2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
Office has actually been pretty good the past two episodes. Dwight's quote to intimidate the rival salesman was classic. Would recommend Huluing them

Andy Bernard will take over where Michael Scott leaves off after Steve Carrell leaves the show.

very bizarre episode of boardwalk empire last night ....anyone want to explain to me what the prohibition agent was doing beating the s*** out of himself with a belt to margarets picture?? some sort of psychosexual david carradine s*** or something????

the jimmy - al dynamic is awesome....the actors that play those 2 guys and the guy who plays said prohibition agent are phenomenal

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
very bizarre episode of boardwalk empire last night ....anyone want to explain to me what the prohibition agent was doing beating the s*** out of himself with a belt to margarets picture?? some sort of psychosexual david carradine s*** or something????

the jimmy - al dynamic is awesome....the actors that play those 2 guys and the guy who plays said prohibition agent are phenomenal

I believe he's very religious, and he's apparently having feelings for Mrs. Schroeder (remember his superior asking "What is this obsession with the Schroeder thing?"). He was punishing himself for having such feelings. I remember him even quoting the Bible after interrogating that guy in the dentist's office.

Couldn't agree more with the Jimmy/Al dynamic. I'm especially liking the Capone character. I don't remember the actor who plays Jimmy from anything, but the guy who plays Capone (Stephen Graham) is from quite a few movies, although in relatively small parts. The biggest part I can recall him in is Snatch as Tommy. When the show first started, I had no idea Capone would be such a major character and I'm very glad he is. The agent (Michael Shannon) has been around for years and was even nominated for an Oscar recently.

I lasted two episodes of "Boardwalk Empire". Everything was telling me I should love that show, but I wound up just being shocked that each episode wasn't over yet. I found it sooooooo boring.

90 MINUTE SOA TONIGHT

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
I lasted two episodes of "Boardwalk Empire". Everything was telling me I should love that show, but I wound up just being shocked that each episode wasn't over yet. I found it sooooooo boring.

When it comes to movies based on organized crime, there are usually two ways to go. One way is to slowly build up with character development and the other is to just have a lot of people get killed. Boardwalk Empire seems to be going with the former, which can definitely seem more boring to a lot of people. It's a major reason why some people don't like (or haven't even seen) any of the Godfather movies.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
I do not know how to react to SOA right now. It is moving and there is plenty of action but it is getting frustratingly dragged out with the Abel thing. I just want them to get the kid and go after Jimmy...the kid thing is getting tiring.

I agree, plus it feels like they're just forcing Gemma down our throats. It's like they're altering the storyline and making it more ridiculous just to work her into the show more and more.

This season seems to be about Gemma, and that is just chapping my ass.