Rick Hahn

klaus kinski

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
As great as Jackson could be next year, he has to outperform 6 years of Hudson (and whatever Holmberg turns into) to make that trade even.

Almost all of the money being saved from expiring contracts will be going to arbitration and raises, we have some $85 million tied up with obvious keepers like Danks. Even after that we're down Konerko, Jenks, Putz, Vizquel, Jones and AJ. We'll need a catcher, a 1B, possibly a 3B depending on Morel, a closer, a setup man, and possibly some bench pieces. All that for less than $15 million. Now tell me that Kenny did not shoot himself in his foot with the moves leading to this situation. He now has to trade from an area of strength to recover from his weaknesses, and with the Peavy injury, that strength is already in question.

Danks is not an obvious keeper whatsoever. In fact, he's an obvious trade chip because he's going to want the moon when it's his time, and he's not worth more than a few stars. It's pretty obvious KW, is going to go next year with Viciedo and Morel at 1B/3B unless someone like Adrian Beltre comes cheap. I believe Putz will be resigned. I'm pretty sure Thornton is our setup man or did I miss out on that? Our bench is definitely not a problem.

Edited by nitetrain8601

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Danks is not an obvious keeper whatsoever. In fact, he's an obvious trade chip because he's going to want the moon when it's his time, and he's not worth more than a few stars. It's pretty obvious KW, is going to go next year with Viciedo and Morel at 1B/3B unless someone like Adrian Beltre comes cheap. I believe Putz will be resigned. I'm pretty sure Thornton is our setup man or did I miss out on that? Our bench is definitely not a problem.

Meant as in tendering him a contract.

And that team doesn't win the Central, again.