ALDS: Rays vs. Rangers

Brian

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
I'm glad my rant sparked Rays to come back in the series.

PS. Still not impressed with Colby Lewis, I've watched him few times this season, yea, he's had a decent year, overall 5.32 lifetime ERA, no thanks.

Not much to go by before this year. Only had 217 1/3 IP before this year. Appears to be one of those late bloomers. And he's been better than "decent" this year: K/9 8.78, BB/9 2.91, HR/9 0.94, FIP 3.55, xFIP 3.93.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
Not much to go by before this year. Only had 217 1/3 IP before this year. Appears to be one of those late bloomers. And he's been better than "decent" this year: K/9 8.78, BB/9 2.91, HR/9 0.94, FIP 3.55, xFIP 3.93.

Here's a good Colby Lewis read from a couple years ago.

Yeah, he could be a fluke, but fluke guys can keep a run going for a full season.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Cliff Lee's a stud. That guy is money in the playoffs!

He is approaching legendary status (if he isn't there already) as far as a post season performer. I also find it interesting that Texas celebrates with gingerale instead of champane in their clinching games cuz of Hamilton's alcohol problems in the past. Pure class by Texas FO.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:46 AM)
He is approaching legendary status (if he isn't there already) as far as a post season performer. I also find it interesting that Texas celebrates with gingerale instead of champane in their clinching games cuz of Hamilton's alcohol problems in the past. Pure class by Texas FO.

Last night Lee broke a couple of records. He tied Walter Johnson for the most consecutive 10+ strikeout performances in road playoff games, and he either tied or snapped Kevin Brown's record for strikeouts in a division series.

And you can legitimately debate whether or not he's the 3rd best pitcher in the playoffs right now.