Official Squared Circle Thread

The way I look at it, it is a soap opera for a guy. My wife watches All My Children and b****es and complains that the show reuses storylines and characters never die and it is ridiculous, but she still enjoys it because sometimes they do surprise her.

I like what WWE has going on right now as well, I think Vince feels somewhat pressured to respond to TNA right now, but it is nowhere near the Monday Night Wars and I dont know if it will ever be. Hogan did exactly what we all expected him to and just pulled the same WCW tricks and expected them to work, but to a dramatically smaller audience who knew what happened before. Its pretty disappointing to me that Bischoff isnt doing anything different, I expected better out of him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
agreed, if only they get hogan out of the way

Not happening. And there are plenty of guys people have wanted "out of the way" for years. I personally like Hogan, and hope he stays.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 07:12 AM)
I just read the spoilers for next week's Impact and I have to say, there are a couple interesting twists.

Not going to reveal anything here (the spoilers are easy to find online), but there's enough there for me to definitely tune in.

I see what you are saying. Sadly there are still a few old tricks mixed in like

Bischoff getting his head shaved

I still think The Band is going to pretend feud for a while then join with Hall and Young

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 07:31 AM)
I see what you are saying. Sadly there are still a few old tricks mixed in like

Bischoff getting his head shaved

I still think The Band is going to pretend feud for a while then join with Hall and Young

I agree about the darkened part of your post (so stupid) and the Nasty Boys/3D feud continuing as stupid old tricks. (although they did

add Brother Runt to the mix

, so THAT makes it great.)

The only question is, when will Hogan and Bischoff join them and force Dixie to align herself with Jarrett, Foley, etc.?

I REALLY hope they can resist the urge to re-play the nWo angle, but I doubt that they can.

I still dont understand why they are pre-taping impact. If they are going head to head with RAW, it is honestly the stupidest thing they could possibly do right now. We just read the entire show spoilers. It is going to let people decide a week ahead of time whether they want to tune in or not, and if the show is bad people wont tune in "to see what happens".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
I still dont understand why they are pre-taping impact. If they are going head to head with RAW, it is honestly the stupidest thing they could possibly do right now. We just read the entire show spoilers. It is going to let people decide a week ahead of time whether they want to tune in or not, and if the show is bad people wont tune in "to see what happens".

Yeah, it's a lazy move that's probably going to cost them, unless they load up the pre-taped shows and the spoilers make people want to tune in.

But more likely it's going to chase people away when they see a Nasty Boys match on the card, followed by another drunken appearance from The Bland, followed by 10 minutes of arguing over a Hall of Fame ring from the opposing company.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
FWIW, SpikeTV expects the rating to go up once the DVR ratings are accounted for. They believe a "significant portion" of the audience DVR'd the show.

Outside of 24 and live sports, every single show I watch is on DVR, so they would be smart to wait for those viewings to include in the ratings.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)

Agree 100%. It is almost as if they are putting a rerun head to head with RAW since we will already know the results.

If they have to tape the shows, don't go head to head.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
Really, how much can TNA realistically expect out of the DVR numbers? .1 or .2?

also, if that stays a trend, their advertisers aren't going to be thrilled that people are DVR'ing it and skipping the commercials.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 07:10 AM)

I disagree. People are going to read that Styles v Hardy is the main event and that will make them tune in, regardless of who the winner is. That's the ROH model and it works for them.

also..... not everyone reads the spoilers - there's a lot that don't.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
I disagree. People are going to read that Styles v Hardy is the main event and that will make them tune in, regardless of who the winner is. That's the ROH model and it works for them.

also..... not everyone reads the spoilers - there's a lot that don't.

Well unless you're at the show you have no choice but to do it that way when watching ROH shows. It's usually like 3-4 weeks before it hits DVD.

With a couple notable exceptions, I'm interested in the Destination X pay-per-view:

TNA World Heavyweight Title Match

Abyss vs. AJ Styles

NOT interested

X Division Title Match

Shannon Moore vs. Doug Williams

NOT interested

Tag Team Title Match

Beer Money vs. Matt Morgan & Hernandez

(This should be a solid match)

Ultimate X Match for #1 Contendership to the TNA Tag Titles

Generation Me vs. The Motor City Machineguns

(This match could steal the show, unless the next one does)

Ladder Match

Amazing Red vs. Kazarian vs. Daniels vs. Brian Kendrick

Scott Hall & Sean Waltman vs. Kevin Nash & Eric Young

If Hall & Waltman win, they earn TNA contracts. If they lose, they have to leave TNA.

REALLY, REALLY NOT interested

Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson

(I think this will be a good match as well)

Unless Hogan and Bischoff make the backstage segments all about them, or they do s***ty momentum-killing, screwjob-ending run-ins (which are all but guaranteed in the title match and The Bland match), this could be a really good PPV.

Edited by The Critic