Official Squared Circle Thread

I don't even care that Roman won, but like other said, the way it was booked was brutal. Bryan should've been in the Final 4.

And they'll learn from last years mistake and have Rusev go over on Cena at Mania, I'm sure......

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good thing about this is that this is a real, money reaction to a show that really crashed hard after an excellent triple threat match. In the past WWE could just laugh and say "well, they will buy the next PPV because they want to see what happens next. ". But it doesn't work that way anymore. Fans are outraged, and if they really cancelled a large portion of subscriptions, that kind of s*** shakes things up almost as much as a wcw type competitor in a Monday night wars.

If anything, the writers will have to step up their game in the next two months and try and patch this thing together until Mania

Still too good of a deal for me to cancel just because the guy that I wanted to win didn't win.

They could go in a direction of Reigns heel after Rock accidentally costs Reigns his title shot at Fast Lane, than go Reigns vs Rock at Mania.

I'd wait to see how they repair the damage, like last year, before I panic and cancel.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
On the bright side, unless Orton comes back to continue his feud with Rollins, we might finally get the WM Rollins vs. Bryan match.

That'd be nice...I mean NO! WWE SUX! Cancel your subscriptions!!!

Vince McMahon and top WWE officials were said to be “legitimately surprised” at the intensity of fan backlash at the Royal Rumble PPV. WWE knew that some fans would not approve of Reigns winning instead of Daniel Bryan but didn’t expect it to get that bad.

Dave Meltzer said: “They panicked early, they changed a few things. Dwayne was not happy.”

Yes, even The Rock was said to be surprised by the reaction. His surprise could even be seen during his in-ring segment and post-show backstage promo on the WWE Network.

Even with the #CancelWWENetwork campaign, Vince McMahon is “dead set” on sticking to Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar. WWE doesn’t plan on adding Daniel Bryan to the main event again because they did it last year. Meltzer added: “Vince feels that it would be a repeat and gone to the well one time too often.”

Credit: Wrestling Observer Radio via Rajah

How on earth can Vince be surprised F'N please retire VKM. Raw is officially cancelled travel ban.

Barely watch wrestling anymore but my friend came over and we watched Rumble last night.

First, I wouldnt cancel your WWE subscription. The thing is stupidly under priced so may as well keep yourself locked into that rate. Whoever priced it wasn't thinking because the PPV alone is worth more than the monthly subscription

Second, pretty uninspiring rumble but you could see that coming with how long the woman's match was.

Third, the Roman Reigns victory was pretty predictable and trotting Rock out there to try and win over the fans didn't help. I think at this point they should just have his character turn against the fans and join HHH/Stef. Do some sort of storyline where HHH pays off Heyman to sabotage Lesner at Mania so that Reigns wins. Then have Reigns cheat/etc to keep his title the next few months and have Daniel Bryant be his antagonist. Its stupid to go against the tide, if fans hate someone take advantage of it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
The thing is they want Roman to be the new Cena so I really don't think we're getting a heel turn from him anytime soon.

Exactly, and what better way to make that happen then to have him win the rumble and take down Brock.

Reigns is what he is in the ring and has gotten much better on the mic. Im not his biggest fan in the least bit but if they wanna build new superstars then I get it. I'm not surprised that the company is surprised at all and really they should be.

Anyway, if you wanna cleanse your pallet of WWE I will be ring announcing an event in Gary this Saturday....And by cleansing your pallet I mean watch some truly awful wrestling that will make WWE look really good. This isn't the Indy wrestling I've been touting in the past, this is A ball level wrestling. Not quite rookie ball though because I've seen worse.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Exactly, and what better way to make that happen then to have him win the rumble and take down Brock.

Reigns is what he is in the ring and has gotten much better on the mic. Im not his biggest fan in the least bit but if they wanna build new superstars then I get it. I'm not surprised that the company is surprised at all and really they should be.

Anyway, if you wanna cleanse your pallet of WWE I will be ring announcing an event in Gary this Saturday....And by cleansing your pallet I mean watch some truly awful wrestling that will make WWE look really good. This isn't the Indy wrestling I've been touting in the past, this is A ball level wrestling. Not quite rookie ball though because I've seen worse.

Because if they want him to be the face of the company they have to get him over as a face first. They're rushing this completely and that's why it's blowing up in their face. Especially when they have 3 other full time faces that are so hugely over.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Because if they want him to be the face of the company they have to get him over as a face first. They're rushing this completely and that's why it's blowing up in their face. Especially when they have 3 other full time faces that are so hugely over.

I've always thought he was plenty over. Hell they could be looking at last years rumble when the fans were chanting his name hella loud.

Reigns Brock makes the most sense to me. This SHOULD catapult Reigns into superstardom and develop another big name for the future. But because Bryan is so over it won't happen.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
I've always thought he was plenty over. Hell they could be looking at last years rumble when the fans were chanting his name hella loud.

Reigns Brock makes the most sense to me. This SHOULD catapult Reigns into superstardom and develop another big name for the future. But because Bryan is so over it won't happen.

Reigns got the anybody but Batista treatment last year just like Rusev got the anybody but Reigns treatment at the end of this Rumble, that's all that was. I'm not saying he's not over at all but there's 3 face's that are a whole hell of a lot more over than him. The company knows that and they just decided to say f*** the fans, we're going to do whatever the hell we want to do. And for once this actually might hurt Vince's wallet.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)

There will be a huge backlash against Reigns at Mania, and really not catapult anything but dislike.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
There will be a huge backlash against Reigns at Mania, and really not catapult anything but dislike.

Which would be pretty dumb in my opinion but I guess I'm alone in thinking that.

Too me its like Shawn Michaels is popular so let's not try and develop the rock or something along those lines.

We saw with the rash of injuries just a few months ago that they really need to start building more stars than just your top few guys.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Which would be pretty dumb in my opinion but I guess I'm alone in thinking that.

Too me its like Shawn Michaels is popular so let's not try and develop the rock or something along those lines.

We saw with the rash of injuries just a few months ago that they really need to start building more stars than just your top few guys.

Even though I can't stand Reigns personally, I think the backlash is more so on how it was done rather than who won. Bryan and Reigns were the 2 heavy favorites all along and when Bryan was tossed mid way through the match, everyone knew who was going to win and the rest of the rumble was pointless.

There is usually excitement and suspense in the match when only 3-4 superstar remains. But when Ambrose was gone, it was more obvious than ever that Reigns will win out vs. the has been Big Show and Kane. Now, if the last 3-4 standing were Ziggler, Ambros, Bryan and Reigns, I think the crowd would have took the match a lot better than they did.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Even though I can't stand Reigns personally, I think the backlash is more so on how it was done rather than who won. Bryan and Reigns were the 2 heavy favorites all along and when Bryan was tossed mid way through the match, everyone knew who was going to win and the rest of the rumble was pointless.

There is usually excitement and suspense in the match when only 3-4 superstar remains. But when Ambrose was gone, it was more obvious than ever that Reigns will win out vs. the has been Big Show and Kane. Now, if the last 3-4 standing were Ziggler, Ambros, Bryan and Reigns, I think the crowd would have took the match a lot better than they did.

I have to fully disagree with this. Reigns eliminating a top baby face would have been nuclear heat on him. WWE did the best they could, they threw in 2 guys not even smarks could cheer for over Reigns (Kane and Show) and an anti American. It still didn't work. We'd rather side with Vladimir Putin than Roman Reigns.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

Right, but you can't force a square peg in a round hole. As much as people get on WWE (and UFC) for not "developing the next superstars" I cut them a little slack as that person they're pushing has to have "it", and so much of that is determined by the fans. Fans aren't going to automatically like Roman Reigns and make him the next Cena because VKM and crew demand it and push him as it.

There has to be a balance, WWE needs to groom guys for what they need and give them the platform and opportunity, but they also have to have the pulse of the fans and not shove people they don't like down their throats.

Edited by SoxFan562004