Jenks wants to pitch one more time in 2010

southsider2k5

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,0,768802.story

Closer Bobby Jenks would like to pitch in one more game this season for some peace of mind in what could be his final appearance with the White Sox.

"Going into the offseason — whether it's this team or another team — knowing I'm healthy, knowing they don't have to worry about the offseason or coming into spring training with anything on their minds," Jenks said Monday before throwing a bullpen session without discomfort in his right forearm.

Jenks admits he has been frustrated that he suffered ulnar neuritis and hasn't pitched since Sept. 4, just before the Sox fell out of playoff contention and further hurting his chances of returning as an arbitration eligible player.

Jenks hopes that his 15 consecutive save conversions this season will be taken into consideration.

"But I'm on this side of the door," Jenks said. "We don't know what they're thinking or working on. All I can do is just get myself healthy and pitch, and let that do the talking for me."

Register with Chicago Tribune and receive free newsletters and alerts >>

If these are Jenks' final days, he's grateful to be one of five players left who were on the 2005 World Series title team.

"It seemed like that team dismantled fast, in the first place, Jenks said. "So I think they were trying to hold on to as many as possible, and it's just about that time where if it happens, it happens."

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
Anyone think the Sox are keeping Jenks from playing in a game because they want to re-sign him cheap because other teams will worry about his health?

No, if that came to light they'd have gigantic problems. If Jenks was 100% ready to go with no concerns about his health whatsoever, and they still weren't pitching him, he'd be screaming about it at this point.