Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo kyle - I am sorry for way I acted in this thread earlier, I go through some serious mood changes, 95% of time I am very peaceful and overstanding, the past 2 days were part of my 5% lazy piss off mood.

The spoiler is an excellent idea. Good good. :)

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Yo kyle - I am sorry for way I acted in this thread earlier, I go through some serious mood changes, 95% of time I am very peaceful and overstanding, the past 2 days were part of my 5% lazy piss off mood.

We Salukis don't forgive or forget very easily!!!!

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)

It happens. Just remember, its just wrestling, there are far more important things to get pissed at someone for. I just dont think you understand that I want TNA to be better, but from what I saw, I have some serious doubts.

I know it was the first week and all, but that was their shining moment, an entire hour before RAW started, and IMO they laid a big fat stinker in the ring. The part that I thought was the biggest mistake was the feeling that bringing Hogan out at the same time Hart was making his debut was going to steal ratings. Come on, Hogan hasnt been away from the game for 12 years with a chip on his shoulder due to an embarrassing(for Hart) match ending. That entire show should have started with, and revolved around Hogan, and instead we get an X division cage match that ended in a Baton DQ.

The next few weeks are going to show a lot regarding the true direction TNA is going. We already know that WWE is leading into a Hart/McMahon/HBK showdown, what can TNA do to possibly divert attention away from that?

http://rajah.com/base/node/18097

Monday's 3-hour live edition of TNA iMPACT! featuring the debut of Hulk Hogan drew an impressive 1.5 cable rating. The show had an average viewership of 2.2 million, making it the most watched episode of iMPACT! in history.

The hourly ratings were 1.7, 1.4 and 1.2. The highest rated quarter hour of the show was the start of hour 2, featuring the debut of Hulk Hogan. The segment, which went head-to-head against Bret Hart's return to WWE television, drew a 1.9 rating.

- WWE announced on Twitter that actor William Shatner will be the special guest host of Monday Night Raw on February 1st from Nashville, Tennessee. The next month of guest hosts will be:

1/11: Mike Tyson

1/18: Jon Heder & Don Johnson

1/25: James Roday & Dule Hill

2/1: William Shatner

Quarter-hour breakdown for Impact:

Hour 1 – 15min Intervals

Hour 2 – 15min Intervals

Hour 3 – 15min Intervals

Good news = highest ratings they've ever had

Bad news = couldn't bust 2.0 at any time and the third hour was much lower on average.

yeah nasty boyz are complete fail :(

Scott Hall is verging on fail with Nash and Waltman

I actually am happy about Hogan / Bischoff :o They look normal, and are good minds to be running things

Hardy / RVD / Ken Kennedy Possibly should all be cool.

Another dead wrestler under 50 years of age:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/5829.html

- Former WWE Superstar, boxer and politician Tony "Ludvig Borga" Halme was found dead in his apartment at age 47 yesterday.

Borga worked for WWE in 1993 and 1994 and most notably feuded with Lex Luger. After retiring from pro wrestling, he tried MMA out and later served in parliament in Finland from 2003-2007.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 04:06 AM)
Another dead wrestler under 50 years of age:

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/5829.html

- Former WWE Superstar, boxer and politician Tony "Ludvig Borga" Halme was found dead in his apartment at age 47 yesterday.

Borga worked for WWE in 1993 and 1994 and most notably feuded with Lex Luger. After retiring from pro wrestling, he tried MMA out and later served in parliament in Finland from 2003-2007.

Interesting trivia, Halme was Randy Coutures first MMA fight. Couture won by choke in 53 seconds

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I'm guessing Tyson is working with DX and will make Jericho lose.

A Tyson bad guy/good guy swerve???

That would be GROUNDBREAKING!!!

:D

I kind of liked the Miz/MVP segment, although I'd have liked to see a harder edge in MVP's promo.

The words were there (if a little repetitive), but the delivery was a little "off".

I'm liking the Miz a lot lately. He's won me over.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Wow, absolutely terrible show.

That ending with Tyson and DX was really, really weak.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I'm guessing Tyson is working with DX and will mke Jericho lose.

Called it right on the money.

Edited by SoxAce

The MVP / Miz Sequence was entertaining, then they went to Eve vs "Jobber" (Didn't even get an entrance) Katie Lea, whack match, then a 2 minute vince promo (wtf?), then a 5 min terrible main event, with hornswoggle ruining another match

I am very sick of these dx + guest hosts happy endings, these hosts are terrible

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
The MVP / Miz Sequence was entertaining, then they went to Eve vs "Jobber" (Didn't even get an entrance) Katie Lea, whack match, then a 2 minute vince promo (wtf?), then a 5 min terrible main event, with hornswoggle ruining another match

I am very sick of these dx + guest hosts happy endings, these hosts are terrible

They are close to ending the guest hosts(after Mania I believe), and not a second too soon. Jon Heder and Don Johnson, wooooooooohooooooooo.

The Rock and Austin better come back with a vengeance when they finally make their guest host appearances