2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
The Clippers need to firesale everyone not Griffin or Gordon and just stockpile draft picks. Kaman could net you some nice pieces and Baron could probably get something.

The scary part is the Clippers could get Harrison Barnes.

Think of a core of Gordon-Barnes-Griffin. Yikes.

Baron is the 3rd most unmovable contract right next to Luol Deng and Elton Brand in the NBA. You're not going to get any pieces for him. Kaman can net you something, but then you better hope DeAndre develops quickly which it doesn't look like he will.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)
The Clippers need to firesale everyone not Griffin or Gordon and just stockpile draft picks. Kaman could net you some nice pieces and Baron could probably get something.

The scary part is the Clippers could get Harrison Barnes.

Think of a core of Gordon-Barnes-Griffin. Yikes.

I said this in the college basketball thread, but I can't believe Barnes is projected to be the first pick in the draft.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 08:37 AM)
Baron is the 3rd most unmovable contract right next to Luol Deng and Elton Brand in the NBA. You're not going to get any pieces for him. Kaman can net you something, but then you better hope DeAndre develops quickly which it doesn't look like he will.

This is so laughable. Baron Davis and Elton Brand are worthless, while Luol Deng is a 20 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg player who will play solid defense and shoot a pretty good field goal percentage. Your hate of all things Deng is ridiculous.

And yes, Deng has a big contract, but please don't compare him to Brand/Davis.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
This is so laughable. Baron Davis and Elton Brand are worthless, while Luol Deng is a 20 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg player who will play solid defense and shoot a pretty good field goal percentage. Your hate of all things Deng is ridiculous.

I'm surprised it took someone that long to write that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
I'm surprised it took someone that long to write that.

Now I will admit, Deng has injury problems that could blow up in his face. But he's playing the best basketball of his career right now and appears to be a pretty darn solid fit in Thib's motion offense. He has his flaws and limitations and isn't worth what he gets paid, but as long as he's on the court (and he appears to be showing that those 2 years might have been flukes), he's been a relatively productive ballplayer.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
Damn you, NBA schedule. Bulls enjoy 3 days off before their back to backs on Tuesday and Wednesday, then have an off day before another back to back Friday/Saturday.

There's some excellent college basketball games on this week at least.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)

Oh really? Show me what year Luol ever averaged 20ppg? Show me when he ever had 3apg?

His career stats:

15.9ppg, 6.5rpg, 2.2apg

That's awful for the money he's making. There's a reason why the Sixers won't take him for Iguodala. Or the Nuggets absolutely refuse to take him in any Melo deal. His career PER is 16.3 which is slightly above average. His PER the last three seasons 14.7, 16.1, 14.2(that's this year). Showing his trends are downward. His career TS% is .527. He's only had two seasons when he's gone above that and one was in 06-07 when he has a TS% of .560 which is carrying upwards. I don't think I have to explain his eFG%.

So please, tell me how Luol is any great? Tell me how or when he has ever lived up to his contract. Is he a useful player? Yes he is. His defense is pretty solid and he's a decent rebounder. That's the extent of it though. For a guy making:

$11,345,000 $12,325,000 $13,365,000 $14,275,000 N/A N/A $51,310,000

over the next four years, that's an awful contract and that's why the Bulls would be hard pressed to get rid of it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Joe Johnson

Richard Hamiltion

Richard Jefferson

Ben Gordon

Joe Johnson could easily be moved. Offer him up and the Knicks take him in a heartbeat. Richard Hamilton was moveable, but Dumars hasn't moved him. I think Utah wanted him in the offseason IIRC. Pistons don't want to move Gordon and he's certainly not immovable at all. He has a friendly contract. Jefferson is moveable as well. Heck, I thought he was more of a pain to move on his previous contract and two teams traded for him two years in a row.

Gilbert I'll give.

Gilbert

Rashard

Luol

Iguodala(though apparently, there's interest)

Brand

Baron