ALDS: Rays vs. Rangers

Brian

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Dude, you just predicted Texas to go 11-0. That's not comparable to me saying the Reds will probably lose but not from lack of talent. The Phillies are just f***ing better.

Ya I was overreacting on purpse, semi sarcastic, but Rangers are making the *best* team in the *best* division look like a little b****. :)

Props to them.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
Ya I was overreacting on purpse, semi sarcastic, but Rangers are making the *best* team in the *best* division look like a little b****. :)

Props to them.

Good. I thought you were being serious. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. And I honestly don't think there's a 'best' team in the AL. All 4 teams have legitimate flaws. I think the Rays are a really good team. But since that freakish 32-12 start, they've been rather ordinary. Their offense is average at best (maybe even below average) outside of Crawford/Longoria. And their rotation is nothing to get loud about after Price and Garza (the latter being wildly inconsistent). They do have a great bullpen, though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
And I know this wasn't an awful start but can we stop pretending James Shields is an elite pitcher. Not talking about anyone here but on ESPN and such. He is nothing more than average.

Matt Garza hasn't pitched since last Thursday and would of rather had him go today after losing Game 1.

I haven't watched much ESPN, but every expert I read was questioning Maddon for starting Shields over Garza. Everyone was calling Shields out for being the average pitcher he is.

If I remember correctly, Garza's had a very good track record against the Rangers.

I think Maddon thougth he was at least going to win one game at the Trop.

You'd rather have your better pitcher ready to go on the road against a team he's had success with.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
I was rooting for the Rays as well, but something was missing from them. I'm rooting for the Reds and it's a lack of talent to matchup. Either way, the playoffs should be good. In the end I think the Yankees beat the Phillies in 5 this year.

Whats missing is they can't hit. Third in runs, but 25th in average. Thats why they always get no-hit and 1-hit, they are super streaky. When they get on base, they do a great job of stealing bases, taking extra bases, etc. But they can easily be shut down.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Whats missing is they can't hit. Third in runs, but 25th in average. Thats why they always get no-hit and 1-hit, they are super streaky. When they get on base, they do a great job of stealing bases, taking extra bases, etc. But they can easily be shut down.

They have the most strikeouts of any team ever to make the postseason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)

Batted .247 as a team and with Longoria ailing and facing two lefties.......the Rangers hitting is just to good to be held down.

This is the same as the Yanks/Twins where the Rays are deeper 1-25 than the Rangers but Lee is a postseason god right now and the Rays are not getting the match-ups they needed.

I think the Rays can still come back.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Good. I thought you were being serious. Otherwise I wouldn't have said anything. And I honestly don't think there's a 'best' team in the AL. All 4 teams have legitimate flaws. I think the Rays are a really good team. But since that freakish 32-12 start, they've been rather ordinary. Their offense is average at best (maybe even below average) outside of Crawford/Longoria. And their rotation is nothing to get loud about after Price and Garza (the latter being wildly inconsistent). They do have a great bullpen, though.

It makes one wonder how they managed to win all of those games. So far they are the biggest post season disappointment.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
It makes one wonder how they managed to win all of those games. So far they are the biggest post season disappointment.

My feelings exactly, they are pretty much chockers, can't even get a hit off Colby freaking Lewis, GMAB.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
My feelings exactly, they are pretty much chockers, can't even get a hit off Colby freaking Lewis, GMAB.

Just because you don't know his name doesn't mean he wouldn't have been better than everyone in our rotation except D1. 116 ERA+ on the season, 7th in the AL in strikeouts, 3.72 ERA despite pitching in Texas.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
Why did Washington pull O'Day to let Feliz face Bartlett? Also, every time I watch Feliz, he's extremely unimpressive.

Why did Feliz throw a slider when Jaso couldn't touch his fastball the previous 3 pitches?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Why is Cliff Lee warming up??

They don't have a lot of lefties and yesterday was probably his throwing day if he's on schedule for Tuesday.

That said...the Rangers need to figure out how to win today if they want to set up for the Yankees starting Friday. Lee on Extra rest in game 1 if they finish today. Lee has to wait a couple days if they go to game 5.