2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Real @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Bulls cant hold the Spurs jock, the difference in talent is hilarious

Bulls lose this game by at least 18

Really? The fact that the Bulls played last night and the jump shots started coming up short while the Spurs had three days off doesn't factor into this at all?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Noah turn the ball over probably 10 times in the last two weeks when he tries to bring the ball up the court. Rose needs to go get that ball from him right away. Also, I know he made the FT last night, but the Bulls are going to lose a game or two this year cause they put the ball in Noah's hands at the end of the game when the other team is trying to foul.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
I've seen Noah turn the ball over probably 10 times in the last two weeks when he tries to bring the ball up the court. Rose needs to go get that ball from him right away. Also, I know he made the FT last night, but the Bulls are going to lose a game or two this year cause they put the ball in Noah's hands at the end of the game when the other team is trying to foul.

Noah has been just fine at the ft line the last few years. Obviously he shouldn't be the first choice to get the ball in those situations but it's certainly not the end of the world if you do.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 05:02 AM)
Noah has been just fine at the ft line the last few years. Obviously he shouldn't be the first choice to get the ball in those situations but it's certainly not the end of the world if you do.

He's obviously not Shaq level bad, but seems like Bulls are just making it too easy for the opposition to keep the ball away from Rose, Korver, etc.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
They announced during a break that Greg Oden is done for the year again. I can't help but to feel bad for the guy at this point.

games played:

2007: 0

2008: 61

2009: 21

2010: 0

Once this season is over, he will have played in a total of 82 out of 328 possible games.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)

He shot 74% last year and is shooting 72% so far this year. For a big man, that's reasonably solid.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
You're using just Brewer and Asik to compare overall talent levels? Really?

Frankly, the way Brewer and Asik played in the 2nd quarter does say something about the Bulls' overall talent level. The team wore down at the end against a fresher team at home, which happens sometimes, but the fact that the 2nd unit has made big runs 2 nights in a row is a real good sign.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
He shot 74% last year and is shooting 72% so far this year. For a big man, that's reasonably solid.

Yet still not who should be shooting your team's FTs at the end of the game IF you can avoid it. On the other hand, Brewer looks much better now than he did a few weeks ago.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 09:00 AM)
Yet still not who should be shooting your team's FTs at the end of the game IF you can avoid it. On the other hand, Brewer looks much better now than he did a few weeks ago.

On the other hand, if you can get the ball to Noah anywhere close to the hoop and the other team is going to foul, you've got a legitimate shot at a 3 point play.

I have zero problem with the ball winding up in Noah's hands down the stretch. I wouldn't run an isolation/post-up play based solely on getting the ball to Noah, but I hate the late game Iso plays anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)

Rose is at 77% and Noah is at 72% this year. The only guy on this team who is really a good free throw shooter that you would have on the floor at that time is Korver.

QUOTE (Real @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)

What a joke of a post. The Spurs got insanely hot, the Bulls got cold. It was pretty obvious that in the 2nd half of the 2nd game of a back-to-back, the Bulls just couldn't keep it going, while the Spurs had 3 days off at home.

Get "Real", yo.

QUOTE (Real @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)

I call bulls***. First half of that game the Spurs couldn't hold the Bulls jock and the Bulls missed a lot of open shots in that first half. Second half got ugly but lets not act as if the Bulls were playing horrible, they just weren't putting in some of there open shots.

Bulls on the 2nd of a back to back played admirably and could have won that game had some buckets fallen in that 3rd quarter.

QUOTE (Real @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Ronnie Brewer is awesome. Asik is a beast. lol

Did you watch Asik on Duncan during the last 8 or 9 minutes of the first half. Duncan couldn't make anything. Missed like 4 or 5 straight shots as Asik was playing great D. Asik did blow quite a few shots on offense where he had tremendous offensive position.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)

I don't think so. Noah is one of the Bulls better free throw shooters. He shoots in the low to mid 70's and he's a big target so you can get him the ball easier on certain in-bounds plays. Plus, we can't pretend that Rose or Deng are tremendous free throw shooters so unless we are talking about Korver the Bulls currently don't have a whole lot of other options to inbound the ball too that shoot better at the line than Noah.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
I don't think so. Noah is one of the Bulls better free throw shooters. He shoots in the low to mid 70's and he's a big target so you can get him the ball easier on certain in-bounds plays. Plus, we can't pretend that Rose or Deng are tremendous free throw shooters so unless we are talking about Korver the Bulls currently don't have a whole lot of other options to inbound the ball too that shoot better at the line than Noah.

Korver, Watson, Rose, Deng (small sample size this year) are all better FT shooter than Noah. Noah is a career 70.7 percent FT shooter. Noah's probably my favorite player on the Bulls, and loved the pick when he was drafted, but he should be the last resort in that situation and just made the observation that it seems like we're not efficient enough with our inbounds plays (a common theme in some of the Bulls games this year).

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Korver, Watson, Rose, Deng (small sample size this year) are all better FT shooter than Noah. Noah is a career 70.7 percent FT shooter. Noah's probably my favorite player on the Bulls, and loved the pick when he was drafted, but he should be the last resort in that situation and just made the observation that it seems like we're not efficient enough with our inbounds plays (a common theme in some of the Bulls games this year).

Noah is actually shooting better from the line than Deng is this year. Using career numbers also ignores the improvement that Joakim has made from the line. Korver I can understand mentioning, but CJ Watson? Are you telling me that in crunch time you would want to see CJ Watson on the floor? As opposed to who?

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)

Watching us on offense, one thing I'm not concerned about is our coaching. Thibbs is legit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Noah is actually shooting better from the line than Deng is this year. Using career numbers also ignores the improvement that Joakim has made from the line. Korver I can understand mentioning, but CJ Watson? Are you telling me that in crunch time you would want to see CJ Watson on the floor? As opposed to who?

It's not crunch time, it's when you're up 2 with 10 seconds left and you need to ice the game. So yes, you put your best FT shooter on the floor (especially when you know the opposition will call a timeout after the FT to allow you to put defensive players in the game). And come on, Noah is .7 percentage points better than Deng so far, and Deng historically is above 75% while Noah is around 71%.