Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Mr. Anderson was in WCW?

I automatically thought Arn Anderson because of the 4 horseman. If it is Ken Anderson, well, he still wasnt all that exciting for me ;)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
I automatically thought Arn Anderson because of the 4 horseman. If it is Ken Anderson, well, he still wasnt all that exciting for me ;)

Agree about Ken, disagree about Arn. When I was a kid, he was one of those guys that made me think wrestling was legit. All his moves looked good, great talker. He only lacked a look.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
Agree about Ken, disagree about Arn. When I was a kid, he was one of those guys that made me think wrestling was legit. All his moves looked good, great talker. He only lacked a look.

Im talking about late WCW arn anderson, post neck surgery

Got my Mania ticket a few days ago..... couldn't believe they were still available on TM. Could've even been 5 rows from the ring had I wanted to drop the $750. As it stands, I'm in the Club Level, row 2, at the 50-yd line.

And I'm going to the Dragon Gate show on Sat - wanted to go to the ROH show but I'm opting for the Sox instead in Tucson.

anyone else going?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
Got my Mania ticket a few days ago..... couldn't believe they were still available on TM. Could've even been 5 rows from the ring had I wanted to drop the $750. As it stands, I'm in the Club Level, row 2, at the 50-yd line.

And I'm going to the Dragon Gate show on Sat - wanted to go to the ROH show but I'm opting for the Sox instead in Tucson.

anyone else going?

Have fun Sunday. I'm expecting a lot from Mania this year. I'm really digging the card and the hype with all the matches, except Sheamus/HHH which will be my pee break match since no diva match this year.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)

anyone else going?

Have fun man, I was at WM 13. Not the most memorable Mania but it had probably my favorite match of all time (Hart/Austin). This years should be good.

Also, I'd like to know how a Dragon Gate show is. I keep seeing that they run shows at the Congress Theatre every now & then.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Was that Kelly Kelly throwing out the first pitch at the Sox-Dbacks game today? I only saw a quick glimpse as they were wrapping up the game and it sure looked like her.

I missed it personally, but from what was reported (and what I heard) yes it was her.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)

anyone else going?

Ive been to Wrestlemania 17 and Wrestlemania 25 and it was a blast both times..

If you've never been to one before, its gonna be a great time.. you going to axxess? A lot of cool s*** to do there..

If HBK/Taker 2 is anything like the first one, youll be pumped..

Here are a couple tidbits I saw on wrestlezone..

The following is a recent tweet from the official Twitter page of Bill Goldberg:

"Yes, I am in negotiations with the WWE. Looks like ole Hogan and TNA missed the boat. Shame for the fans they didn't even try. Anyone got any issues on the TNA side I suggest you bring it up with them. Truth is I never thought I'd even consider it...then came my son. No one said I'd wrestle but the door is open to again."

I heard they were working with him but for some promotional reasons and not for wrestling, I dunno if him coming back would be anything special anyways..

Matt sent along the following: Big fan of the site. Kelly Kelly threw out the first pitch of Wednesday's spring training game between the White Sox and Diamondbacks.

Yes, that was Kelly Kelly throwing out the pitch.

On how long he intends to continue wrestling: "At this stage of the game, I'm doing the best work of my career and I feel physically great and mentally great, so there's no reason to think about stopping now. We'll see what happens, but for right now, I see no end in sight. But who knows, tomorrow I can wake up and give you a whole different story. But when I left, I said I wasn't going to come back until I felt like I could be better than ever, and I think the work I'm doing is the best of my career and I want to continue to do just that for as long as I can."

Good news to me, I always wondered how long he was going to stick around this time.. the longer the better, im loving Jericho..

From what I read about Goldberg, they are planning to do a WCW "wing" hall of fame next year, which is why Goldberg is negotiating with WWE. Of course a DVD and promotions comes along with it, and I am sure Goldberg will spear someone along the line at an event. I really doubt that he will come back for much of a program though.

It is strange to read that Goldberg is so open to wrestling again though. I thought his final faceoff against Brock ruined that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 06:39 AM)
From what I read about Goldberg, they are planning to do a WCW "wing" hall of fame next year, which is why Goldberg is negotiating with WWE. Of course a DVD and promotions comes along with it, and I am sure Goldberg will spear someone along the line at an event. I really doubt that he will come back for much of a program though.

It is strange to read that Goldberg is so open to wrestling again though. I thought his final faceoff against Brock ruined that.

The day Bischoff showed up on Raw, I knew anything was possible in this business.

I would probably pop for a Goldberg run in on Sunday.

Goldberg could be a great heel if he wanted to, especially in WWE. He just loved being the face in WCW and could never grasp the concept of being a heel. WWE fans dont like him, if he ever came back I think he could have a good run as a heel

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
I'd also love to see Goldberg. My favorite wrestler moves wise from WCW only because he was so intense and huge and used nothing but high impact moves. Still mad that he injured the Hitman though.

Are you kidding? He had two moves, and both depended almost entirely on the opponent selling them to even make them look good.

I believe it was William Regal who no-sold a whole match against Goldberg to make him look like the talentless asshole he was.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Are you kidding? He had two moves, and both depended almost entirely on the opponent selling them to even make them look good.

I believe it was William Regal who no-sold a whole match against Goldberg to make him look like the talentless asshole he was.

Yup, I remember seeing that match and feeling awkward. Regal was fired after it.

I never liked Goldberg, but would simply pop for him just because it would be a shock and something exciting. I still think Goldberg's run in the E was bad because of the way he was introduced. It should of been a shock, not hyped on WM 19.

Regal potatoed Goldberg to boot. LOL one of the many reasons I love Regal, his mean streak.

Good Lord he was in horrible shape when he was in WCW though. He looks like Adonis now compared to what he looked like then

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
Regal potatoed Goldberg to boot. LOL one of the many reasons I love Regal, his mean streak.

Good Lord he was in horrible shape when he was in WCW though. He looks like Adonis now compared to what he looked like then

He looked like Adorable Adrian Adonis when he was in wCw.

:D

LOL "Steve" Regal really no sold that whole match. And you could tell Goldberg was confused and pissed throughout the entire match. They must have told him it was a squash and he walked into a wrestling match

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 25, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)

Nope. That spin kick for no good reason. Punches, spears and jackhammers. Other than when Bret Hart, CJ, Malenko, and Benoit did it, I wasn't really a fan of technical wrestling.