2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
Ty is all muscle, no endurance.

No CT on the previews. You know he won't be on til near the end. I'm guessing you have to compete against him in the Gulag as a challenge or something and it will be disappointing.

Finally caught up, watched the last 3 episodes last night. Man do I love that f***ing show.

Yeah, for as cocky as Ty seems, he sure as hell b****ed out. At least pretend like you wanna keep fighting, even if your body is dying. I like how all of the Gulags are new & different, instead of just repeating the same ones at the end.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Gonna see him this month.

I'm so jealous! I had tickets for myself and 3 of my friends at the Congress a couple years ago for the SECOND ROW in the front, but my HS decided to schedule our senior banquet on the same night, so I had to sell my tickets. :( And now that he is popular, it's going to be harder to see him.

On Halloween I recorded a five part series on IFC called "The Dead Set" (read the review on Bloody Disgusting, it was posted recently). I'm only through the first episode, but it's definitely in the 28 Days Later mode of running zombies and shaky cinematography. I wouldn't know where someone would pick it up, but it's atleast something to keep you occupied between Walking Dead episodes.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
Umm...so where is Undercover Boss? Why is Amazing Race on my TV? THIS IS BULLs***! Back to the Cowboys game for me I guess.

It just started, but its about the Cubs so its just going to be another national lovefest for them. The 2nd football game pushes the Sunday night lineup back a good amount of time.

Although I enjoyed the second episode of "The Walking Dead" there were quite a few mistakes made. The most obvious was "don't get any on your skin" and that followed by bare hands touching zombie guts a few times.

It was a good episodes. I was sad to see this is only a 6 episode season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Although I enjoyed the second episode of "The Walking Dead" there were quite a few mistakes made. The most obvious was "don't get any on your skin" and that followed by bare hands touching zombie guts a few times.

Yeah...big drop-off from episode 1 to 2 but still worth watching. Onion's AV Club has a nice write up of the episode.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)

Yea that stood out to me as well, pretty bad writing in that one scene imo, but overall still very good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)

well...didn't the black guy in the first episode tell the sherriff that it was only a bite that could transfer the virus????? though one would think rolling in the innerds would do the same thing.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
well...didn't the black guy in the first episode tell the sherriff that it was only a bite that could transfer the virus????? though one would think rolling in the innerds would do the same thing.

Fwiw, he said scratches to.

QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)

Well, yeah he said that and scratched, but about 2 seconds prior to their putting the guts on them, it was stated "don't let any touch your skin" and then two characters came into direct contact with it on purpose with their hands reaching into pockets and distributing guns.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Well, yeah he said that and scratched, but about 2 seconds prior to their putting the guts on them, it was stated "don't let any touch your skin" and then two characters came into direct contact with it on purpose with their hands reaching into pockets and distributing guns.

I noticed, and was bugged by it as well. Although you obviously don't turn zombie from getting blood on your skin.

QUOTE ( @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
What channel is this walking dead on?

The best network on television.

From the AV Club's review:

Another clunky moment from the episode: in the tank, a big deal is made of the fact that Rick gets hold of a grenade. I thought surely he'd use it as part of his big distract-the-zombies-with-noise scheme, but no. It's never mentioned again in the whole episode. It may figure later, but to paraphrase Chekov, if you show me a grenade in the first act, it better explode by the third.

This really bugged me. Like they said, I'm sure it'll play in the future at some point, but if you're going to show a grenade and make a point of it, I want to see some exploded zombies.

Overall, I enjoyed the second episode, but it certainly wasn't up to snuff with the first one. That was expected and I still plan on watching and enjoying the rest of the series. It's hard not to support a zombie TV show that actually has promise and isn't a niche campy flick.

Edited by Felix