Root for or against the Twins in the playoffs?

VAfan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose....3 and out! ANYTHING that will not take them deeper in the post season and help their revenue for next year. With them having a great farm/developement system, and attendance being great for them this year, the last thing that we need is to have them win, and really boost their spending money on players. Next year is still far away, and they are already the favorites for reasons mentioned above. Them winning it all, is like putting hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place...... (The Backbreakers)

I'm mixed. I'll root for the usual first round exit and hope for a sweep, because that will be hilariously consistent. However, if they make it out of the first round, I can see myself getting behind them because of Thome and the fact that I don't care that much for the remaining AL teams and/or their weakass fanbases (Texas and TB).

Im rooting for the Twins...ahem

We have been beaten by the Yanks in the playoffs because...well...they have been better then us. I wish that wasn't the case but it has been. Our lineup has not been powerful enough and our pitching caves in (Nathan)in the playoffs. Gardy uses his bullpen more then any Manager which gives a couple of more wins a year, but when the playoffs come our bullpen is worn out.

Do I think we have a better shot this year? Yes, but only marginally. Our defense is the most overated part of the team and I'm afraid we will boot the ball at the wrong time. Young is a train wreck in left feild, Cuddy is not a first basemen, Span has been surprisingly below average in CF, Hudson can't turn a DP if his life was in danger...ect. Twins defense is extremly overated. We don't make many errors because we can't get to the bleeping balls.

My prediction: if Twins can avoid playing the Yankees they will go to the WS. If Twins play Yankees, Yankees crush our hearts again.

The biggest misconception on this board when it comes to the Twins is this notion that Gardy is big on hitting guys with pitches. That is not Gardy ball. Sliding too aggressive into bases is Gardy ball, but not nailing guys. Just thought I'd drop that into this discussion.

GO TWINS!!!!

I'd much rather have the last 10 years of the White Sox then the Twins because of the ring in 2005. I don't blame anyone for thinking the Twins for wasting Central Division Champioships because of getting blown out quickly in the playoffs......

so having said that,

let us all bow down our heads and repeat after me.

Oh please GOD

I pray to you

Let my Twins avoid the Yanks.

Blessed are the Rangers who will beat the Yanks

Give strength to the Twins to overcome the Rays speed.

Let the Baby Jesus Mauer rise to defeat the Rangers and take us to the promise land of the World Series,

So we can defeat the Demonic Phillies.

Amen.

Edited by Twinsfan1965

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
I want them to lose... but then again I want them to win so it can shut other posters up who keep bringing up their record in the postseason when they've won 6 division titles in the last decade.

This is actually part of the reason I always root against them. They may be built every year to beat up on the AL Central, but the fact they can't win a series in the playoffs means it is all just bulls*** in the end.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
f*** the Twins. And f*** Danny Valencia. I look forward to him hitting .200 next year.

Valencia will be a .280 -.290 hitter with 10-12 homeruns and 60-70 RBI'S a season. Valencia will be an average fielder.

Valencia takes the pitch to right field too often to become a .200 hitter. Valencia will be a better MLB 3rd baseman then Morel.

QUOTE (Twinsfan1965 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Valencia will be a .280 -.290 hitter with 10-12 homeruns and 60-70 RBI'S a season. Valencia will be an average fielder.

Valencia takes the pitch to right field too often to become a .200 hitter. Valencia will be a better MLB 3rd baseman then Morel.

How the hell do you know Valencia will be better than Morel? You got a crystal ball?

Laughing at the criticism of Gardy wearing out the bullpen.

All fans second guess their managers, folks, even the great Gardy (on here) gets second guessed.

But Ozzie ... he just sucks.

ONly time I would even consider rooting for the Twins is if they were playing the Yankmees. And then I would only consider it. I hate the Twins. I hate how Thome is having the best clutch hitting of his career with them. I hate all the people in the Sox organization that just suck the Twins c**ks all year long about how good they are. I don't care, quit telling me, just go beat them.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)
ide rather see the Yankees sweep the playoffs and win another WS title than see the Twins win ONE game this postseason..

absolutely disgusting for anyone to root for them, in any way..

I'm starting to see the light. f*** the Twins.

The Phillies and Braves have usually been my 2. and 2a. to the Sox. My family has a place in Fl about a 30 min. drive from that s***hole, the Trop, so I guess they (Rays) would be my AL interest by default. The West has a fun story in the Rangers.

I would pull for the Twins for a number of reasons. They're well run and they simply own the White Sox. Jim Thome. They did it without their MVP. They did it NOT playing in their clown tent dome.

I want the Yankees to fall on their face more than I want the Twins to do so.

That said, any of the NL entrants, the Rays, and perhaps the Rangers just for the sake of novelty would recieve my support before the Twins. I just really don't want NY to repeat.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Twinsfan1965 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)

f*** Valencia and all Twins prospects that come through my city of Rochester, NY and do nothing at AAA and then magically produce when called up.

QUOTE (Twinsfan1965 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)

This kids, is what we call a troll.

Hi troll! ^_^

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
How the hell do you know Valencia will be better than Morel? You got a crystal ball?

Laughing at the criticism of Gardy wearing out the bullpen.

All fans second guess their managers, folks, even the great Gardy (on here) gets second guessed.

But Ozzie ... he just sucks.

Greg,

Like I say, I have been reading post on here for more then 2 years and know that you deem any negative comments about a manger a horrific sin. Gardy is a great manager but that desn't mean there can't be any criticism of the man.

Do I have a Crystal Ball...no. but I do have an opinion and it goes like this...Valencia >>>>>>Morel.

Valencia will be an average fielder and will never be as good as Morel with the glove but his bat will be much better then Morel.

QUOTE (Twinsfan1965 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
Valencia will be an average fielder and will never be as good as Morel with the glove but his bat will be much better then Morel.

At least it's a point that can be argued.

Here's my counter-point. Valencia is a guy who came up very slowly through the minors. Both Valencia and Morel have career minor league OPS right around .820. Morel, however, shot upwards; he's putting up .825-.850 OPS in AA and AAA at age 23 this year. At age 23, Valencia was starting the season in high-A ball. Normally, hitting at a higher level at a younger age is an indicator of greater degree of success.

It's actually an interesting comparison the more I look at it. Valencia was putting up decent numbers in AA at age 23, but the Twins took a lot more time with him and kept him down there, despite frankly having a weakness at 3b most of these years. The Sox have been much more aggressive with promoting Morel than the Twins were with Valencia.

I wonder if that is a reflection of how the Twins are able to get these guys who come up and perform right away so often, versus the Sox where we bring up a Beckham or someone like that and have to endure months of struggling.