NLDS: Giants vs. Braves

Brian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
Awful that is the way his career ends.

I would tune in to Astros games in the late 90's/early 2000's (only time I could see them was when they were playing the Cubs, as there was no league package) just to get a glimpse of Wagner. I loved those Astros teams. So fun to watch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
This Craig Kimbrel is sick. Can we please hire the Braves' scouts? I hate our organization more and more each day.

He was drafted by the Braves in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft. Which guy would you prefer we have not selected in favor of Kimbrel...Gordon Beckham or Brent Morel? Those are the only 2 picks the Sox had before he was drafted.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
He was drafted by the Braves in the 3rd round of the 2008 draft. Which guy would you prefer we have not selected in favor of Kimbrel...Gordon Beckham or Brent Morel? Those are the only 2 picks the Sox had before he was drafted.

I was talking overall. Not specifically that particular draft. The Braves have a bevy of premium arms. We've got Sale and? I don't even want to get into it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
I was talking overall. Not specifically that particular draft. The Braves have a bevy of premium arms. We've got Sale and? I don't even want to get into it.

And yet...the Braves have exactly legit 1 starting pitcher that they've developed, right? Hanson? Lowe, Hudson, Jurrjens all signed or traded for. Maybe you'd count Medlen but he shredded his elbow. Their bullpen spent about 5 years being the weakest point on their team, to the point they had to sign Wagner to close. Kyle Farnsworth plays a role in their bullpen.

You simply aren't going to get me to envy the pitching staff of any team using Kyle Farnsworth for anything.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
And yet...the Braves have exactly legit 1 starting pitcher that they've developed, right? Hanson? Lowe, Hudson, Jurrjens all signed or traded for. Maybe you'd count Medlen but he shredded his elbow. Their bullpen spent about 5 years being the weakest point on their team, to the point they had to sign Wagner to close. Kyle Farnsworth plays a role in their bullpen.

You simply aren't going to get me to envy the pitching staff of any team using Kyle Farnsworth for anything.

Have you seen what they have in the minors?

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Braves bullpen blows the game. (and Brooks Conrad) Best part though was seeing the freak jumping up and down goin ''f*** ya!!'' and TBS catching it by accident.

Brooks Conrad lost that game for the Braves. He is having one of the worst postseasons by an individual player ever.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Brooks Conrad lost that game for the Braves. He is having one of the worst postseasons by an individual player ever.

Braves still had a chance to win the game when Huff hit that clutch single. Conrad just put the nail in the coffin with his 3rd error which was costly in the Posey AB. He is pulling a Dan Uggla right now.