Official Squared Circle Thread

Punk losing that match is a travesty. Did he win one match in this feud? He comes out looking weak, IMO.

They could of had Punk win, than on SD, Rey gets out of joining SES somehow.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Punk losing that match is a travesty. Did he win one match in this feud? He comes out looking weak, IMO.

They could of had Punk win, than on SD, Rey gets out of joining SES somehow.

He won the match last month to keep his hair.

I honestly think the WWE has no idea what they have in a guy like Punk. They rather pump guys like Cena & Mysterio & give us the same ol' s***.

They continue to book Cena & Mysterio as the underdogs who'll never say die, but guess what? When they're winning all the time, they're not the underdog.

Whether it be making Batista look weak at the end of the I Quit match or having Punk lose his hair in a feud that so far did nothing for either guy.

I seriously doubt Orton was hurt very bad, at all..

Sure he didn't wrestle tonight, but looked perfectly fine when he came out and has also been booked for next months PPV.. less than a month actually..

So I doubt that whatever happened to him, was very serious at all..

I wanna see what Punk looks like now

QUOTE (T R U @ May 25, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I cant believe he agreed to lose this match

I doubt he has Hogan-esque "creative control" written into his contract.

And I'd bet he sees the fun in it. The hair grows back, and he gets to flip out for a few weeks.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 25, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
I cant believe he agreed to lose this match

He didn't. WWE creative pulled the plug on the feud as Mysterio is apparently leaving for a few months to take care of injuries and they wanted him to "win" the feud. I think it kinda kills Punk's heat, but he'll find some way to get it back I'm sure.

It could have stretched all the way to Summerslam......

QUOTE (longshot7 @ May 25, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
He didn't. WWE creative pulled the plug on the feud as Mysterio is apparently leaving for a few months to take care of injuries and they wanted him to "win" the feud. I think it kinda kills Punk's heat, but he'll find some way to get it back I'm sure.

It could have stretched all the way to Summerslam......

If that is the case, it goes against everything from old school wrestling. If a guy is leaving for an injury or whatever, he should be putting the other guy over. So lame.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 25, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
I doubt he has Hogan-esque "creative control" written into his contract.

And I'd bet he sees the fun in it. The hair grows back, and he gets to flip out for a few weeks.

Im sure he doesn't, but I am pretty sure if he told Vince he would really rather not lose his hair im sure that they could have gone another way around it..

And yeah, maybe he does see the fun in it and doesn't care, I don't know.. actually, if he really cared about it that much he prolly would have told them he didn't wanna do it..

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
If that is the case, it goes against everything from old school wrestling. If a guy is leaving for an injury or whatever, he should be putting the other guy over. So lame.

In this day of wrestling its about the money and the popularity.. you almost rarely see the heel win anymore, I mean s*** Batista lost three matches in a row to Cena.. It doesn't really matter if hes leaving or not, he can just lose in the end but come on how is there suppose to be any credibility to that story line if Batista gets buried in every match they have..

QUOTE (Brian @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
Dibiase got a concussion from a simple slap from R-Truth.

Feel bad for him.

1zbgk5f.gif

Jesus Christ!

About the Punk/Mysterio thing. They could've easily booked Punk to win, done some thing where Punk still didn't like him or whatever, jumps him on Smackdown, "injures" him & he takes his time off.

Then when he comes back, he's fighting for his freedom from the SES.

Then again, this kind of stuff makes too much sense...

Raw has gotten better. With HHH out theyr are using younger/newer guys. R-Truth as US champ, Evan Bourne pinned Sheamus in a tag match clean, Harts had a good segment with this new tag team, and I like Ted Dibiase Jr.

Also looks like Daniel Bryan maybe joining the Raw roster. With the intense version of him, I seriously think in time he could be of the mold of Benoit and Eddie where he is a small guy who becomes champion at some point.

Edited by Brian