2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
I'll bump this quote for truth. He's going to be ridiculously good in a couple years. Struggling with TO's (which is usual for a rookie and a pass first PG) but man.. Nearly had a triple double with 20 points 13 assists and 9 steals. I didn't think his scoring touch would improve this quickly, but it has.

Dude, he's ridiculously good now. He's 3 games into his NBA career. I played against him in fantasy this week, and those 9 steals are a game-changer. In real life, this guy is on another level and could be the #3 PG in the East this year. (behind Rose/Rondo)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
Dude, he's ridiculously good now. He's 3 games into his NBA career. I played against him in fantasy this week, and those 9 steals are a game-changer. In real life, this guy is on another level and could be the #3 PG in the East this year. (behind Rose/Rondo)

I think he's already better than Rose. Much better defender, faster with the ball, better passer. If I had to choose between the two, I know who I would take.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
I think he's already better than Rose. Much better defender, faster with the ball, better passer. If I had to choose between the two, I know who I would take.

Rose is stronger, a more dynamic finisher at the rim, and actually has a consistent jumper. If Wall works on these next offseason, he might be able to bridge this gap.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Bah...it certainly seems like it got under the other player's skin...and isn't that half the point?

What is this, grade school? A fan with cancer could have easily heard it from the front row.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Rose is stronger, a more dynamic finisher at the rim, and actually has a consistent jumper. If Wall works on these next offseason, he might be able to bridge this gap.

Well Rose is obviously more of a scoring point guard.

Wall could end up being better than Chris Paul. Hell it's close already.

And you've got to look at the supporting cast he has in Washington also.

I see Wall's career path being very close to Kevin Durant's in terms of superstardom.

I like it when something like this catches up to KG because he does this s*** all the time and gets away with it. He knows nobody is going to retaliate, he knows it usually won't get into the media. When is the last time he didn't get in the face of a smaller/scrawny player and tried to take on a tough PF or somebody like that? Ever?

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 06:07 AM)
I might have to ask people to predict the game where Rajon Rondo actually gets less than 10 assists. Hell he hasn't even gotten less than 15 yet in a game early on.

He had 9 in their loss to Cleveland

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 07:07 AM)
I might have to ask people to predict the game where Rajon Rondo actually gets less than 10 assists. Hell he hasn't even gotten less than 15 yet in a game early on.

He has the record for most assists in the first (however many games they've played) of the season so far.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)

WTF, 3 games in and he's already better than one of the best in the league? How many passes have you actually seen the kid throw? Wall is a good player, but he's a rookie that hasnt even shown what type of player he is in the NBA yet. Saying he's better than Rose is ridiculous.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
2nd player in the NBA I most despise after Lebron.

THIS X 10000000

They are 1a and 1b in my book. Watch a few games with Garnett and you can easily see what a huge dbag he is. Somehow, commentators interpret his asshattery as "fire and passion".

I hope KG tries some of that cheap shot s*** on Noah and/or Boozer this season. I would love to see him get his block knocked off. Slightly off topic, wasn't he throwing up gang signs in a game last year?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
WTF, 3 games in and he's already better than one of the best in the league? How many passes have you actually seen the kid throw? Wall is a good player, but he's a rookie that hasnt even shown what type of player he is in the NBA yet. Saying he's better than Rose is ridiculous.

I was waiting to actually see someone comment back on that, it is absurd whatever way you look at it. We should probably wait until he settles in a bit before we talk about him being better than anyone in the top 10 point guards right now. Although he has dominated so far, definitely too early.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
Wow. Too bad nobody can confirm it because that is a fine worthy or suspension worthy comment.

Meh. I doubt that was even the worst thing a player has trash talked this season. Players just usually don't come out and tell the world what is said on the court.