Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
The stipulation that the winner gets the main event at Mania really pigeon holes it. I have always hated it.

I agree.

I wish they'd treat it like Money In The Bank, where the winner can cash in the title shot whenever they want.

That's a much more effective and flexible plot line, and doesn't necessarily end the angle at Mania.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDGE!!!!!!

...and he wins it!

Looked at first like it was a mistake that Shawn got eliminated but don't think that is the case.

I'm going with HHH vs. HBK at Mania.

Edited by Brian

I literally jumped out of my seat when Edge's music hit. This was a great rumble IMO. From Punk's run in the beginning to the beginning of the DX/Cena story up until Edge hit the ring, it kept me interested the entire time. Mainly because a lot of guys were given good rubs & it made the outcome better.

Now for WM, I'd book HBK/'Taker II & Jericho/Edge. At the next PPV, HBK becomes so desperate to get his match, he screws 'Taker in the EC. Jericho benefits from this & you have two very good matches for your main events.

Hopefully these are honest opinions and not some attempt to "swerve the Internet marks":

-The cohost asked for clarification on the rumor that TNA is thinking about bringing in Honky Tonk Man. Hogan said Honky actually owns the name "Linda Hogan." Bischoff said he would "rather drive a rusty ice pick through my thigh" than work for Honky Tonk Man. Bischoff also stated that Honky "couldn't draw flies if he were rolled in horse s***." He definitively added, "There's no truth to that at all," Bischoff said regarding the rumor that Honky started on his website.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10010029.shtml

I didnt get to see the full rumble match, but just seeing edge win makes me puke.

I love Edge, I love the possibility of Edge vs. Jericho, but man, the guy just comes back and is auto-in title picture. Guy never loses. The rumble should be used to springboard people, I believe a comment I read was that Cole said in the final four or something "All these men have headlined wrestlemania before." That's exactly what was wrong with it... I want to see people WANTING to be the winner, I want Ted Dibease Jr., Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, maybe Morrision in the mix at the end, yeah, alot of those names dont seem like theyd belong there, but if they just booked it better before, then it could have been a possibility.

Out of those names Ted Dibease would have made alot of sense, you have him win, then at EC have Randy win, and walouh awesome. Massive boost for Dibease's career, and you let the guy who is owning the fans (Orton) headline with him.

Orton vs. Dibease

HHH vs. HBK

Sheamus vs. Big Show

Punk vs. Rey

Edge vs. Jericho

Undertaker vs. Batista?

Cena vs. ___

something similar to that or something

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 08:17 AM)
I didnt get to see the full rumble match, but just seeing edge win makes me puke.

I love Edge, I love the possibility of Edge vs. Jericho, but man, the guy just comes back and is auto-in title picture. Guy never loses. The rumble should be used to springboard people, I believe a comment I read was that Cole said in the final four or something "All these men have headlined wrestlemania before." That's exactly what was wrong with it... I want to see people WANTING to be the winner, I want Ted Dibease Jr., Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, maybe Morrision in the mix at the end, yeah, alot of those names dont seem like theyd belong there, but if they just booked it better before, then it could have been a possibility.

Out of those names Ted Dibease would have made alot of sense, you have him win, then at EC have Randy win, and walouh awesome. Massive boost for Dibease's career, and you let the guy who is owning the fans (Orton) headline with him.

Orton vs. Dibease

HHH vs. HBK

Sheamus vs. Big Show

Punk vs. Rey

Edge vs. Jericho

Undertaker vs. Batista?

Cena vs. ___

something similar to that or something

Regardless of Dibiase and Orton losing, i think there is a good possibility that they face each other in Mania anyways. They have been teasing the problems with Legacy and Orton for a while now, so it will probably be either Rhodes or Dibiase facing Orton at Mania.

The only difference I see right now in what you have is that you have Sheamus/Big show and Edge/Jericho mixed up. Show and Jericho are going to fight because of the problems with Jerishow and Sheamus is going to keep the title til Wrestlemania and face Edge. I actually want Edge to win the title back because I think Sheamus is really lame.

Im wondering who Cena will go against too. Maybe the other Legacy member.

You also get to look forward to Hart/McMahon(hopefully Vince doesnt blow this)

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
Yeah, that was just a tentative card, they could go alot of ways with it, I just am dreading anything that involves undertaker + title and Sheamus + title

And sad to see Rumble being used the way it was!

I highly doubt either of them lose the title in the next month and a half.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
Yeah, that was just a tentative card, they could go alot of ways with it, I just am dreading anything that involves undertaker + title and Sheamus + title

And sad to see Rumble being used the way it was!

I have a feeling you wouldn't be happy with the results no matter how it played out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 06:15 AM)
Bret almost had the sharpshooter on Vince last night. Batista with the save, its starting to look like Cena/Hart vs Batista/McMahon

I hope Bret is still physically able to work a single match with Vince. I don't think Cena should be in a tag match at Mania if he is one of their biggest stars.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
I hope Bret is still physically able to work a single match with Vince. I don't think Cena should be in a tag match at Mania if he is one of their biggest stars.

Rumor is that Cena's back is in bad shape, he probably wants an easy match at mania.