ALDS: Twins vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
That's too much pitching for me. I'd rather see an offensive juggernaut against a pitching juggernaut. Reds/Giants would be my preference.

Let's be honest, you'd rather see the Colorado Gonzowitzkis take on the Tampa Crawforia's

I think the Twins are going to win this series. I don't really like the Yankees rotation after Sabathia, and I think Pavano and Duensing are pretty underrated by a lot of people, and the Twins have a phenomenal bullpen.

Honestly, I think the Twins are going to win the entire thing. That's a really goddamn good team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
This series is going 5.

Only if New York wins both in New York. I think Duensing going in the opening game in New York is going to be a little scary for him, but if he can get through the first 2 innings or so, I think he'll be fine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
The yanks are the anti-sox facing the twins. Crain comes in, and instead of sitting 3 down in a row he gets knocked out of the game on a freaking moon shot.

The Twins are pretty much the sox in that way. Their players were praising the Yankees players and their organization before the series started, and when they take a lead, it's like they stop and say "Oh s***, this is the Yankees, how are we winning" and pretty much blow chunks afterwards. This series ain't over yet, but once again in this game, the Twins are proving they are the Yankees' b****.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

It's going to be the ultimate match-up for Pavano if the Yanks hold off the Twins and take the 1-0 lead.

This series has gone from looking like a sweep for the Twins to the reverse in the span of 30 minutes or so...with all the momentum shifting.

When it comes down to it, I really can't root for the Twins though. About the only reason I'd like to see them win is for Thome, but it now feels like Philly is going to mow down every team this post-season.

Swisher, Thome, Logan, Javy, Guerrier...quite a few former Sox players involved in this series.

QUOTE (Real @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Gardenhire gets horribly outmanaged in another post season series? Shocker.

Crain has been their best set-up guy all season long. He simply didn't get the job done...story of White Sox relievers for about 6 weeks in the second half.

It's easy to second-guess and say that they could or should have used Fuentes there, but that would be hyper micro-managing.

It will be interesting to see how Pavano and Duensing handle the pressure of the post-season.

At least Twins fans feel how we felt playing them this year. LOL. I didn't expect Liriano to pitch so well. You can just see Twins fans get uneasy anytime someone gets on base even when they have the lead.

If the score holds up and there's no reason why it shouldn't. Soul crushing loss. I'm really expecting a sweep after this. Unless Pavano pitches the game of his life.

Still rooting for Texas to represent the AL in the WS. Would be pretty epic.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Wood slats = More better grindy

Giant wooden slats are the most uncomfortable seating surface they could have built IMO. Its very strange. I've been to that stadium and although its better than the dome, I still think they really made some bad design choices. I dont get the whole idea of keeping the outfield fans so far from the field, I like stadiums where the first row is closer to the playing surface.

And down goes the twins.