ALDS: Rays vs. Rangers

Brian

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Like in 2008 where he was the only guy pitching reliably well down the stretch.

Floyd's final 16 starts of 2008 - 7-4, 4.53 ERA, 1.42 WHIP, 6.7 K/9, 2.4 K/BB

He won some games, but that was because he was bailed out by the offense, not because he was pitching particularly well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Like in 2008 where he was the only guy pitching reliably well down the stretch.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Floyd's final 16 starts of 2008 - 7-4, 4.53 ERA, 1.42 WHIP, 6.7 K/9, 2.4 K/BB

He won some games, but that was because he was bailed out by the offense, not because he was pitching particularly well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
Month-by-month ERAs for Floyd in 2008:

April: 3.16

May: 3.27

June: 3.86

July: 3.34

August: 4.29

September: 4.81

LOL

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
It happens. I still feel like he was the only one who won a bloody game the entire stretch run in 08.

He won almost half of his starts. He kept the team in the game and was a solid #3 starter. I remember that too, and I remember going back and looking at the numbers about a year ago and seeing the same thing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
Holy s***. Desmond Jennings getting the start in RF? Joe Maddon is a strange cat.

Wow. They have a lot of lefties, so I guess he wanted another right handed bat vs. Wilson instead of Pena/Brignac. Still doesn't top the Baldelli decision though IMO. Lucky for Maddon, his "fatigue" creeped up again, so Aybar could take his spot on the roster.

Rays teetering on the edge right now. Down 2-0 in the 5th, two on, one out for the heart of the TEX order, Shields gets pulled for Chad Qualls (worst closer of the 2010 season)

edit: And boom goes the dynamite. Michael Young 3-run blast off Qualls, 5-0 TEX

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
Rays teetering on the edge right now. Down 2-0 in the 5th, two on, one out for the heart of the TEX order, Shields gets pulled for Chad Qualls (worst closer of the 2010 season)

edit: And boom goes the dynamite. Michael Young 3-run blast off Qualls, 5-0 TEX

And that was after a questionable at best call by the 1st base ump saying Young didn't go around on that check swing.

And I know this wasn't an awful start but can we stop pretending James Shields is an elite pitcher. Not talking about anyone here but on ESPN and such. He is nothing more than average.

Matt Garza hasn't pitched since last Thursday and would of rather had him go today after losing Game 1.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
How so?

They are embarrasing the Rays right now.

Just like: Cincy WILL LOSE but not because they don't have talent. Guess what 'esse' they will lose the series because they don't have enough talent.

Dude, you just predicted Texas to go 11-0. That's not comparable to me saying the Reds will probably lose but not from lack of talent. The Phillies are just f***ing better.