Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
Wow, that was stupid and made no sense and looked like crap.

Ahhh c'mon Brian, it was a comedy match, that's why I added the lil face....But as someone who doesn't watch indy wrestling I guess it's no surprise you don't know bout that comedy wrestling...Its a fun added element that they add here and there.

If you wanted me to post an actual match so you can see there is indeed selling and transitions I most certainly will.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are reportedly in a “power struggle” with WWE CFO George Barrios and Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer Michelle Wilson. The topic is a hot one in terms of conversation backstage.

Barrios and Wilson were the two key executives in charge of the WWE Network launch and securing the company’s new television deal. As we know by now, neither of them were close to as successful as the company hoped for.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are reportedly in a “power struggle” with WWE CFO George Barrios and Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer Michelle Wilson. The topic is a hot one in terms of conversation backstage.

Barrios and Wilson were the two key executives in charge of the WWE Network launch and securing the company’s new television deal. As we know by now, neither of them were close to as successful as the company hoped for.

Mixed Tag Match for control of the company at Survivor Series!!!!

Vince in HHH/Steph's corner and Linda in George/Michelle's corner!!!!

Run-In by Shane......"BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON????"

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
SPOILER BELOW...

Prince Devitt made his debut at a NXT taping last night, new name, sorry scs.

They should have Rollins come out and say NXT sucks and Finn comes out and beats him for the briefcase than cashes in on Lesnar while he's sleeping at his house in Minnesota and win it.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 13, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
Nope....Therefore he is garbage =)

Speaking of NXT, I wonder if since the Ascension, a tag team, came out if they plan on giving Kenta a tag partner while he continues to learn more english. If so I hope they "let him bring in his own guy" and make it Devitt. That'd be a whole lotta fun.....Them breaking up and feuding would be even more fun.

Brian laughs at my booking, but hey, it appears I'm at least partially right so far. They tagged up against the Ascension....No "Cosplay" or whatever.

Just got back from some local s*** and er mah gerd, it was turrable. Like literal laugh out loud bad. I had planned on training with the company but my god I'm not even sure I can bring myself to it....Had to go get some booze at intermission to make it somewhat enjoyable.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
I really wish I could be at Raw tonight, always interesting to see how the crowd is going to be. I want CM Sandow to happen so bad.

Would that be a spoof of someone? Not familiar with CM anybody.

WWE has issued an apology for the segment last night where Big Show pulled down the Russian flag as part of his feud with Rusev. The short apology, posted on WWE.com, reads as follows:

We at WWE would like to apologize to the Russian people for the incident on Monday Night Raw that could have been construed as disrespect for their nation’s flag.

I'm asleep by 8 on Mondays due to work and haven't really watched Raw much in last month based on reading what happened and haven't felt the need.

Watch the 3 way from last night and deleted. God forbid Cesaro gets a swing in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 05:57 PM)
I'm asleep by 8 on Mondays due to work and haven't really watched Raw much in last month based on reading what happened and haven't felt the need.

Watch the 3 way from last night and deleted. God forbid Cesaro gets a swing in.

Ya but that match was still great. How dare you delete with more Ambrose to come.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
Paige and Emma were at The Squared Circle last night. Rowand sad for not being there.

Emma was there! Get a few peeps couldn't find their wallets.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)
I'll give TNA credit for one thing,Mathis tag team series with Wolves, Hardys, and 3D has been really good.

Sounds like Bound For Glory could be the end for TNA, at least until 2015.

Yeah, they have a ton of stuff pre-recorded and I'm seeing rumors of "Best Of" shows to wrap up with Spike.

To me, their fatal mistake was not handing the keys over to Heyman when he was showing some interest in taking over the book.

I think they could absolutely have made a living with the 1.0 rating if they concentrated more on writing for the guys they had than signing old guys with famous names.

Stories make stars, not the other way around.

I understand them bringing in names for exposure but they used them to go over on the younger talent they grew, like AJ and Joe. Those guys never got their steam back.

Heyman was right when he said awhile ago that if he took over, he would've only had one veteran star and not all these other guys they continued to bring in. I enjoyed TNA years ago. Probably before Angle came in. I don't blame Angle for anything but the way things were done were awful.

One of my fav angles was when Nash wanted to take over the X division. He was funny.

I enjoy a lot about TNA, and I was really liking it a lot about 6 months to a year ago. The stories made sense, feuds were built and then transitioned, and it was entertaining every week. Then all of the sudden the writing went to crap again and the product got a lot weaker. Everything Heyman has said about what he'd have done makes sense to me, and it's a damn shame Dixie was too short-sighted to give him the hiring/firing power he wanted.

It's pretty sad to see TNA whimper out like this, and I do hope some cable channel gives them a deal, but it won't really matter unless they totally reinvent themselves. I don't see that happening, though (the reinvention, I mean - I think they'll get some sort of cable deal. Whether it's a good deal or not, that's another story altogether)