Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 06:34 AM)
lol Bret Hart couldnt sell that broken leg to save his life.

"which leg is broken? which side do i put the crutch on? "

SURPRIIIIISE!!! IT WAS NEVER REALLY BROKEN!!!!

.....yeah, no s***.....

:bang

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
SURPRIIIIISE!!! IT WAS NEVER REALLY BROKEN!!!!

.....yeah, no s***.....

We all knew how it was gonna turn out, but I still liked the reveal. Vince turning around and seeing the cast on the table.

Critic, I know you don't agree, but Flair again last night going nuts was awesome. He still has it on the mic.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
We all knew how it was gonna turn out, but I still liked the reveal. Vince turning around and seeing the cast on the table.

Critic, I know you don't agree, but Flair again last night going nuts was awesome. He still has it on the mic.

You're right, I don't agree. I hate Hysterical Flair. It's like he never got over that "mental ward" skit they made him do in wCw.

its stupid for tna to go live before wrestlemania, duno what they were thinking. These storylines are the best the wwe will offer all year. I meani n next few months we get all gimmicky ppvs like the new ppv "MONEY IN THE BANK"

why not go up against that

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
its stupid for tna to go live before wrestlemania, duno what they were thinking. These storylines are the best the wwe will offer all year. I meani n next few months we get all gimmicky ppvs like the new ppv "MONEY IN THE BANK"

why not go up against that

TNA went live the week before & only did slightly better. Stop fooling yourself, the TNA product is no better than the WWE at this point.

Just read that Impact on Monday never topped 1.0 for any quarter-hour period, and the .8 was the lowest Impact rating since 2006, when it was a one-hour show in the later time slot.

Ouch.

Highest 1/4 hour rating = Q4 - .96 for the Beautiful People and Hogan calling out Sting.

Lowest 1/4 hour rating = Q8 - .72 for the AJ Styles/Jeff Hardy match, rising a little to .74 when Flair took his big bump during the over-run.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Just read that Impact on Monday never topped 1.0 for any quarter-hour period, and the .8 was the lowest Impact rating since 2006, when it was a one-hour show in the later time slot.

Ouch.

Highest 1/4 hour rating = Q4 - .96 for the Beautiful People and Hogan calling out Sting.

Lowest 1/4 hour rating = Q8 - .72 for the AJ Styles/Jeff Hardy match, rising a little to .74 when Flair took his big bump during the over-run.

Wait til Monday NIght Football returns in the fall. Impact will take an even bigger hit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
Wait til Monday NIght Football returns in the fall. Impact will take an even bigger hit.

Yeah, but to be fair, Raw will too. I imagine more "casual fans" watch WWE than TNA to begin with.

To thud like this at the start of the "New War" is embarrassing, but TNA is putting on a brave face. There are reports floating out there saying that TNA and Spike expected low ratings at the start because of WrestleMania. If that's the case, why not wait until AFTER Mania to move to Monday nights? If they really took Mania into account and made the move anyway, that's just dumb. There's no traction to be gained from steadily sinking ratings immediately following a much-celebrated move to "TAKE ON THE WWE HEAD TO HEAD". All it does is make TNA look weak.

Yeah, but to be fair, Raw will too. I imagine more "casual fans" watch WWE than TNA to begin with.

To thud like this at the start of the "New War" is embarrassing, but TNA is putting on a brave face. There are reports floating out there saying that TNA and Spike expected low ratings at the start because of WrestleMania. If that's the case, why not wait until AFTER Mania to move to Monday nights? If they really took Mania into account and made the move anyway, that's just dumb. There's no traction to be gained from steadily sinking ratings immediately following a much-celebrated move to "TAKE ON THE WWE HEAD TO HEAD". All it does is make TNA look weak.

Exactly, WWE is fire right now, even im semi-enjoying its product. I have no idea what's going on on TNA but I know they wont revert to complete s*** in a month or two like the WWE will. Why not just wait a month, then boom hit it hard !

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Exactly, WWE is fire right now, even im semi-enjoying its product. I have no idea what's going on on TNA but I know they wont revert to complete s*** in a month or two like the WWE will. Why not just wait a month, then boom hit it hard !

Im actually thinking after Mania, when a lot of the superstars take time off, we will start seeing the NXT guys in the mix and some of the callups that everyone has been hearing about like Dibiase and Hennig and the Hart kids. I actually am looking forward to that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Im actually thinking after Mania, when a lot of the superstars take time off, we will start seeing the NXT guys in the mix and some of the callups that everyone has been hearing about like Dibiase and Hennig and the Hart kids. I actually am looking forward to that.

That would be great, actually. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of "off-season" for the older guys, to rest their old bones and give some new guys a shot on the major shows. Not sure how paranoid guys would be about "their spots", but as a viewer I'd like to see something new.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
That would be great, actually. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of "off-season" for the older guys, to rest their old bones and give some new guys a shot on the major shows. Not sure how paranoid guys would be about "their spots", but as a viewer I'd like to see something new.

They have to do something with the NXT crew, and they have to see what they have in some of the FCW guys as well. It makes sense, it(after Mania) is when you see the most guys in WWE take off time, we already know Taker and HBK are taking time off, they have been talking about Cena having a herniated disc for a while now, Orton has been on TV for a long time without a break, Stephanie is having another baby so HHH will be taking time off soon and recently WWE dropped a lot of dead weight off their roster. I could see it happening.

Everyone knew the Nash heel turn was coming, but t he execution of it during the match was awful. You could see it coming 5 minutes before it happened. Crowd didn't care.

Great idea by TNA to NOT book RVD for their PPV! Why would you want the most over guy you have on the show? Where is Samoa Joe? A heel Joe vs. RVD match? I may actually watch that and I'm far from a Joe fan.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Everyone knew the Nash heel turn was coming, but t he execution of it during the match was awful. You could see it coming 5 minutes before it happened. Crowd didn't care.

Great idea by TNA to NOT book RVD for their PPV! Why would you want the most over guy you have on the show? Where is Samoa Joe? A heel Joe vs. RVD match? I may actually watch that and I'm far from a Joe fan.

RVD even showed up, because he thought the 22nd was Sunday (marajawonna's BAD, mmmmkaaaayyy?), so TNA had him in the building and STILL didn't use him.

And they couldn't use Joe, cuz he's still KIDNAPPED, remember???

Stupid.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
The 8 tag match with the Knockouts was actually pretty god.

Damnit, Velvet! Why can't we meet so I can be too afraid to talk to you?

Yeah, it was better than most Knockout matches since Gail and Kong are gone.

And when Lacey and I meet, neither one of us would be able to speak. Me from nerves and her.....well, she can NEVER speak too well.

:lol:

Edited by The Critic