was silent and he wasn't in the match (tag match) I started saying tuuuuurrrrdddd, he turned around and laughed...I've been a fan ever since...Really talented big man, gonna try to remember to watch more often now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Taz as a groomsman joined Ace's & 8........Broke up Brooke/Bully Ray wedding.............I did like they used his real name Mark during wedding.

Not sure if I like this or not. I think the "heel commentator" thing is kind of played out, but I guess this extends the angle without doing the main reveal.

To me it seems like they still don't know who they want the leader to be. Still, as long as it's not Hogan, Bischoff or Jarrett.... :D

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 02:59 AM)
Not sure if I like this or not. I think the "heel commentator" thing is kind of played out, but I guess this extends the angle without doing the main reveal.

To me it seems like they still don't know who they want the leader to be. Still, as long as it's not Hogan, Bischoff or Jarrett.... :D

Taz cannot even wrestle anymore does not make any sense.

El Generico signed with the WWE...LIKE...I hope they don't change his gimmick, or at least leave him masked. A pasty, thin, Canadian would struggle to get over, but a generic luchador?? gold!....For those that don't follow indy wrestling here's a taste....

Probably more than half these move will be "too dangerous" but you get the idea.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)
El Generico signed with the WWE...LIKE...I hope they don't change his gimmick, or at least leave him masked. A pasty, thin, Canadian would struggle to get over, but a generic luchador?? gold!....For those that don't follow indy wrestling here's a taste....

Probably more than half these move will be "too dangerous" but you get the idea.

Heard he is losing the mask and a name change being sent to Florida for 6 month stint..........................SuperCENA again..........Rock won a fun match..............I enjoyed Goldust/Cody in the rumble.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 10:04 PM)
TWICE IN A LIFETIME!

So so boring.

I agree, however, in the big picture Rock/Cena 2 for the Title at Wrestlemania is the optimal main event and there is really no argument against that.

Sadly, this means Cena will be champ again in 70 days.. that is what is so so boring

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
I agree, however, in the big picture Rock/Cena 2 for the Title at Wrestlemania is the optimal main event and there is really no argument against that.

Sadly, this means Cena will be champ again in 70 days.. that is what is so so boring

Cena winning at Mania makes me want to vomit also!