Wow, an App did it

Texsox

After trying and trying to lose some weight, I downloaded an ap for my new phone that adds up the calories and I've lost 10 pends in a little over 2 weeks. I am down to 216, working on sub 200 as an early goal. I am a little more active, but it really is mostly counting the calories. 1815 per day.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
After trying and trying to lose some weight, I downloaded an ap for my new phone that adds up the calories and I've lost 10 pends in a little over 2 weeks. I am down to 216, working on sub 200 as an early goal. I am a little more active, but it really is mostly counting the calories. 1815 per day.

Congrats, Tex!

I used the Livestrong one for a while, which I enjoyed, because it had basically EVERYTHING you could possibly eat in their database, including brand name stuff and popular restaurants. I highly recommend it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
Congrats, Tex!

I used the Livestrong one for a while, which I enjoyed, because it had basically EVERYTHING you could possibly eat in their database, including brand name stuff and popular restaurants. I highly recommend it.

How clean is the database? I mean will twenty different versions of the same thing pop up with some being more complete than another? That's what i'm starting to get annoyed with this ap.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
How clean is the database? I mean will twenty different versions of the same thing pop up with some being more complete than another? That's what i'm starting to get annoyed with this ap.

There is definitely some redundancy....I didn't find it that annoying though.