White Sox New Ticket Pricing Idea

jasonxctf

Hmm....As long as it's not happening to all tickets, I am fine with it. I find it really exciting when I have tickets for months in advance and then find out that it's a great matchup I'll be seeing. But on the other hand, it will suck when I buy tickets for a prime game like Sox/Twins, and it ends up being Garcia vs. Blackburn or something, and then I find out I paid more money for my ticket months earlier than the guy who bought his ticket 15 mins before game time.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
Hmm....As long as it's not happening to all tickets, I am fine with it. I find it really exciting when I have tickets for months in advance and then find out that it's a great matchup I'll be seeing. But on the other hand, it will suck when I buy tickets for a prime game like Sox/Twins, and it ends up being Garcia vs. Blackburn or something, and then I find out I paid more money for my ticket months earlier than the guy who bought his ticket 15 mins before game time.

This is what worries me. I might have missed something, but if I buy tickets at the beginning of the season and then the team tanks, I'll have spent more on tickets than the people that buy these "dynamic" tickets? If this expands to the whole stadium, why would I buy tickets at the beginning of the season (except for games that will sell out quickly)?

Maybe it's not a big %, but it seems like they'd lose some ticket sales in the beginning and hope to make that money up closer to the game...

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
This is what worries me. I might have missed something, but if I buy tickets at the beginning of the season and then the team tanks, I'll have spent more on tickets than the people that buy these "dynamic" tickets? If this expands to the whole stadium, why would I buy tickets at the beginning of the season (except for games that will sell out quickly)?

Maybe it's not a big %, but it seems like they'd lose some ticket sales in the beginning and hope to make that money up closer to the game...

What you are probably going to see is less season tickets being sold because there are so many games against Royals and Indians and other crap teams that there will be soo much overpaying for the seats in the end.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Sep 28, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)

In that case, it's reduced to a gamble -- if the team is doing well, you probably got your tickets cheaper by buying early, and if the team tanks, you paid more for your tickets by buying early. That's really not all that different than the current situation with the secondary market -- i.e., in some cases, you can find tickets for under face value, while in others, you'd have to pay above face value for tickets.

Not sure if lowering ticket prices last minute would bring fans in if the team's out of it, and now it's colder out, and they're playing Cleveland to end it.

I always hated the premium ticket scam--just because the team is the New York Yankees doesn't mean it's going to be a good GAME. I get why Cubs/Sox should be more but...

That said I've been REALLY happy with stubhub this year for buying last-minute tix to games--got some great deals, deals that were nowhere to be found going direct through the Sox/TM.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Sep 29, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Not sure if lowering ticket prices last minute would bring fans in if the team's out of it, and now it's colder out, and they're playing Cleveland to end it.

I always hated the premium ticket scam--just because the team is the New York Yankees doesn't mean it's going to be a good GAME. I get why Cubs/Sox should be more but...

That said I've been REALLY happy with stubhub this year for buying last-minute tix to games--got some great deals, deals that were nowhere to be found going direct through the Sox/TM.

Yankees games are premium tickets for the exact same reason Cubs/Sox are. They are the most popular games that are gonna have the most fans and are games that will sell out no matter what the price. It has nothing to do with the quality of the games or the opponents, just simple supply and demand. Sucks for the fan but thats business.

the sox all season long have done things quite similar with discount codes being all over the internet, on twitter, facebook, etc. this is just another way to get them in the ballpark and make money in other ways(concessions,parking etc). this is just the same as a restaurant giving you a $10 off coupon and you go in and spend $50. the profit margin isn't as great but it is still profit and some profit is better than you staying home and getting no profit at all.