Arnie Munoz

Cali

From Rumblings and Grumblings on ESPN.com:

Winter-ball phenom of the year: 20-year-old White Sox left-hander Arnoldo Munoz (32 IP, 17 H, 63 SO, 9 BB in the Dominican).

"I saw his numbers," said one scout, "and they were like cartoon numbers. But then I saw him, and the guy was unhittable. I don't know where he's been. But he showed an outstanding breaking ball, a Barry Zito-type curveball. He came in there and did it for three innings, too. He was really impressive."

Me likey, hope he has a great ST and makes the club.

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

This guy will be Francisco Rodriguez, from the left side. With Wunsch signed through Arbitration, expect Arnie to spend the year in AAA. Porzio will be gone, now.

dont tell that to cy young porzio :)

to keep in line with my pessimistic personna...KW will probably throw munoz in in the next deal he cooks up:puke

If he's their this season I'll get a good scouting report on him.

The one thing I worry about Munoz is that he's now thrown quite a few combined innings this year and I think its to the point they aught to shut him down and give him a couple months off.

This guy is going to be real good from the left side.

I really think the future left side of our pen is Marte, Munoz, and Ring. Thats really nasty, imo. Then you got Koch, Majewski, Glover, and maybe Almonte from the right side.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Glover? LOL, he won't be here in a few years. 

Glover is a stud. He ain't going anywhere. I love him in the pen.

thats why glover wont be here...if in his first yer of arbitration he is coming off a good season (next year??) he will be shown the door...we arnt gonna play him 3-5 million to pitch middle relief..why do you think we are on this run of drafting relievers???

Ya, thats KW's very wise theory, but I don't see mid relievers getting 3-5 mill with the new salary structure, especially considering a stud like Remlinger gets just a bit over 3 mill a year.

true..and glover is one of KW's boys so he has that going for him...or against him depending on his view of the sox:cool:

I really think the future left side of our pen is Marte, Munoz, and Ring.  Thats really nasty, imo.  Then you got Koch, Majewski, Glover, and maybe Almonte from the right side.

Maybe Almonte? What are you talking about? Almonte is light years ahead of anyone else we got in the pen in the minors. Majewski isnt even close to Edwin. EA will be here next year, I promise. That guy is awesome. Heck, he shoulda been here this year!