2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
I'd give "The Walking Dead" last night a solid A...

I would have given it a higher grade if it weren't for the hokey dialogue from the "gang" they encountered. None of it was believable and sort of annoyed me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
I would have given it a higher grade if it weren't for the hokey dialogue from the "gang" they encountered. None of it was believable and sort of annoyed me.

Agreed, and it seemed like they really went overboard with the Hispanic gangbanger accents. Other than that, it was a great episode. I didn't realize the season was so short, though. I really like that show.

What was with agent Nelson boozing/whoring it up? I mean, why? The part where Chalky just straight choked the guy to death was intense. Also, I'm beginning to dislike Nucky more and more. How do you treat your driver/assistant so badly when the guy just saved your life?

Dexter was great. I especially liked the scene where he roughed up the abusive step-dad. It was cool to see his "dad" finally tell him that he's proud of him, and then having Dexter pass that right along to Astor.

Edited by Milkman delivers

I'm with Sqwert on Walking Dead. The dialogue in every episode (not just those vatos) has been pure cheese. That's why I'm against this second 12-episode season. I wish they had just kept it to this 6-episode season. That would mean more action, less dialogue, more resolution.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
I'm with Sqwert on Walking Dead. The dialogue in every episode (not just those vatos) has been pure cheese. That's why I'm against this second 12-episode season. I wish they had just kept it to this 6-episode season. That would mean more action, less dialogue, more resolution.

I think the pilot was solid all the way around. I don't recall having issues with the dialogue for that one.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
What was with agent Nelson boozing/whoring it up? I mean, why? The part where Chalky just straight choked the guy to death was intense. Also, I'm beginning to dislike Nucky more and more. How do you treat your driver/assistant so badly when the guy just saved your life?

Nelson is so freaking creepy in that show. It was entertaining to see him delve into the dark side though. With the way Nucky treats his assistant, I assume something big might happen with that later in the season. There has to be a reason why they go out of their way to show how badly he treats him.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Yeah, I loved the pilot. But it had no dialogue. Just a bit between the cop and black dude explaining the zombie apocalypse.

But I think the 6 episode season is what is actually hurting the show. They have to cram way more stuff into each episode then they probably want to. At least that's what I've been reading on several blogs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Nelson is so freaking creepy in that show. It was entertaining to see him delve into the dark side though. With the way Nucky treats his assistant, I assume something big might happen with that later in the season. There has to be a reason why they go out of their way to show how badly he treats him.

He's very creepy, yes. I guess it helps that Michael Shannon is a scary-looking dude in the first place.

You make a good point about the possibility of something big happening in regards to the assistant. I've noticed how badly he treats him, but that thought never crossed my mind. He constantly berates him and belittles him in front of others, not to mention the fact that he seems to cockblock him regularly. I don't see him betraying Nucky, though. He seems like a very faithful guy.