Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think the names are that big of a deal tbh.

I thought it was an ok event, cleary it was rushed and thrown together, but it kept me entertained (albeit nothing to spectacular) and allowed me to watch the PPV. I did enjoy the actual wrestling and it was a very nice change, but can't help but feel how poorly it was put together. But they deserve a pass on this PPV for rushing becuase of all the signings and changes happened this month. Will see how the next PPV turns out.

PLEASE let this be true, this is too funny!!!

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- There are rumors that Scott Hall claimed he had a groin injury which is why he didn't wrestle at tonight's Genesis pay-per-view with Kevin Nash. The story goes that Hall actually put on his trunks for the first time in a while and did not want to wrestle because he was worried about how he looked. Hall apparently begged to be taken off the card which is why Waltman tagged with Nash.

It was said that Waltman didn't want to wrestle either but obviously ended up doing so. Eric Young was set to be Nash's partner if things with Waltman didn't go through.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
Yup - Heard that, seems to be true.

I just don't know what went through his mind, did he think that he'd wake up one day fit?

The question is why is TNA trusting him. He has burned them and WWE in the past 8 years, plus countless small promotions. Hall is what he is, he hasnt tried to change anything. We all knew this was going to happen

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
The question is why is TNA trusting him. He has burned them and WWE in the past 8 years, plus countless small promotions. Hall is what he is, he hasnt tried to change anything. We all knew this was going to happen

Cuz THEY'RE GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER!!!

...even though the drunken rhythm guitarist never cleaned up, blows off multiple gigs, and burns bridges with promoters left and right. He keeps saying he's clean and everyone likes him when he's not "medicated", so they want to give him one more chance.....again....and he f***s it up....again....but everyone loves those old hit records and they want to believe that THE BAND can grab that brass ring one more time...

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)

...even though the drunken rhythm guitarist never cleaned up, blows off multiple gigs, and burns bridges with promoters left and right. He keeps saying he's clean and everyone likes him when he's not "medicated", so they want to give him one more chance.....again....and he f***s it up....again....but everyone loves those old hit records and they want to believe that THE BAND can grab that brass ring one more time...

have you noticed the last couple times he has done this Nash has been the guy that has his back? You would think Nash would be able to recognize that Hall just cannot stay clean, and moreso to the point you would think Nash would know when Hall wasnt clean. They are best friends, if he cannot spot the warning signs that all of us fans see right away, something is wrong with that.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)

Honestly I think they should call themselves "The Kliq", or does WWE own the rights to that name... I know the original DX used the name for a couple weeks before they came up with DX, and it def beats the name THE BAND

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
have you noticed the last couple times he has done this Nash has been the guy that has his back? You would think Nash would be able to recognize that Hall just cannot stay clean, and moreso to the point you would think Nash would know when Hall wasnt clean. They are best friends, if he cannot spot the warning signs that all of us fans see right away, something is wrong with that.

I think Nash used to think there was still some real money left to be made off the nWo gimmick, now I just think he's trying to get his buddy a paycheck.

Nash seems so half-assed about this run. He almost needs someone to cattle prod him to wake him up. It's really sad - Nash sleepwalking, Hall taking the drunken walk of shame, and Waltman looking like he's strung out on half a pharmacy, knowing he has to take 99% of the bumps in every match he works.

I read that the "TNA guys" are very depressed and worried about their jobs and/or their "spots". Morale is already sinking, as it should. When washed-out, forgotten blobs like the Nasty Boys steal air time from capable, relevant young workers and Val Venis gets an immediate push while guys like Samoa Joe are left off pay-per-views, it's got to be easy to get bummed out.

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Honestly I think they should call themselves "The Kliq", or does WWE own the rights to that name... I know the original DX used the name for a couple weeks before they came up with DX, and it def beats the name THE BAND

i would be amazed if WWE didnt have the rights to The Kliq

Man, the Hogan Regime is getting better every day - I agree with not allowing gang signs or obscene gestures, but the bolded part made me laugh:

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- Before tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings began in Orlando, members of the TNA staff addressed the crowd at the iMPACT Zone about their behavior.

Fans were told not to curse, make obscene gestures or gang signs. The fans were referred to as "cast members" and were basically told they needed to be quiet, according to a fan in attendance.

This is likely another decision made by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, who haven't been pleased with some of the reactions from the TNA crowd lately.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Man, the Hogan Regime is getting better every day - I agree with not allowing gang signs or obscene gestures, but the bolded part made me laugh:

Partial source: PWInsider.com

- Before tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings began in Orlando, members of the TNA staff addressed the crowd at the iMPACT Zone about their behavior.

Fans were told not to curse, make obscene gestures or gang signs. The fans were referred to as "cast members" and were basically told they needed to be quiet, according to a fan in attendance.

This is likely another decision made by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, who haven't been pleased with some of the reactions from the TNA crowd lately.

Comedy gold. These marks are the same people every show, they get in for free. When you don't give them what you want they cry. Remember the anti-hardcore promos Foley cut in ECW? The whole "I'm not gonna let some little piss ants call my match, 1-2-3 Jump, 1-2-3 Jump!" I say f*** those fans.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Comedy gold. These marks are the same people every show, they get in for free. When you don't give them what you want they cry. Remember the anti-hardcore promos Foley cut in ECW? The whole "I'm not gonna let some little piss ants call my match, 1-2-3 Jump, 1-2-3 Jump!" I say f*** those fans.

I somewhat agree. But I did like the "Overrated" chants towards Mr. Anderson last night.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
I somewhat agree. But I did like the "Overrated" chants towards Mr. Anderson last night.

I haven't watched the show yet, but the crowd has always bugged me there. I've heard a lot of recaps on the show, mostly the WWE guys got "rejected" by the fans.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
I haven't watched the show yet, but the crowd has always bugged me there. I've heard a lot of recaps on the show, mostly the WWE guys got "rejected" by the fans.

It just doesnt make sense what Hogan is doing. How can he sit there and talk about the young talent on the roster and how they need to shine and get their push, then have Chris Daniels lose to Val Venis? WTF???!??

And you dont book Samoa Joe for this PPV? That guy has been there since day 1 and has done nothing but support everything TNA has done, and they dont even feature him or give him a match. I think I read it was the first PPV that Samoa Joe has not had a match, that is just inexcusable.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
It just doesnt make sense what Hogan is doing. How can he sit there and talk about the young talent on the roster and how they need to shine and get their push, then have Chris Daniels lose to Val Venis? WTF???!??

And you dont book Samoa Joe for this PPV? That guy has been there since day 1 and has done nothing but support everything TNA has done, and they dont even feature him or give him a match. I think I read it was the first PPV that Samoa Joe has not had a match, that is just inexcusable.

Daniels isn't a young guy and neither is Morley. He's a pretty good wrestler, but his character is really stale and they shouldn't have brought it to tv. I don't have a problem with Daniels losing if they are going to try and do something with Morley. As for Daniels, he may just end up what he was before and that's a xdivison guy, or someone who can carry guys to good matches. He has a role in TNA, but to me he's not a main event guy. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of shuffling around of guys till they find what fits.

As for Joe, he didn't have a good showing vs. Abyss on the 1-4-10 show. He wasn't on the show they taped tonight it appears, so maybe he's just getting some time off to regroup and drop some weight and get healthy.

So many of these TNA guys have been there for so long that while they have great matches it does feel a touch stale with these guys, so maybe some time off or movement down the card into another role will do them some good.

Time will tell what happens.