Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 04:20 AM)
I dont know if I should believe this or not, but Wrestlezone is saying that Swagger cashed in the MITB on Smackdown and is now the World Heavyweight Champion..

I got a text last night saying to check the spoilers because I'd be pleaed, but I was gonna wait until the show hit the internet Friday morning....

Thanks Jerk!

All jokes aside, I was glad he was finally getting a push but this is Sheamus type fast. Pretty sure they're trying to build new stars with HBK being gone & Undertaker taking the next few months off.

Edited by MHizzle85

Ric Flair is losing his f***ing mind. He really needs to settle down or go away:

According to ProWrestling.net, Ric Flair and Orlando Jordan's new on-air male companion got into a confrontation at a bar after the Impact tapings on Tuesday night.

According to the report, Flair saw the male companion dancing at the bar and got so upset at him being there and being in the TNA locker room in general that he got in the guys face and verbally unleashed on him.

Apparently Jordan's male companion was so shaken by the exchange that he decided to just leave the bar.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
Ric Flair is losing his f***ing mind. He really needs to settle down or go away:

According to ProWrestling.net, Ric Flair and Orlando Jordan's new on-air male companion got into a confrontation at a bar after the Impact tapings on Tuesday night.

According to the report, Flair saw the male companion dancing at the bar and got so upset at him being there and being in the TNA locker room in general that he got in the guys face and verbally unleashed on him.

Apparently Jordan's male companion was so shaken by the exchange that he decided to just leave the bar.

Kayfabe

Seriously though, I wanna see that promo in the ring.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
Kayfabe

Seriously though, I wanna see that promo in the ring.

If it was anyone but Flair, I'd think it was kayfabe, too.

But he's been off his nut for so long I can believe anything that's written about him.

Good news about Luger

www.rajah.com

In a video promoting the upcoming Promolast Atlanta Reunion Pro Wrestling Fanfest on June 4th and 5th, Lex Luger answered fans' questions regarding the level of exercise he can do at this stage of his life after suffering a debilitating spinal stroke which led to temporary paralysis.

Regarding his health, the three-time world champion says he has fully recovered as he is able to work out at gym just as he did before, though with less weight. His daily routine also includes cardio, which he does after lifting weights.

Regarding the possibility of returning to the ring to wrestle again, he said: "I don't think I'll be throwing people from the Torture Rack or bouncing around the ring anymore, but I might step foot in a ring! So, I guess literally, whenever it be in a wrestling ring again, maybe to say hi to the fans and pay my respects or whatever, but I don't know about a wrestling match. But you never know, only the good lord knows that. Never say never on that

Watching Swagger cash in tonight made me sad. Partly because it was at Jericho's expense, and the other is tha MITB has really diminised the world titles. It makes me miss the old days. I would rather have the MITB be for a signed, planned match than someone running out and cashing in after a beat down. When Edge did it, it was cool because nobody was expecting it. Now it is just redundant.

swaggerup.gif

iprxft.jpg

Edited by Brian

Swagger just doesn't have "it". I look at him and I don't see a champ.

That "state of the championship address" was dull and bland and lifeless, and not even Jericho AND Edge could save that segment.

Although I did laugh at Jericho saying "give it back" repeatedly and trying to take the belt off Swagger's waist.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
Watching Swagger cash in tonight made me sad. Partly because it was at Jericho's expense, and the other is tha MITB has really diminised the world titles. It makes me miss the old days. I would rather have the MITB be for a signed, planned match than someone running out and cashing in after a beat down. When Edge did it, it was cool because nobody was expecting it. Now it is just redundant.

I see MITB taking the place of King of the Ring these days, basically giving a giant push to a younger star. Or someone who's completely over.

I wouldn't say it diminishes the titles, the passing around of the titles diminishes it. Seeing that both titles have switched a combined 5 times this year.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
Chris Kanyon is dead.

Apparently a suicide.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10011186.shtml

Enjoyed his work as Mortis and his "Who betta than Kanyon?" gimmick.

The Flatliner is still one of my more favorite finishers.

Here's a video of a bunch of Kanyon's moves, including a lot of Flatliners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7Z-gzRpfw

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Apparently a suicide.

Me too. What's up with all these wrestler's committing suicide?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Me too. What's up with all these wrestler's committing suicide?

He felt we was blacklisted from the business for a long time when he came out. I guess he had some wierd appearances on Stern and was obviously pretty depressed.

Sad. I've had my down times but never low enough to take my own life obviously.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Apparently a suicide.

I also really enjoyed Mortis in WCW

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
Christopher Daniels is gone from TNA. He appeared at Ring of Honor's show over the weekend.

and for a spoiler regarding tonight's Impact,

Tommy Dreamer is rumored to make his TNA debut tonight

Shocking....ly lame

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
Shocking....ly lame

On THIS we can agree 100%.

And they suddenly went to commercial as Rob Van Dam was being tended to after James Storm's VICIOUS attack.

Taz was still speaking as they cut to commercial.

:lolhitting