Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I have to fully disagree with this. Reigns eliminating a top baby face would have been nuclear heat on him. WWE did the best they could, they threw in 2 guys not even smarks could cheer for over Reigns (Kane and Show) and an anti American. It still didn't work. We'd rather side with Vladimir Putin than Roman Reigns.

No way, if Bryan makes it to top four and the finale is good, reigns comes out looking strong. They eliminated the best possible contestant before he even got a chance

I certainly don't feel that it was the best they could do, not even close

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
No way, if Bryan makes it to top four and the finale is good, reigns comes out looking strong. They eliminated the best possible contestant before he even got a chance

It didn't matter how strong Reigns looked, he was getting booed to hell.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
It didn't matter how strong Reigns looked, he was getting booed to hell.

So the solution is to put him in a situation where it is painfully obvious that he was winning and generate bad heat? Come on, it's ok to call a spade a spade here. That was a s*** ending to further a terrible storyline that they are death marching to the finish

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
So the solution is to put him in a situation where it is painfully obvious that he was winning and generate bad heat? Come on, it's ok to call a spade a spade here. That was a s*** ending to further a terrible storyline that they are death marching to the finish

Well I agree the real solution is not to be in that situation in the first place. It should not have been Reigns to begin with. But they handled the disaster the best they could...and it was still a disaster. That should say something to ccreative but it won't.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I have to fully disagree with this. Reigns eliminating a top baby face would have been nuclear heat on him. WWE did the best they could, they threw in 2 guys not even smarks could cheer for over Reigns (Kane and Show) and an anti American. It still didn't work. We'd rather side with Vladimir Putin than Roman Reigns.

I personally wouldn't have a problem if it ended up with Reigns eliminating Bryan at the end. If Bryan and Reigns puts on hard fought battle for 10 minutes, that would have put the fans at the edge of their seats, because the match could have went either way. If Reigns beats Bryan convincingly at the end, Bryan comes back in the ring to shake Reigns' hand to endorse him, everyone goes home happy. The issue at hand is there was nothing convincing about the way Bryan was eliminated. Come on, you have one of the most over superstars of all time eliminated by a tackle from Bray Wyatt midway through the match after being out of action for half a year? I think the fans wanted to see more than that.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 26, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
It certainly could have been done differently but I don't think as a result of a poorly put together match that everyone should hate and boo Reigns.

I think you are missing the point here, which is that Reigns is not ready and the fans know it. This is two years in a row that he has been annointed through the rumble, and the second time around the magic is gone. He is no longer the Shield powerhouse, the anti hero. Now everyone sees him as the guy that WWE is obviously trying to put on top, and there are more worthy names for that title. Reigns may take the next step sometime in the next couple years and round out his mic game, but it is not there right now. What does it say when the Rock cant even put you over?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 07:41 AM)
I think you are missing the point here, which is that Reigns is not ready and the fans know it. This is two years in a row that he has been annointed through the rumble, and the second time around the magic is gone. He is no longer the Shield powerhouse, the anti hero. Now everyone sees him as the guy that WWE is obviously trying to put on top, and there are more worthy names for that title. Reigns may take the next step sometime in the next couple years and round out his mic game, but it is not there right now. What does it say when the Rock cant even put you over?

Amen..............truly is simple as that. VKM needs to go.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 09:16 AM)
I dont even totally agree with this. VKM needs a challenge

VKM has had a challenge since WCW closed and failed badly overall. Ratings are half what they were in 2006 today. Authority angle running since 1997 it's 2015. VKM trying to force Reigns down fans throat like he did Cena no dice. The WWE Network interview with Stone Cold showed how out of touch he is with today's audience. VKM best days are long gone.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
VKM has had a challenge since WCW closed and failed badly overall. Ratings are half what they were in 2006 today. Authority angle running since 1997 it's 2015. VKM trying to force Reigns down fans throat like he did Cena no dice. The WWE Network interview with Stone Cold showed how out of touch he is with today's audience. VKM best days are long gone.

I assume you mean he has NOT had a challenge since they bought WCW? Which is exactly my point

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
I wonder if Brock has something to do with the booking. Brock has been built up as unstoppable. I can see him refusing to lose to a guy like Bryan, Ziggler, or Ambrose.

Brock is there to collect his paycheck. I really doubt he cares who he loses to especially if this is his last match.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:14 AM)
I assume you mean he has NOT had a challenge since they bought WCW? Which is exactly my point

His challenge is having a excellent wrestling promotion and not get lazy and keep a audience, which he has failed at. Pro wrestling was drawing a 9.0 rating combined during Monday Night war. Today RAW gets a 3.0 rating VKM is touting that as a great week. Where did all those fans go not to WWE, they quit watching wrestling period. WWE since blowning the invasion angle has been in a very steep deep decline.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
His challenge is having a excellent wrestling promotion and not get lazy and keep a audience, which he has failed at. Pro wrestling was drawing a 9.0 rating combined during Monday Night war. Today RAW gets a 3.0 rating VKM is touting that as a great week. Where did all those fans go not to WWE, they quit watching wrestling period.

So you are saying that Vince does his best work when there is a legitimate challenge from another promotion? Weird, thats what i was thinking and saying too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
So you are saying that Vince does his best work when there is a legitimate challenge from another promotion? Weird, thats what i was thinking and saying too

I am saying VKM is out of touch with audience. VKM claims he listens to what the fans want BS. He thinks fans are idiots and no matter what he puts out fans should bow down to the master because he knows what is best for fans. Lex Express. Batista and Reigns winning RR just a few examples many more..

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Can't get it to work on my tablet, care to summarize.

There's a lot to summarize. Point out the mistakes in booking by WWE and how Reigns doesn't deserve to be boo'd. He's not like Batista. He's been working on the road for almost 3 years.

There's a lot more.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
There's a lot to summarize. Point out the mistakes in booking by WWE and how Reigns doesn't deserve to be boo'd. He's not like Batista. He's been working on the road for almost 3 years.

There's a lot more.

I dont think Reigns was being booed as much as Creative was. People wanted refunds and were cancelling because of the decision making, not because of Reigns. He just happened to be the sacrificial lamb.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I dont think Reigns was being booed as much as Creative was. People wanted refunds and were cancelling because of the decision making, not because of Reigns. He just happened to be the sacrificial lamb.

Correct.