2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 02:59 AM)
I wonder how hard Portland is kicking themselves for passing on Durant for Oden..

Which was worse.. Darko over Carmelo or Oden over Durant?

Darko over Carmelo, but Oden over Durant was a huge miss. They literally chose a good post guy when healthy (not often) over one of the best players if not the best in the game. HUGE fail.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
JJ has earned the SG spot.

he played mostly SF/PF last season was walking around at 250lbs, which was way too big and slow for the SG spot.

but i did hear that he lost a lot of weight this off season, anyone know anything about it? he does look a bit slimmer this season.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 02:59 AM)
I wonder how hard Portland is kicking themselves for passing on Durant for Oden..

Which was worse.. Darko over Carmelo or Oden over Durant?

Definitely Darko over Carmelo was worst. Oden just hasn't been healthy, and if he were, he probably would be one of the top defensive players in basketball and a double-double machine. Still probably not as good as Durant whom I think is overrated (seriously he shoots 40 times a game, he is gonna score a lot and doesn't play D. LeBron is still the better of the two, and it's not close, IMO). But health has been the reason for the bad pick unlike the Darko pick where Darko was just a bust.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
he played mostly SF/PF last season was walking around at 250lbs, which was way too big and slow for the SG spot.

but i did hear that he lost a lot of weight this off season, anyone know anything about it? he does look a bit slimmer this season.

He lost 30 pounds.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
I noticed it right away when I saw him in the preseason, he's very noticeably slimmer.

And seriously I'm just in love with Noah and Rose in a non gay way. LOVE.

Noah is my favorite player in the league. Always plays like there is a chip on his shoulder. He will probably deserve an All-Star berth this year. Rose is the consummate superstar. Always about the team, no ego whatsoever and always plays hard. Can't wait til we get Boozer back, it is gonna make this team dynamite. Three All-Star-caliber players. That's when Korver/Deng will be most dangerous when we have that low-post scoring threat to help spread the floor.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
Noah is my favorite player in the league. Always plays like there is a chip on his shoulder. He will probably deserve an All-Star berth this year. Rose is the consummate superstar. Always about the team, no ego whatsoever and always plays hard. Can't wait til we get Boozer back, it is gonna make this team dynamite. Three All-Star-caliber players. That's when Korver/Deng will be most dangerous when we have that low-post scoring threat to help spread the floor.

The extra scorer is going to be really important. They have struggled scoring when Rose isn't since Gordon left. Boozer will be a huge add for this team.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)
Definitely Darko over Carmelo was worst. Oden just hasn't been healthy, and if he were, he probably would be one of the top defensive players in basketball and a double-double machine. Still probably not as good as Durant whom I think is overrated (seriously he shoots 40 times a game, he is gonna score a lot and doesn't play D. LeBron is still the better of the two, and it's not close, IMO). But health has been the reason for the bad pick unlike the Darko pick where Darko was just a bust.

I agree that LeBron is the best player in the NBA and its not that close but Durant isn't overrated. He scores a lot of points and he does so efficiently. It is laughable that you say he only scores because he takes a ton of shots when his TS% is .607 which is terrific for a perimeter player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
Really? Johnson had a solid game last night? That's good to hear, I still want to get something out of that guy.

We stress it enough (same with Tyrus) over the years Balta. When a young player actually plays consistantly, he can succeed. JJ has a much better future than Tyrus though, because his BBall I.Q. is much, much higher. JJ was really good last night. This is also why I was very vocal on the Bulls acquiring another shooter. Pre-season is much different than the games that matter. Those shots Bogans and Deng were making in the pre-season when no one was guarding them.. won't happen as often when players actually give a s***. I would say it was more just a bad game for them (though that is the inconsistancy with Deng that were used to seeing) than them not hitting what they can't hit. Still costing Rose 3-5 assists a game.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
We stress it enough (same with Tyrus) over the years Balta. When a young player actually plays consistantly, he can succeed. JJ has a much better future than Tyrus though, because his BBall I.Q. is much, much higher. JJ was really good last night. This is also why I was very vocal on the Bulls acquiring another shooter. Pre-season is much different than the games that matter. Those shots Bogans and Deng were making in the pre-season when no one was guarding them.. won't happen as often when players actually give a s***. I would say it was more just a bad game for them (though that is the inconsistancy with Deng that were used to seeing) than them not hitting what they can't hit. Still costing Rose 3-5 assists a game.

So is my two year old's...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
He did a lot of things that didn't show up in the statsheet. He had a very solid game.

Good to hear.

Now the question will be whether or not Thibs recognizes that. Our previous coaches would respond to the games when a young player did something right with a benching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Good to hear.

Now the question will be whether or not Thibs recognizes that. Our previous coaches would respond to the games when a young player did something right with a benching.

I think he is the kind of coach that will appreciate that, just judging by what has been said about him.