Official Squared Circle Thread

Glad to see Jericho with the belt, even though it's probably going to be a short reign.

His current character is more effective holding the title.

The Batista thing makes sense with the current storyline (now Vince screwed Cena too), but I'm no fan of Batista so I'm not happy he won.

I wonder if Sheamus gets de-pushed now, or if he'll still be in the chase after Mania?

Interesting Legacy developments - I kind of expect Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig to come in either as new members of an Orton-less Legacy, or as Orton's new proteges against Rhodes and/or Ted.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a fan of this! I didnt watch the ppv (sorry Brian for no stream mate) but Jericho vs. Edge now should be awesome (good way to end match, setting up HBK vs. Taker (although im no big fan of that rematch, but should be cool nonetheless)) and then Batista winning was eh.... Cena vs. Batista doesn't need the title, whats HHH going to do now? Whats Sheamus going to do now?

So far it really looks like

Edge vs. Jericho

Cena vs Batista

(2 titles)

Taker vs. HBK

Legacy Match (whatever they do with rhodes/orton/dibease)

Bret hart ? McMahon?

Rey vs. Punk?

That leaves.. HHH / Sheamus on Raw as the big names, but that as a 1on1?? Uhhh... please no. If its for the title then whatever, still bad, but at least respectable because HHH always is there @ the title. Any grudge match would just be eh

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 06:39 AM)
Glad to see Jericho with the belt, even though it's probably going to be a short reign.

His current character is more effective holding the title.

The Batista thing makes sense with the current storyline (now Vince screwed Cena too), but I'm no fan of Batista so I'm not happy he won.

I wonder if Sheamus gets de-pushed now, or if he'll still be in the chase after Mania?

Interesting Legacy developments - I kind of expect Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig to come in either as new members of an Orton-less Legacy, or as Orton's new proteges against Rhodes and/or Ted.

Ever since Batista's heel turn, I haven't minded him at all really. I'm just interested to see what they do on Raw tonight to set up the title picture for WM.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:27 AM)
The Undertaker caught fire walking into his Pyro introduction. I guess he was extremely pissed after the match

They played it off very well on the telecast last night. I didn't even know it happened until I read about it an hour later.

She must have wanted to Be The Man!!!!:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/6548.html

Ric Flair's wife Jacqueline Beems has been released from jail, according to North Carolina's WISTV.com.

The article states that TNA star Ric Flair suffered minor injuries when he was allegedly assaulted by Beems late Sunday night at his home in Charlotte, N.C.

Beems was charged with assault using "personal weapons such as hands, feet, and teeth."

The arrest warrant from the incident is available online.

At least she used "personal weapons" and not "foreign objects".

VERY surprising spoiler, if they follow through with it - I would never have guessed this:

Partial source: PWTorch.com

- Multiple WWE sources are reporting that Vince McMahon has decided to go a different direction with the Bret Hart storyline and WrestleMania. Believe it or not, the plan as of this weekend was for Bret to win the WWE Title at WrestleMania.

The plan as of Sunday morning was to have either Batista or John Cena walk out of Elimination Chamber with the WWE Title, which obviously Batista won. This should lead to Bret Hart & John Cena vs. Vince McMahon & Batista at WrestleMania with the person who gets the winning pinfall will be new WWE Champion.

The angle has been described as something that would be a "feel-good title win" for Bret. A likely ending for the match would be for Bret to make Vince tapout with the Sharpshooter but that's nothing confirmed.

Vince has gone back and forth on where they're headed with Bret for WrestleMania a few times over the past month but as of this weekend, this was the plan.

I don't believe that for one second. I won't ruin the spoiler for those that haven't read, but at this point, I'd be surprised if Hart and McMahon actually are in any kind of match at Mania. It would be better if they just second Cena & Batista respectively.

Since no one mentioned it, I thought the Elim Chambers were both great. They've set up a lot of good matches for Mania as of now: Cena/Batista, Edge/Jericho, HBK/Taker, plus what to do with HHH, Sheamus, Legacy, etc.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
I don't believe that for one second. I won't ruin the spoiler for those that haven't read, but at this point, I'd be surprised if Hart and McMahon actually are in any kind of match at Mania. It would be better if they just second Cena & Batista respectively.

Since no one mentioned it, I thought the Elim Chambers were both great. They've set up a lot of good matches for Mania as of now: Cena/Batista, Edge/Jericho, HBK/Taker, plus what to do with HHH, Sheamus, Legacy, etc.

They're absolutely going to have a match or a "fight" of some sort. The scenario in the spoiler makes sense within the angle, except for the surprise added part. The "broken leg" keeps Bret off TV for a while, which works for the angle as well.

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
wow I am DISGUSTED that they are turning on Orton

Chill out, mark. Ha

I don't really want Orton to be a full blown babyface to be honest. It was awful the first time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Chill out, mark. Ha

I don't really want Orton to be a full blown babyface to be honest. It was awful the first time.

To be honest I really just didnt want them to make him look bad but it didnt happen that way..

Also, Taker VS HBK 2 is official now.. and this time its Streak VS Career.. interesting

QUOTE (T R U @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
To be honest I really just didnt want them to make him look bad but it didnt happen that way..

Also, Taker VS HBK 2 is official now.. and this time its Streak VS Career.. interesting

Very interesting. Both guys are said to be taking time off after Mania and the way they are building it up already, I would be cool if Shawn broke the streak. I originally thought that Taker should retire as undefeated at Mania, but screw that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Very interesting. Both guys are said to be taking time off after Mania and the way they are building it up already, I would be cool if Shawn broke the streak. I originally thought that Taker should retire as undefeated at Mania, but screw that.

I still hope Taker retires undefeated. I would love for that to be a great record/history moment for him and the WWE. Plus, he's one of my favorite wrestlers growing up so.... :D

It makes no sense to end Taker's Mania streak at this point, especially to Michaels.

If they were going to do it at all, it would make more sense to have a young guy who they see as the future of the company end the streak. To have a close-to-done wrestler end the other close-to-done wrestler's streak is just pointless.