Official Squared Circle Thread

Time will tell what happens.

I feel that is of highest importance for TNA right now. Their future will be determined within these 1-3 months. With wrestlemania on the horizon WWE will be going strong, TNA needs to get their storylines together, formed, and get some emotion into it. They have wrestling for sure - but I can't cheer for wrestling for 3 hours a PPV. I need some emotion, I need to Want someone to win.

Hopefully they get some bad guys good guys and some clear feuds.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PWInsider.com is reporting that Bubba The Love Sponge was sent home by TNA prior to the Impact tapings yesterday, and AngryMarks.com has provided some new details behind why. Apparently, Hulk Hogan appeared on The Bubba The Love Radio Show this morning and explained that the reason Bubba was sent home yesterday was because TNA Knockout Awesome Kong punched him the face due to the comments he made about Haiti. Below is a paraphrasing of what Bubba said about the incident on his show this morning, written by someone from AngryMarks.com:

"She was wearing wrestling gear, and she came in on me and sucker punched me right on my left cheek, and I was like, what's going on... then she came out me again, hit me again in the mouth, and she goes, 'This if for Haiti! This is for Haiti!' and I'm like 'What is going on?' Finally I put my left hand out and push her away from me, and she comes at me again and I just cover up, because I cannot fight back on a woman. Not only will I be fired from TNA, which I probably am, but my radio career is gone if I take a woman out!"

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
A buddy of mine started with FCW yesterday. I talked to him today and he said the first day was a 2 hour orientation with Steve Kern and Norman Smiley. They start the real work tomorrow.

Nice! Wish him luck from the Soxtalk Marks!

"Little Legacy" (actual team name The Fortunate Sons) won the FCW tag straps recently - Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig.

Mike Rotundo also has two sons working in FCW, Bo and Luke Rotundo. Are those fake names or did Mike watch way too much Dukes of Hazzard??

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Nice! Wish him luck from the Soxtalk Marks!

"Little Legacy" (actual team name The Fortunate Sons) won the FCW tag straps recently - Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig.

Mike Rotundo also has two sons working in FCW, Bo and Luke Rotundo. Are those fake names or did Mike watch way too much Dukes of Hazzard??

We used to joke with him about he doesn't like anything without a top rope. He wouldn't even know what Soxtalk is.

FCW is full of 2nd or 3rd Generation guys.

One thing he told me was that during orientation, they warned them that guys like Edge, Jericho, Show, Batista, just drop by and work out so don't be surprised.

I have to say, I REALLY like where the Flair/Styles affiliation is going. This is what I wanted Flair to do all along - be a manager/mouthpiece for a younger group of wrestlers. AJ is the perfect place to start, IMO, and I really hope they give Flair a stable of younger guys. The Machine Guns would be a good fit, and maybe a monster to round it out like Morgan.

A buddy of mine started with FCW yesterday. I talked to him today and he said the first day was a 2 hour orientation with Steve Kern and Norman Smiley. They start the real work tomorrow.

Wow awesome! Good luck with that.

I have to say, I REALLY like where the Flair/Styles affiliation is going. This is what I wanted Flair to do all along - be a manager/mouthpiece for a younger group of wrestlers. AJ is the perfect place to start, IMO, and I really hope they give Flair a stable of younger guys. The Machine Guns would be a good fit, and maybe a monster to round it out like Morgan.

Ditto, and double ditto on the stable. That'd be sick.

Anyone know where they are going with Undertaker / HBK ? :P.

Any picks for winner of the rumble?

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)

I think it might be someone we really will not expect. I also think HBK and HHH might be fighting in mania based on how they ended RAW

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)

I've read that Taker is in real bad shape physically and may be hanging them up soon. Possibly right after Mania.

It would make NO sense for Taker's streak to end at this point, and would make DOUBLE no sense for Michaels to be the one to end it.

As for the Rumble.....never bet against Cena!! He could win it even if he wasn't entered in it!!! He's SUPERCENA!!!!

I think it might be someone we really will not expect.

Alot of people are saying Kofi Kingston... Maybe a Kofi vs. Randy world title WM match? :o

I also think HBK and HHH might be fighting in mania based on how they ended RAW

Agreed, I'd enjoy it - even tho its been done alot. At least it keeps HHH out of title picture.

I've read that Taker is in real bad shape physically and may be hanging them up soon. Possibly right after Mania.

It would make NO sense for Taker's streak to end at this point, and would make DOUBLE no sense for Michaels to be the one to end it.

Personally I hope he retires after Mania, winning his last match there. (which would most likely mean he has to lose the belt before mania in my scenario)

As for the Rumble.....never bet against Cena!! He could win it even if he wasn't entered in it!!! He's SUPERCENA!!!!

True :(

I'd like it to be someone fresh to win the Rumble, but it's gonna be HHH. Something tells me he thinks that he's due for another title reign.

I fully expect his new buddy Sheamus to hold onto the title until WM, where HHH wins it & we get the same ol s*** rehashed to us for the rest of the year.

Now that I think about it, I can see HBK facing Undertaker. HBK has been talking about taking a long time off to let his body heal, and losing to Undertaker would let Taker keep his title and go out/retire with his streak intact, and Michaels can quietly go away until September or whenever he feels like making his return.

It wasnt said before, but i am glad that it looks like DX is done for a long while after HHH threw HBK out of the ring monday

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Now that I think about it, I can see HBK facing Undertaker. HBK has been talking about taking a long time off to let his body heal, and losing to Undertaker would let Taker keep his title and go out/retire with his streak intact, and Michaels can quietly go away until September or whenever he feels like making his return.

It wasnt said before, but i am glad that it looks like DX is done for a long while after HHH threw HBK out of the ring monday

Not until they lose the tag titles.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)

I think you misunderstood that angle. It was to get over the Royal Rumble, not to split up DX. They're a huge cash cow for WWE right now. I dont see them "splitting" anytime soon.

Personally - I'd enjoy a HEEL HBK vs a FACE HHH @ Wrestlemania, from my knowledge that's never been done before.

But WM is shaping up - could be HHH vs. Sheamus (whack... HHH title at wrestlemania is just bad.)

HBK Vs. Undertaker (i dont like this one much either, would be a good match again, but no reason for it to happen twice)

Cena vs. The Rock (Doubtful but if it worked, it'd be cool, the only Cena match that I'd accept :P)

MITB (Kofi? Christian? CM Punk? THE MIZZ!!!!)

Mysterio vs. CM Punk has been talked about in some hair vs mask match, thatd be awesome