Farewell Nancy Faust

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Some of my favorite childhood memories were made to your soundtrack. I hope retirement treats you well, because I will miss you!

^^^^^^This.

Nancy and the true organ were a great mainstay of south side baseball. She will be sorely missed by many generations of fans.

I love that at the end of the game yesterday, the crowd was chanting "Nan-Cee!". She will be missed, she was fantastic.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
Boyer is currently working on hiring a new organist

Really? That's most excellent, because I thought they'd just drop the organ thing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
I love that at the end of the game yesterday, the crowd was chanting "Nan-Cee!". She will be missed, she was fantastic.

Really? That's most excellent, because I thought they'd just drop the organ thing.

I loved that they turned around and gave her a standing O while the game was on...so the camera showed everyone behind home plate facing the press box.

Yeah...I may have joined in the standing O.

I hope that's correct and Boyer does sign a new organist. Most of the other stadia have gone to prerecorded music, and I think it reduces the experience.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Oct 4, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
The one constant through all the years has been Nancy. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But Nancy has marked the time. She will be missed.

Thanks Terrance Mann. That was on one of my cable movie channels yesterday. Still enjoy it.

I read a long time ago, the Sox switched to canned music, not because it was more popular with fans, but because their players wanted it. It makes sense given Ozzie's comments about Nancy a couple of weeks ago and how she was used the games she did work. Only the top half of the inning. I will miss her, but I've missed her for years during night games.

The canned music is the same in every park. I wonder why that doesn't bother Ozzie.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
every major league ballpark sings "take me out to the ballgame" in the 7th inning stretch, and every team yells their name instead of "home team." What few realize is that the tradition began with the White Sox and Nancy.

I did not know that! Hmph.