NLDS: Phillies vs. Reds

Brian

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
I have no idea who's going to beat the Phillies.

Meh they did nothing at all to win this game today. The Reds lost this one themselves. If teams continue to hit their batters, and make tons of errors of course they won't lose but that team is beatable, especially if they face a lineup like the Yankees.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Meh they did nothing at all to win this game today. The Reds lost this one themselves. If teams continue to hit their batters, and make tons of errors of course they won't lose but that team is beatable, especially if they face a lineup like the Yankees.

You could say that about the entire postseason for the '05 White Sox. Fact is they're taking advantage of any mistake the opposing team makes. And I'll take my chances with Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels vs the Yankees any day.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
The Phillies starters are jsut so damn good. Phillies sweep.

I'm not positive, but with the extra time off from the sweep and the normal days off, they might be able to go with Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels the rest of the postseason.

And as for the Reds, they've got nothing to be ashamed of. They got outclassed by the premier organization in baseball right now. But with a young core in Phillips, Votto, Bruce, Stubbs, Heisey, Cueto, Volquez, Wood, Bailey, Leake and Chapman, not to mention guys like Alonso waiting in the wings, they figure to be a force for quite a while.

Edited by Jordan4life