ALDS: Twins vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really don't see why people want Jim to get a ring with those freaking twins, it would be nice for the guy but come on after this season and what the twins did to us plus our horrible rotating DH....no thanks. i hope they get swept. sorry jim

QUOTE (MEANS @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
i really don't see why people want Jim to get a ring with those freaking twins, it would be nice for the guy but come on after this season and what the twins did to us plus our horrible rotating DH....no thanks. i hope they get swept. sorry jim

Amen! Unless it's a family member of mine, I could really care less if any baseball player wins a WS ring not with the White Sox. For example, if the Sox didn't win in 2005, I would not have cheered for Frank Thomas to win a WS ring with the A's. Isn't that like seeing an ex-girlfriend of yours go on to date Justin Timberlake?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
Amen! Unless it's a family member of mine, I could really care less if any baseball player wins a WS ring not with the White Sox. For example, if the Sox didn't win in 2005, I would not have cheered for Frank Thomas to win a WS ring with the A's. Isn't that like seeing an ex-girlfriend of yours go on to date Justin Timberlake?

I'm totally the opposite. Once the Sox were out, I was cheering for Frank.

per Rotoworld:

Justin Morneau (concussion) has been shut down for the rest of the year.

Morneau did not suffer a setback, the Twins simply decided against rushing him back. The big first baseman suffered a concussion in early July and did not play in a single game beyond the All-Star break. He finished 2010 with a great .345/.437/.618 batting line, 18 homers and 56 RBI over 81 games. Oct. 4 - 12:45 pm et

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
per Rotoworld:

Justin Morneau (concussion) has been shut down for the rest of the year.

Morneau did not suffer a setback, the Twins simply decided against rushing him back. The big first baseman suffered a concussion in early July and did not play in a single game beyond the All-Star break. He finished 2010 with a great .345/.437/.618 batting line, 18 homers and 56 RBI over 81 games. Oct. 4 - 12:45 pm et

I didn't know a concussion could affect someone that much. Sucks for him.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
I didn't know a concussion could affect someone that much. Sucks for him.

There have been baseball players who have had their careers ended by concussions. Football players even more commonly. They'll still have symptoms 10 years later. Hell, if you listen to Troy Aikman as a broadcaster, he'll occasionally just totally lose his train of thought in a way you don't hear from most broadcasters, and that's probably a post-concussion issue.

I actually think the Twins are pretty underrated by pretty much everyone. If they can get over their fear of beating the Yankees, I could see them getting to and winning the World Series with relative ease. Fantastic bullpen, good 1-2 starters, good enough 3-4 starters, and a great lineup.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
I actually think the Twins are pretty underrated by pretty much everyone. If they can get over their fear of beating the Yankees, I could see them getting to and winning the World Series with relative ease. Fantastic bullpen, good 1-2 starters, good enough 3-4 starters, and a great lineup.

Other than the Braves, I think you could make a legitimate World Series argument for any of the other 7 playoff teams. This is a really good field this year. Last year it was pretty cut and dry it would be the Phillies and Yankees.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Other than the Braves, I think you could make a legitimate World Series argument for any of the other 7 playoff teams. This is a really good field this year. Last year it was pretty cut and dry it would be the Phillies and Yankees.

I'm really hoping for a Giants-Phillies NLCS. So.much.starting.pitching.