2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
I don't know what it is about the bulls that always bring out the best in the magic. Every time I watch them play any other team they look very average.

I remember listening to the game a while back where the Magic ripped the Bulls by 40 something. They just always whoop on the Bulls.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
russell westbrook only plays well along side durant. yeah.. right

38-15-9 vs the nets tonight without durant in 48 minutes

p.s. also scored all of OKC's 13 points in the 3rd OT to win it. wow

I don't even follow the NBA, but you are taking this way too far.

People admit that Westbrook is good, but they also admit that Rose is good, and at the end of the day, both players are really freaking good. People on here prefer Rose to Westbrook because they are Bulls fans.

I don't think you are convincing anybody of anything other than the fact that you can't let a petty and virtually meaningless argument go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)
So is tonight the biggest night in Cleveland sports history since the Browns won the '64 NFL Championship??

I'd say the AFC Championship vs Elway was bigger or game 1 of the NBA finals vs the Spurs.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I'd say the AFC Championship vs Elway was bigger or game 1 of the NBA finals vs the Spurs.

Yeah, and the World Series Game 7 too. A bit of over-exaggeration on my part, but for a town with little sports success and a bleak future outlook at the moment, it's a pretty big day.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
My name is Jordan4life aka Mikell, and Blake Griffin is f***ing sick. You know you're good when you make me tune in to Clippers highlights.

For every highlight he has, he just misses three more. I watched that game on NBA TV last night, and he was far and away the best player on the court. It's not just that he is so strong and fast, but his hustle and body control is breathtaking.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
My name is Jordan4life aka Mikell, and Blake Griffin is f***ing sick. You know you're good when you make me tune in to Clippers highlights.

No s***. I watched a Spurs/Clippers game and stayed up late for it last night. SPURS CLIPPERS. THINK ABOUT THAT.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 05:00 AM)
I remember listening to the game a while back where the Magic ripped the Bulls by 40 something. They just always whoop on the Bulls.

Yep which is why I'd love to play the Bulls in the Conference Semi - Finals.

Last night showed the Bulls still have a long way to go if they want to get to Boston, Orlando and Miami's level, more of a reality check then anything.

Pierce is money in the playoffs usually, Rose has got to perform at his level in the playoffs to get his past the likes of him IMO.

Chris Paul is ranked way too low for my liking, was 6 last season now at 13, he's borderline top 5 I reckon.

Interesting to see Rose is the 5th ranked PG on that list as well.

How Turkolglu made the top 50 I don't know. Shaq at 35? Puh-lease. He hasn't been relevant for at least 2-3 seasons now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)

Last night showed the Bulls still have a long way to go if they want to get to Boston, Orlando and Miami's level, more of a reality check then anything.

not seeing it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
not seeing it

Yet.

I'm assuming that once Riley eventually takes over and they get Miller's outside shooting into the lineup (and possibly Haslem although that's not probable) they'll be contenders again.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
Yet.

I'm assuming that once Riley eventually takes over and they get Miller's outside shooting into the lineup (and possibly Haslem although that's not probable) they'll be contenders again.

I dont really see that happening either. You think Lebron James complaining about his minutes and Chris Bosh saying "We just want to chill" is going to be resolved when Riley and his hellish practices step into the building? You think that Riley is going to be able to hold Lebron accountable, when that has never happened in his entire life? Dont think so.

They will win some games based purely on talent, but this team doesnt have depth. The Bulls, Magic, Celtics, Hawks all have depth. The Bulls may have gotten run out by the Magic last night, but I dont see that as a reason to say that they have a long way to go before they get on the Heats level.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
I dont really see that happening either. You think Lebron James complaining about his minutes and Chris Bosh saying "We just want to chill" is going to be resolved when Riley and his hellish practices step into the building? You think that Riley is going to be able to hold Lebron accountable, when that has never happened in his entire life? Dont think so.

They will win some games based purely on talent, but this team doesnt have depth. The Bulls, Magic, Celtics, Hawks all have depth. The Bulls may have gotten run out by the Magic last night, but I dont see that as a reason to say that they have a long way to go before they get on the Heats level.

I don't think the Bulls' depth is at Orlando or Boston's level just yet. Gibson is a very good backup PF, Asik's still got a way to go, Korver's a decent scorer off the bench, and Brewer will eventually take over for Bogans at the 2.

Miami's probably only going to use an 8 man rotation or thereabouts come playoff time regardless I would have thought.

All Miami has to do is play with at least 80% effort. When they did that against Orlando, they beat us by about 27. That's what they are capable of, and I wouldn't put it past them come playoff time to produce that kind of basketball again. Who would have thought the Celtics for instance making it through the East at the end of the regular season for 09-10?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)
I don't think the Bulls' depth is at Orlando or Boston's level just yet. Gibson is a very good backup PF, Asik's still got a way to go, Korver's a decent scorer off the bench, and Brewer will eventually take over for Bogans at the 2.

Miami's probably only going to use an 8 man rotation or thereabouts come playoff time regardless I would have thought.

No one goes more than 8 or 9 deep in the playoffs with any kind of regularity. The Lakers and Celtics both had only 8 guys that played in every playoff game last year (well, KG and Perkins both missed one, you get the point), and none of the other guys averaged more than 8 minutes when they did play. Even the Magic only played 9 last year.

Depth isn't close to their biggest issue right now. Ahead of that would be highly suspect rebounding/post-D (unlikely to improve drastically), no other remotely decent scoring options outside of their top-3 (Miller should eventually help that), and Lebron and Wade both shooting well below their career norms and posting high turnover rates (I would think it'll eventually get better, if not they're totally screwed).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 2, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)

The Bulls still match up well against Boston.