Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Looks like Cena won't be halting Rusev's momentum at Mania...it'll happen at Fast Lane!

The only question is how long Rusev stays in the "got punked by the Cena train" doghouse. Bray is still mostly in there, but he is starting to come out

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
The only question is how long Rusev stays in the "got punked by the Cena train" doghouse. Bray is still mostly in there, but he is starting to come out

Cena passing out in the camel clutch at Mania would go wonders for Rusev.

Lesnar vs. Reigns and HHH vs. Sting are the only locked in stone matches for Mania, but Cena vs. Rusev was planned, and the heavy Wyatt protection leads one to believe Undertaker is coming back. Also planned was Orton vs. Rollins, so Bryan was not even figured into the top five matches on the show. We were flat out told there was no chance of Bryan being added and making it a three-way, because Vince McMahon felt that already was done last year. Bryan and Ziggler set up a match on Twitter, and that wasn’t fooling around, but the actual plan, so that’s the top six right there. That lets them be happy because they’ll have a shot at having the best match on the show if they don’t have their time sliced. Throw in the Battle Royal, a Divas match and you may get a tag title or something else but that’s pretty much the top of the card.

Wrestling Observer.

Guessing Dean wins the battle royale.

Meltzer speculation

The next few weeks will be interesting. The key is what happens at the next few TV’s. In the fans’ eyes, Lesnar was turned last week and the Rumble match, where he dominated, only made him that much more of a face. There is the obvious easy answer to do a flip before Mania, where Heyman (who was praising Reigns heavily on television) turns and use Heyman’s talking as part of Reigns act as a heel champion for a year, or however long, leading to the inevitable split, somewhat similar to how C.M. Punk’s story played out. Then again, if Reigns is top heel and champion, because he’s the real guy in the company’s mind because of how he looks, he’s walking around with HHH and Stephanie, not Heyman. Or you could do the flip at Mania. That would be better since it’s the bigger stage and also, provided Lesnar stays, gives you a solid series of potential foes for Reigns as champion–Lesnar (for a big show), Cena, Bryan, Ambrose and Orton, and even Rollins.

Who does a face champion Reigns have to face? Show? Kane? Rusev? Rollins? Wyatt, who himself is a half face anyway and almost has to lose to Undertaker? The list isn’t as strong to say the least, and that also requires protecting Rusev from losing in the Cena program, and with Cena having lost to Lesnar, never getting the win, because he’s still the biggest revenue mover, it’s one thing for Cena to lose to Rusev at Fast Lane since everyone will forget it a week later. It’s very different for him to lose at Mania. The thing is, the fans may force the double turn because we’ve got nearly two months before the show. In 2008 they forced it with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and big show, and last year they forced the Batista turn. As noted, the big difference is with Floyd, it didn’t matter, he was a one-shot deal, and with Batista, it did change the dynamic of his last run but it was near the end of his career. With Reigns, this is their guy to carry the company for years. But if they make him the next Cena in demeanor, as his interview on Raw indicated is the direction, that will be a double problem. First, it’s a huge mistake to have the new top guy be a copy of the old one. Second, he’s a different guy. What he is he hasn’t been able to truly show on TV. But if people don’t buy it’s him, it’s a tough road.

WWE has reportedly started a new policy regarding dating among in-ring talents, office workers, and production workers. Per the rule, on-air talents are not allowed to date WWE office workers or production workers.

The new policy was made because WWE reportedly does not want the talent interacting with other company personnel beyond a professional standpoint. However, rule apparently does not apply to on-air talents dating each other.

Per 411 mania

Reports are Hey man might turn on Brock to align with Reigns...That makes a ton of sense to me. Reigns, while he has gotten better on the mic, still isn't that good on it. Brock is probably gonezo after Mania, and Heyman is awesome and needs to stay on TV so putting him with Reigns would be awesome.

From there they could perhaps either continue to get Rock involved (by advising him to stay away from Paul) setting up Reigns vs Rock. Or perhaps Heyman goes after the authority looking for more power (which I have had a feeling might happen at some point) setting up Reigns vs Rollins.

......or it could flake out like Heyman with Ryback (wasn't THAT bad), Axel, or Cesaro.

Done right I could really get behind this.

Kinda hate that my bro told me the rumor because it kinda spoils all the fun....and with that, because I'm an asshole like my bro, I hope I have ruined it for you.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
Surely I can't be the only one who loves Lucha Underground.

You're not. LU is great. The hour just flies by and leaves me wanting more.

Wish the announcers were better, though. Vampiro makes Tazz seem like Heenan by comparison.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Reports are Hey man might turn on Brock to align with Reigns...That makes a ton of sense to me. Reigns, while he has gotten better on the mic, still isn't that good on it. Brock is probably gonezo after Mania, and Heyman is awesome and needs to stay on TV so putting him with Reigns would be awesome.

From there they could perhaps either continue to get Rock involved (by advising him to stay away from Paul) setting up Reigns vs Rock. Or perhaps Heyman goes after the authority looking for more power (which I have had a feeling might happen at some point) setting up Reigns vs Rollins.

......or it could flake out like Heyman with Ryback (wasn't THAT bad), Axel, or Cesaro.

Done right I could really get behind this.

Kinda hate that my bro told me the rumor because it kinda spoils all the fun....and with that, because I'm an asshole like my bro, I hope I have ruined it for you.

What sites are reporting this? Wade Keller floated it as an idea on Stone Cold's podcast, but it was him brainstorming and making the conclusion you did about one of Reigns weak points being the mic.

The booking of the Royal Rumble PPV shows that Vince McMahon is completely out of touch with what the fans want.

Dino Zee: FACT – This is an easy Fact. No, he’s not out of touch because Daniel Bryan lost. He’s not out of touch because Roman Reigns won. He’s out of touch because Daniel Bryan (the huge crowd favorite) was out of there in like 15-20 minutes, and unceremoniously tossed. He’s out of touch because the last like 10 guys in the ring were “Dean Ambrose and a s***load of hosses.” He’s out of touch because he thinks top level, badass faces-in-progress should act like middle school kids who spit weak game at older chicks and say things like “suffering succotash.” He’s out of touch because Kane and Big Show, in the year 2015, are the two big enforcer heels on the roster. He’s out of touch because he doesn’t understand why any of the above might not set the world on fire for his fanbase. I love Vince McMahon. He’s given me a lifetime of wrestling action that I’ve loved for the most part. But he’s really, really starting to show his age, and just how out of touch he is with us. But then again, anyone who remembers Paul Burchill knows that this isn’t really news.

Mike Hammerlock: FICTION – Don’t get me wrong, Vince McMahon is completely out of touch with what fans want, but we knew that. That is not news and the Rumble shouldn’t be treated like it was some revelatory moment that proves Vince is shooting creative blanks. Pick any point during the 2010s and you can see the madness of King Vincent at work. What the Royal Rumble PPV shows is that Vince McMahon has become completely petulant. He doesn’t give a damn about the feedback he gets from his audiences or via social media (where WWE Facebook fans panned Reigns’ Rumble win by a 3-to-1 margin). We’re all in the Kiss My Ass Club. The notion that the WWE offers an interactive experience where the fans are not just part of the show, but play an essential role in determining where the story goes is what’s just about dead in the wake of the Rumble. Go back in time 10, 15, 20 years and Vince at least would have given himself the option of calling an audible if a shaky proposition like Reigns got buried by the audience. Not now. No more listening and adjusting.

Per 411 wrestling

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 29, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
What sites are reporting this? Wade Keller floated it as an idea on Stone Cold's podcast, but it was him brainstorming and making the conclusion you did about one of Reigns weak points being the mic.

Couldn't even tell ya, I typically avoid "insider" sites because I wanna be surprised. I know my bro goes on pwi insider and cageside seats or something like that.

The more I think about it I really hope its true. Makes a ton of sense if they wanna keep Paul around, which I hope they do. And it would make sense to do it with him and not Bryan or Ambrose. Ziggler with Heyman could have been intriguing but he's already over.

Lisa Marie Varon will be leaving her Chicago restaurant The Squared Circle. She is moving to the West Coast and wrote on Twitter that her husband and a friend will keep running the restaurant while she’s gone. She hasn’t been seen at the building in months by regulars after she used to appear often. She would hang out with fans when in town. At one point, patrons were told she went on vacation in California and “never came back”.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer via Wrestlezone

She was very nice to fans the times I was there.

Edited by Soxfest